Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Rainbow,

I'm glad to hear you're doing better! I'm sure when I finally get banded I'll be dreaming of pizza too! lol. But I'll be dreaming about getting thin even more! Keep up the good work!

Chris

Thanks Rainbow! I feel pretty good, actually . I just need to climb on the exercise wagon- I hate to do it. My surgeon is really pushing the issue. I don't know why I have such a hard time. I did join the Y and now I just need the motivation. I work full time nights- 11 pm to 7 am and I am usually pretty tired. I planned on going yesterday morning, but I had a really tough night- didn't get out of work until 9 am- 2 babies decided to be born at pretty much the same time, so I ran my butt off!! I was off last night, so I am planning on the Y today.

nurse4126

Night shift is hard, (i am rotating night and day) with most of the rest of the world being days.

folks

hey i made it thur the night in my own bed, all night.

i guess one step at a time

Hang in there rainbow! Nurse, i belongto the Y and once i got into a rythm...well, i miss it most of all now. i'm hoping Dr. jones will let me go back after my 1st appt. Chrispy - do you have your mtg with the doc yet? i'm hopin for ya! is anyone going to the post op mtg next thurs? I'm hoping to meet some of you face to face not just cartoon to cartoon. I hope i don;t look anything like Opus(except that I am round)lol!

dez

I just made my appt today with Dr Jones. It's for Thursday the 23rd of August, which still puts me on track to get surgery the beginning of October. It's been tough scheduling all the appts at work. My boss is starting to ask me if I'm ok. lol. I've decided not to tell anyone other than my close friends and family. How about you guys? Did you tell a lot of people?

i only told a few friends and my boss, but i guess everyone knows at work now, so i,ve been told....geez guys talk more than woman

I have been very open and told everyone i work with as well as my family and close friends. people knew i was fat and dieting so i figurewhat's the big deal. they have all been so supportive. i got more cards, gifts, calls, emails and everyone is proud of me for doing what i need to do for me. we'll see what happens when school startsin a few weeks. at least i'll be on mushies by then.

chrispy - aug 23rd is a wed. when is your appt? cuz i have appts at 1 and 1:45.

i guess no one is going to the post op.

Dezadoo, my appt is at 11am. Too bad! But I'm sure we'll certainly run into each other one of these days. Technically - I can't go to the support meeting. lol. Not for another couple of months! :Banane27:

I live a good hour away from Boston, so I don't do the meetings- it's too hard with my work schedule. I use this board and others for support. I finally have made it to the Y for 2 mornings in a row- hope to make this one the 3rd! We are going to Six Flags today for my hospital picnic, so I will get lots of walking in as well. I was off last night- that is why I am up and awake at 3 am.- It is hard when you are used to being up all night, and then trying to sleep like a normal person on nights off. Am I whining???- LOL

lets try this again

nurse i also work nights (rotating shifts) very hard to struture a life ,but we do what we have too. i am not back to work yet, but when i do go back it will be for 7 (12 hour Days)

so its been a year for you on your banding. Are you happy with the out come?

hi Rainbow- yes, I have to say I am ok with my loss. As I've said though, I have been really really bad with the exercise; I could have lost a lot more. I think I was kind of going through a rebellion of sorts- like testing the band and undermining myself. But... I have begun to exercise and really behave in the food department. I really needed to have the band put around my head instead of my stomach.

nurse - what a great thought! "I really needed to have the band put around my head instead of my stomach."

to succeed, we really need to change the way we think! I need to stop focusing on food and focus on more productive things! thanks for that thought!