Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cauliflower Pizza and Pizza Crackers

Lady E.
Sign in to follow this  

I tried these receipes this past weekend and they were yummy to my tummy. Great alternative from eating regular pizza.< /p>

Cauliflower Pizza

1 cup cooked or uncooked, riced cauliflower*

1 egg

1 cup mozzarella cheese

1/2 tsp fennel

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp parsley

Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese. For the sauce I used Great Value Pizza Sauce it has 4 carbs per 1/4 cup, the toppings I used were turkey pepperoni and low fat mozzarella cheese, but of course feel free to use any healthy toppings you like :-)

Here is the link to the receipe if you want to see pictures (when I first made it, I found it hard to believe that this Pizza Crust was made from cauliflower because it looked like the real thing):

http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-pizza-crust-worth-its-wow-gold

Pizza Crackers

I doubt if this receipe is new to anyone on here, but I thought it was another great alternative for pizza. Please check with your surgeon or nut first to make sure you are cleared to eat crackers (please eat in moderation).

3-5 Saltine multi wheat crackers (10 carbs for 5 crackers) or whichever crackers you prefer

Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni (or other toppings to your liking)

Place either in the microwave for 10 seconds or until cheese is melted, or in the oven on broil for 5-10 min

This snack is soooo good and a another great alternative for pizza. Plus it's a good meal to eat on the go.

I am so buying cauliflower tomorrow....I want to make the pizza. I saw a fried rice recipe....I'll have to dig for it somewhere but will post tomorrow......yumyumyum

I am so buying cauliflower tomorrow....I want to make the pizza. I saw a fried rice recipe....I'll have to dig for it somewhere but will post tomorrow......yumyumyum

Hello from MN Mary. Had my sleeve on the 6th of October. I am on liquids. Tough for me to drink 64 oz. Any tricks. When you started pureed foods were some better than others? Easier? Will my stomach stretch some so I will be able to eat meals once again? HELP

MN Mary

I made this last night and it was so good...surprisingly so. My entire family ate every last bite of the doubled recipe. The crust was a little "soft" and I had to bake it a bit longer than the recipe called for, probably because I used an insulated cookie sheet.

These are some changes that I will make next time:

1. Drain the cauliflower well and then pat dry with a tea towel

2. Return riced cauliflower to the saucepan, on the stove, to cook out more of the liquid

3. Bake it on a pizza stone or parchment paper lined, think cookie sheet to help the crust brown up even more.

I really can't wait for lunch now, I have leftovers in the fridge!

since I used a package of frozen cauliflower, I used 1/2 for the pizza...and today I used the other 1/2 today to make fake fried rice. I stirfried the riced cauliflower, a couple of slices of onion and chopped garlic, added 5 med shrimp, cooked...added 1 tsp each of soy sauce, sesame oil and fried rice seasoning....stirred topped with 1/4 of bean sprouts....and voila....sooooo good.....

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your responses.

@ NLWC. Christa- I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the pizza :-)

@ Cknorte- Glad to hear you enjoyed the recipe as well. I am going to try and make the fried rice with the cauliflower, it sounds yummy :-)

Lady E.

Can I ask a silly question? What is "riced" cauliflower?

haha not a stupid question i was thinking the same thing.

I made this last night and it was AMAZING!!! The wife and kids loved it. The kids didn't even know it was cauliflower. They were shocked when I told them. The said, "You didn't BUY this?" Even my 2-year old who doesn't eat anything loved it!! I topped mine with turkey sausage crumbles and and turkey pepperoni and skim mozzarella. I want to make it again tonight!! It was a hit!

I bought all the stuff yesterday to day make it tomorrow, and can't wait to try it out on the family!

So I made it today for lunch! It was my first experience running cauliflower through the Cuisinart and I was amazed at all of the things that I am now thinking I can do with that "riced" cauliflower - who knew? LOL! The pizza was great! Made a double batch so I will have it for another 7-8 meals :-) Don't think my family would be fooled thinking it was real pizza but for me it was great! Thanks so much for the great idea! Saw someone post about making fried "rice" with this too - that will be my next attempt!

Soooooo, mine did not turn out well at all, although it did taste good, and I know what I did wrong.

The recipe calls for cooked or uncooked cauliflower. I thought well... might as well cook it first, so I steamed it. But that makes it too mushy to grate... it just falls apart. So I measured out a cup to put in the Ninja with the egg (twice, it was a double-batch). Unthinkingly, I smushed as much into a cup as I could, forgetting that the recipe calls for loose cups. So, not only did I end up using too-moist cauliflower, I used WAY too much. The top browned really pretty, but it stayed soggy in the middle and stuck to the pizza pan.

Next time I'll grate it and use it raw, use a stone instead of a pizza pan, and let the oven cook it. And next time too, I think I'll use chicken, mushrooms, red peppers and Alfredo sauce. :D

(This one was the standard Tomato sauce with ham and pepperoni.)