Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 60 and having the sleeve

Hi Rosey Posey! I am hoping for relief from incontinence too! We'll see!

Did your incontinance get beter with weight loss? Sonetines it Gets me down hearted. Run Rosey run And it rains before i get there. Doggone it all!

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

:rolleyes: post-302048-0-82652000-1476113909_thumb.jpg HI, I am 7 weeks post op. Having a few issues, background, I was still on my bop meds after surgery, many of them diuretics, I ended up going home , peeing out more than I was getting in. I ended up back in the hospital overnight, getting iv's, then they took me off all bp meds, then my bp went up and I had swelling in my legs so I did not lose weight as fast as I should have, good news is that I have lost about 35lbs. I am 61, and have been stagnant around 2 weeks, I am back to work, starting exercising and rehab,(to regain mobility and muscle tone), but it is just not moving. I am on soft foods, soon to regular foods, struggle with getting liquids in, at work i forget to drink, then realize it is time to eat, so I know I have to work at that. I am becoming a bit impatient, btw, sex life is definitely better!!!!

my incontinence got way better after surgery. It was gone for 9 years but it's starting to come back if I cough or sneeze. I'll be 64 on the 25th of this month.

I'm 65 and after surgery incontinence is gone!! Down 110 pounds in 11 months. So happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon Daisy you have my Grandma s birthday. I'm more like her than I admit to others, very plain spoken ( nice for opinions on most subjects) but I miss the back and forth of her conversations. I was 15 when she died I'm like a strawberry blonde version of her but the bone structure is very much hers. She was big but not heavy, she'd say I needed more exercise and send me out to feed her chickens or such, but then she'd feed me a big meal when I got back. I miss you Grandy Adah.

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

I was 60 when I had my 3 surgeries. Hernia repaired, gallbladder removed and the sleeve. My incontinence has improved greatly but there are times that I still have problems. It is caused by spinal stenosis and 4 bulging disc, one of which is resting on the bladder nerve. I have lost enough weight now that I will be seeing a surgeon on Monday who hopefully will be able to fix my back so I can walk and do the things I use to do before I was injured many years ago. Despite the injury I am able to ride my tricycle and have begun to do some walking with my canes or a walker.

The thing that hurts me the most is all this loose skin. I am finding it very painful to sit in certain chairs as my skin is overlapping and causing pain. I am also experiencing pain in some of my veins as there is so much skin hanging it seems like it is stretching my veins. Is anyone else experiencing pain because of loose skin?

hurts the most is all this loose skin.

@ssflbelleme

sorry you are in such pain :(

that sounds terrible

did/are you take pics during your loss?

showing rashes or whatever

that way will PS might be covered by Insurance

have you spoken with a PS yet

talking about plans for skin removal

probably more than one surgery, right??

good luck

rooting for you

you've been such a success/inspiration

keep up the good work

while the weight goes down!!!

kathy

I am 60 and had my surgery 2 years ago 1/14. Now I can eat anything. Not good! I gave in to the holiday food! Weight gain! Scared to get on the scales but tomorrow is the day to get this weight back off! My advice would be to get as much weight off within 18 months as possible. I failed to research. This week I found two different support groups and that has encouraged me. I don't have that at home. So if this helps you, I'm thankful! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Surely I am not the only person on this forum that is 60 or over having the sleeve surgery.

I would love to hear from anyone that has had the surgery and how you feel now.

My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 15th, Have had all the pre-op testing completed now just waiting for the big day to get here.

Hi! My name is Ebony and I've been here forever since the removal of my lap band. It was removed 2.5 years ago and I've been wanting the sleeve, researching, and asking questions a lot. Listening to all of these posts have really prompted me to go ahead with my fears. I turned 63 6 days ago and have a younger friend of my daughter's that had it done nearly 3 months ago and doing well. She has also inspired me to do this. So, I saw my PCP this morning and she has changed and added more meds to my diabetes ,HBP, and now cholesterol meds :( . I'm tired of going through this and feeling this way. She has now sent over a request to my bariatric Dr. to continue on with the surgery.

I'll be 66 next month. Had the sleeve 11/18/15 and have gone from 324 pounds to 210 pounds. I'm amazed at how easy it has been. I'm so happy. I have 50 pounds more to go. I gained a pound over the holidays. Back to basics and tracking again. Happy New Year everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone I am 64 and live in Florida. I will be having my first Doctor evaluation Feb 1. So glad I found this forum. My choice so far is to do the gastric sleeve if all goes well at my evaluation. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to everyone.

Edited by AllysonB

hi all - kathy here

i decided to re-introduce myself

just celebrated 25th wedding anniversary

wonderful hubby (usually ;) )

41 year old daughter and son-in-law

3 grandchildren (Morgan, 16 Andrew, 13 Ethan, 10)

not heavy as a child - started gaining, gaining, gaining weight as a teen-ager

been a member here these past 5 years

at GOAL 4 years!!!

DOS 12/15/11

sleeved

235 lbs

57 years OLD

present

130 lbs

62 years YOUNG

success is at your fingertips

work hard!! -anything and everything is possible :rolleyes:

kathy

Hello again! Well after talking to the bariatric scheduler, I should be having my surgery either the end of March or 1st week in April. I've just turned 63 and my medicines are getting more and stronger. I'm ready, I'm tired of wondering what if this and what if that.

Hi everyone, glad I found this site. I am to hear the great success stories as I am just in the process of going to my first doctors visit to decide on which procedure will be best for me. I am 64 lol my husband just said your 67. Roflmao I quit counting anyway I was apprehensive due to my age. I can now see it is ok. Thanks all for sharing your stories. If anyone has any wisdom for me please share. I am in Florida and will be seeing a Dr Dichicco just telling that in case someone has used him by chance.

Edited by AllysonB

I had my surgery on Nov 18th and I am 60. I was 247 at the hospital day of surgery and am now at 218. I feel really good. It has been difficult at times for me to get the Water and Protein but I work hard at it everyday! The only problem I have had is two times I didn't chew well and had food back up. It was pretty painful, but I walked and walked and eventually worked it way out. I am very conscience of my chewing. I wish I had done it years ago but I believe everything in it's time!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App