Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Heather, this is fantastic news! I can't wait to hear your date so that we can all start visualizing you on the Loser's Bench!!!

Hi Singand_dance,

I had my appt with Dr Alami today. You will like him. He is a very funny guy. Made me feel comfortable and hes very thorough. I'm glad I went with him as my surgeon. My surgery date is June 22nd. It could have been sooner but I wanted to wait until after my trip. I want to be at home and close to Kaiser as I am getting to know sleeve and how it works.

<br />I just had a phone appt today with Kirk, and now I have an appt with Dr Alami next week. I could have had one tomorrow morning, but I just didn't have enough notice to get the time off work. Dang! I'm hoping to know my surgery date next week! Yippie!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I finally got my surgery date! June 22 is the day for me, I'll see you at Kaiser, Babysista!

I'm so excited to finally have my date, and I'll be getting rid of my stinking gallbladder at the same time. (Do you think they'll let my play with my organs after surgery? I'd just like to say goodbye, and I'd like to punch my gallbladder.

Now that I have the date, this just got real! It's time to prepare. I have tiny tupperware containers to buy, recliners to rearrange, a house to de-clutter. I'm stoked!

Great news about the upcoming surgery dates. I'm so excited! YAY!!!

:lol:Hi Sing,

It looks like you and I are super close to getting our surgeries! I just got my surgery date last week for June 6th and I'm so excited! Congratulations on being so close!!

Happy to hear everyone is doing well and reaching overweight!

I'm 1.1 lbs from scheduling surgery! I'm nervous and excited, I've been waiting so long and things are finally going to be moving forward. Yikes!

Hope you're all doing well. I can't wait to post that I actually have a surgery date!

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Its been a great month. I'm down 90lbs, and have offically joined ONEDERLAND!! WOOHOO, so excited. I haven't seen a 1 before my weight since I was 15.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Its been a great month. I'm down 90lbs, and have offically joined ONEDERLAND!! WOOHOO, so excited. I haven't seen a 1 before my weight since I was 15.

Congrats!!! That is awesome!!! I am down 111 pounds total. It has been 5 months since surgery today! My hair is shedding like crazy and I have been losing a lot slower the last month or so. I am 35 pounds till goal! We are all doing so great!

I have lost 52 lbs since starting this. However I've been stalled for a month. I have been bummed out because if that. I have 30 lbs to go to goal. One good thing is I was a size 12 last month and now I'm a size 10. So my weight hasn't changed but my size has. I am happy about that, but still feel bad cuz my right isn't moving. I know, probably losing fat and gaining muscle. I just want to see that number on the scale go down. am I going to forever be 167! :(

Lisa

Congrats!!! That is awesome!!! I am down 111 pounds total. It has been 5 months since surgery today! My hair is shedding like crazy and I have been losing a lot slower the last month or so. I am 35 pounds till goal! We are all doing so great!

I've been having issues with Hair loss recntly also. I usually flat-iron my curly hair, but I've been wearing it natural lately so that it looks a bit fuller. I know that its apart of the process, but the hair loss really sucks!

I have lost 52 lbs since starting this. However I've been stalled for a month. I have been bummed out because if that. I have 30 lbs to go to goal. One good thing is I was a size 12 last month and now I'm a size 10. So my weight hasn't changed but my size has. I am happy about that, but still feel bad cuz my right isn't moving. I know, probably losing fat and gaining muscle. I just want to see that number on the scale go down. am I going to forever be 167! :(

Lisa

You're so close to goal! The last bit are going to be the hardest, for all of us, but soo worth it! Great job on your progess so far!

You're so close to goal! The last bit are going to be the hardest, for all of us, but soo worth it! Great job on your progess so far!

Thanks, It's just so frustrating. You are doing great as well. Lisa

HI Kaiser folks,

I'm new, and really have just begun to deeply consider WLS. I currently have Kaiser, but starting next year will be fortunate to be double covered and have both Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross. Just wondering how the process starts at Kaiser. Does your PCP make you diet first before referring to Bariatic Surgery? Then does the surgeon make you diet some more? I know Kaiser pushes their weight management program (Optifast)... is that also a requirement?

If you had a choice between Kaiser and pretty much any other surgeon out in N. Cali (anthem blue cross) would you stick with Kaiser? I know there's probably no correct answer, just looking for opinions here. Thanks.

I am very pleased with my surgeon Dr. Baggs at Kaiser Richmond. I would go back to him in a heartbeat and I feel that the follow-up is also very good. Those that have him as a surgeon really rave about him. There are support group meetings the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month. 6pm - 7:30. Come if you can so you can ask questions and see people who are both post-op and pre-op and see how we've all done.

You will get weighed when you go to orientation and that is your starting weight. You will then be given a 1200 calorie diet to follow that most people find to be effective. Kaiser Richmond does not use Optifast or any other Protein supplements.

It's very helpful if you've lost some weight between orientation and meeting with your surgeon to show them your commitment. Your surgeon will give you a goal weight for surgery. When you get to that goal weight, you'll meet with the case manager and be assigned your surgery date.

My PCP referred me to the Bariatric Program in October. I went to Orientation mid-November and had surgery on February 17th so it was around 3months to surgery.

Keep asking questions. Good Luck!!

Great info sharing, Lee. I would also add that Kaiser South San Franciaco has support groups every week. Tuesdays at 12::30 pm and Thursdays at 6:00 pm. Both are great groups with great conversations and feel free to bring anyone as a support person. With the amount of information flying, it's great to have an extra set of ears to connect the dots.

My PCP did not have me ose any weight before referring me to the program. Keep in mind that once in the program, losing weight prior to surgery not only demonstrates your commitment, it also shrinks your liver which makes the entire operation that much safer for you. I think Kaiser has a powerful and proven program compared to many others that rush to surgery. Education and behavior modification are key for success and being on the prescribed meal plan helps set that up perfectly.

I love my sleeve and Dr. Le in SSF is awesome to work with. I would do I all over again in a minute.

Best luck to you in making this important decision for yourself!!!

David