Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

good luck, chrispygal! let me know about your psych visit, mine was very short and mostly involved her speaking very forcefully (almost berating) about how serious a decision it was, well, no shit! i expected some ?'s exploring feelings, etc. keep me posted!

Hello folks

this is my 1st time at the computer, banded 8/1/06.

trying to drink liquids, i feel like my stomach is in my chest. very sleepy all the time.

sleeping on the sofa for now (belly sleeper)

i did pick up world wide protien shake from trader joe's. its ready made and has 35 grams of protien per can. they cost over $2 a can

A new begining, i kinda feel like a little kid

Hi rainbow,

I wish I was at the point you are at. I plan on having the lapband done at Beth Israel. I am going to my first meeting Aug. 24. I will be interested to hear your progress.

Nanaviv

hi Nanaviv

been sleeping mostly since i've got home, try and get your liquid pain meds filled right away. i am not in big pain but not taking any chances, so i am taking the pain meds now. will keep you up to date

day 5

tried to sleep in a bed last night, ended up back on the sofa. i've been sleeping a great deal. that must be due to the liquid pain med and a healing thing. started to drink flavored water but seem to like plain Water at this point. had a 1/3 of a can of liquid protien shake (bannana) not bad. i do have to remind myself to slip slow............

i think i'll set myself up a puzzle to build today to help the day seem productive

Hi Deezadoo,

My psych visit was very....weird. She started out by acting surprised that I didn't want the RNY, and why didn't I want it, and that she prefers that surgery because you can just take a nap and wake up 30lbs lighter. I told her how I have no interest in the RNY, how long I've been thinking about this surgery, and how I've done all the work in the past but I never got anywhere, and how I'm not afraid to put in the effort, and I know what a big change this will be, etc, etc. And her response would be 'well 40% of those people we band never come back, another percentage does ok, and another small percentage do very well'. I just think that is crazy! Why would you have surgery and not come back?! Anyway, along the way I figured she was using some kind of reverse psychology on me and sure enough, towards the end of our meeting she says that her point was to make me angry so that I would want to prove everyone wrong. Ummm....ok. Like everyone else in this world doesn't secretly think I can't do it because I have never been able to. Why do I need my psychologist to make me feel like shit even more. Whatever. Just approve me. lol.

So I guess they are meeting next Thursday to discuss "approving" me. I'm sure I'll have no problem. So how have you been feeling? Have things been rough?

Chris

Just to chime in Dr. J did my surgery in April of 05. I have to say I am so glad that I chose him. I looked at B&W and Tufts also, but chose BIDMC because of Jones. I researched all the surgeons and their histories, credentials, read papers they had published, etc. and Jones was (IMO) by far the best surgeon in Boston.

The aftercare is awesome and Angi is wonderful. You can call her anytime with any questions and she always gets back to you. If you ever go to the post op groups she is there and usually either Jones or Schneider are there too. (Schneider is great too)

I have the VG band so it took me while to get to the "sweet spot" ( I never called in between fills wanting another sooner I just waited until the next appt but I think I handled the head hunger issues better that way.) But now that I am there wow the weight is flying off. Jones is honest and extrememly supportive. Even when I thought I wasn't doing that well (you know how impatient we can be) he always makes sure to tell me that HE thinks I'm doing great and to point out my success.

I think you made a great choice!

Good luck!

yes i thought the phych thing was a little off the wall. but you have to go thru the motion to get approved. (insurance wants it), i am not keen on the travel from western mass to get to BI, but its worth it for the best surgeon. Dr Jones was great and because i had breast cancer issues in the past was very understanding to my own issues. it will be hard for me to make the post op meeting i also work 12 hr rotating shifts. my son and son's wife live in Canton good reason to stay over and spend time with the grandkids.I agree Angi is great!

Hi all! congrats, rainbow! you'll do great! chrispy gal, i agree, the psych they use is a little weird. i was thinking about going back 1 time but who knows...maybe i'll find someone new. i missed my first post op group, it was wed the 2nd and there was a bosox game, traffic sucks then! i hope to get to meet some of you there! so far, so good. tues i was a mess! bloated, sick to my tummy, weak and bleeding. it took Angi all day to get back to me but i felt great the next day! i was just on the scar pix thread...my incisions look very different, when did your steristrips fall off? mine are caked with blood and i would love to wash them off. i am also oozing a bit from 1 incision. should i have Dr.Jones check it out?

betterme - how much are you down so far? it sounds like you are doing great! keep in touch all!

Dez

still have the strips.if i go by my gallbladder removal it will take another week for the strips to fall off.

oozing....i am not thinking that is right you should give a call and have them check it out. or maybe your primary care

don't want an infection better to be safe

i did call the day i was so sick and angi told menot to worry about it. i am concerned and i will call again mon if still goin on.

I had my surgery with Dr. Schneider last August. I have lost almost 60 so far. He and his staff are awesome!:clap2:

Kris - thanks for chiming in. It's good to hear from someone who has had the band for a while. How much weight have you lost. Do you regret the decision at all?

Deezadoo - I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Definitely watch your symptoms carefully. I'm sure some of this is to be expected after surgery but you want to make sure you don't get an infection.

Rainbow - if we're really truthfull, it's never pleasant to drive into Boston. lmao. But Canton is close and after care is important. Besides, I think your grandkids enjoy the extra visits!

one full week

sitting up better, i think i can make it to the bed tonight and sleep thru, will give it a shot

had the dream about a slice of cheese pizza again lol

just alittle pain on the left side but i was told that it is normal

i am sooooooo bored

nurse- 60 pounds that is great how do you feel? at work a box of computer paper weighs 20 pounds, thats 3 boxs of paper.great job