Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can drink a water-based Protein Drink at pretty much pre-surgery speed. If it's thicker, it really slows me down though. For a water-based shake, I would say 25 oz in an hour. For a thick shake, 3 sips max and then I have to rest 10 minutes.

Im glad to read everyones messages makes me feel good knowing that we are all on our way to becoming skiny models lol

Donna, I was very pleased (albeit surprised) to see your loss too! Although you do have a higher BMI than me, and I understand that those with a higher BMI will loose faster! Good for you! Don't fret, It's all true, and oh, so great!!

Cheri, I am glad to hear you're getting lot's of sleep! Even if it's on the couch! Funny think you mention about all the liquids....I'm tired of "drinking" from a cup all the time, so last night, I put my broth in a bowl, and used a spoon. Mentally, it made a big difference, seemed more like a meal :-)

Donna, I too am worried that I can drink so much liquid. I can drink faster than the recommended 2 oz per 15 minutes....and I'm not sure if I should be worried, slow down or just keep going. As an example, I can drink 1 cup of my protien shake in about 30 minutes.....how about others?

How long is it taking everyone to drink 1 cup of protien shake?

I'm so glad for this thread as it is nice to discuss these little things we are experiencing. I was worried about being able to consume so much so fast too (got sleeved on the 16th)...but it seems to be a common thread with many of us so it must be somewhat normal, lol.

Going back to work in 3 days. Sure hope this burping and throat gurgling subsides. Don't know that my customers and employees will appreciate that very much. Other than that I feel fantastic! :laugh0::thumbup::thumbup:

I hope all of the folks recently sleeved are doing well. If you're feeling sore and uncomfortable, just remember it gets better pretty quickly. I'm now 11 days out and feel completely back to normal (I even slept on my side last night!) except for the knowledge that I have healing incisions on my belly. They do get a tiny bit tender if I overdo it, and I still can't drink supercold drinks like I prefer, but other than that it's golden.

I'm down about sixteen pounds total, which isn't terribly exciting but isn't anything to frown at, either. I've never lost weight so quickly or effortlessly before.

I'm working exercise into my routine now that I feel better. I'm aiming for 7,000 steps a day to start, with 30 minutes of low impact exercise in there. I just danced around the living room with my twins for a while and that will count towards my total for the day. I'm actually a bit eager for six weeks post op so I can start a real workout again.

possumtrot: Good luck at work tomorrow! I hope you continue to feel great.

LaSa: How are you doing on full liquids? I noticed that the nutritional info Dr. Aceves gave us is more limited than most full liquid diets. What are you incorporating at this point? I had a Protein shake this morning (chocolate) and it was like manna! I was so happy to have something "solid" as crazy as that seems. I think lunch will be a pureed cream Soup with 1/2 a packet of unflavored unjury (blech) added for Protein boost. Hope you're doing well. Did Sa buy you a dress yet? What a sweet guy you have! My husband pointed out my hourglass figure is reemerging today and complimented me on how well I'm doing. It's great to have a cheerleader, isn't it?

Well, take care everyone. I need to break up a fist fight between my twins...my daughter is pulling my son's hair while he kicks her and shrieks. Awesomeness. I am so ready to be out of the toddler years, even though I know I'll miss them once they're older.

~Cheri

Hi Donna, I agree, it's just great that we can all share our experiences and turn to each other in times of need, or for support!

Cheri, nice to hear from you! I've been in touch with Gaby at Dr. A's office regarding the diet and especially the 10-20g of carbs! (next to impossible). If you pm me with your personal email, I'll shoot over her response. Perhaps we can communicate via email on a regular basis? SA has not been shopping yet...but I know he will...perhaps this weekend. How great is it that your husband is taking notice! I bet it made you feel really, really good. Hope the twins are great, and that you're doing fine....pm me, talk soon.

Me again! I'm getting ready to move to mushies on Monday, and am oh soooooo thrilled. I'm busy searching for all the great food ideas on the site so I can make my shopping list....ahhhh.....

Hope everyone's doing well and are keeping up with their daily requirements!

Thinking of you all...

It's good to see all the July tickers moving downward. I got under 300 fairly soon after I arrived home from Mexico, and it's nice for me to think I will never see that number again on my scale! I am just starting full liquids today for a week, and I'm amazed at just how little I can eat. I had a couple small bites of cottage cheese and a couple of yogurt, but now I'm worried I might not get my fluids in so I'm sipping at them. I haven't been able to get my Protein in at all on Clear Liquids, but so far today have had a couple scoops for a total of 42 grams. Hopefully I can get one more scoop in and then I can finally say I got all my protein in.

It again has been a while for me.. I’m going to get better about posting now that I am back in GA.. How is everyone doing? I am so amazed how fast the weight is coming off. All my life I have been fighting with my weight. I got under 200 on my own and I almost didn't have the WLS but now I can’t believe I almost backed out. This is the best investment I could have ever made for myself! I got full off of 1/4 to 1/3 can of slim fast this morning.. WHO DOES THAT?? And I got sick from over eating on four chicken nuggets.. WHO DOES THAT?? Life is changing so fast and I honestly was having with draws from not having internet to post on here.. Thank you for always being so supportive! I don’t know what I would do without this site!!

Im glad to read everyones messages makes me feel good knowing that we are all on our way to becoming skiny models lol

So I like your tracker soooo much that I made one myself..:thumbup: Hope you dont mind.:confused1:

I am on mushies and I am sick of eating.

Crazy. I never thought I'd say that in a million years.

I feel like in my attempt to get in all of my Protein, hit at least 600 calories and drink 64 ounces of Water a day I am eating or drinking ALL DAY LONG. Ugh. I'm sick of it. Nothing tastes good anymore and I'm not hungry and I do not want to eat. I cannot believe eating is such a chore.

My husband can eat pizza in front of me and I don't even care, other than the fact that the melted cheese smells pretty good. But actually eating any of it? Yuck!

I seem to be very slowly dropping for the past week. I'm still losing faster than ever before, but I'm losing like two to four tenths of a pound a day now, instead of more than a pound. My goal is to get to 218 by the end of one month (15 August). That means six pounds in 12 days and I'm not sure it will happen.

I'm also having trouble sleeping. I'm comfortable, and when I finally fall asleep I sleep very well, I just have trouble actually falling asleep. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd like it to stop.

Sorry to complain so much. The sleeve has been great so far, and I'm feeling just fine. I just wish there was an easier way to get all of the nutrition I need.

Mellifrits: Glad to hear you're doing so well. It's amazing how much life changes with the sleeve - I remember a time when I felt 9 nuggets with a large fry weren't enough food. You're almost to goal, keep up the great work!

Donna: Thanks for the link!

Take care everyone, I hope you all are doing well.

~Cheri

Cheri, drink the Protein in your Water, so you kill two birds with one stone. It's a no-brainer really. Get Protein Shots and dump one in your bottle of water. Drink a protein shake; 55 grams of protein down the hatch and 24 oz of liquid/water at the same time.

I'm so glad to hear how great you are all doing. Mellifrits... I'm glad you liked Dr Rod and his team. Its weird but I think I almost had fun when I went. Keep up the good work

I had my sleeve done on July 31 and I'm happy to report I have lost 9 pounds today! I too, am not even hungry. I can't believe it. I have been back at work for 2 days now and I'm tolerating that well.