Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

I have a hard time with plain Water too. Robin recommended propel zero, and that goes down really well for me. The lemon reminds me of sprite, but the grape is my favorite. I find it at Safeway all time on sale, and manage 3-4 of those a day.

Thanks for the recommendation! I tried it when I was really early out and it was too sweet for me, but I will try again. I have found some of my tastes have changed again so it's worth a shot.

Hello Everyone,

Heather, it's so exciting to see you so close to finally getting your surgery. How wonderful that things are finally working out for you.

I haven't checked in here for awhile. It's great to see this forum being active for Kaiser patients. I forget to bop over here from OH. I'm still working my way towards goal. It's been slow going, but it's going. Hours of exercise definitely helps.

David, are you joining us next week for support group? I hope so!

For anyone interested, the guest speaker at the Kaiser Richmond group on Wednesday March 16th from 6pm - 7:30pm is Dr. Shnurr, the psychologist. The topic is going to be Body Image. It should be interesting.

I hope to see some of you there!

Thanks for the recommendation! I tried it when I was really early out and it was too sweet for me, but I will try again. I have found some of my tastes have changed again so it's worth a shot.

I like Vitamin Water zero. But all of the flavored waters are way to sweet. I dilute them with water and then they are perfect.

My favorite was Sobe 0 - Fugi Apple Pear flavor. It tastes like diluted apple juice with a hint of pear. Quite yummy and it was so easy to get down. I still have it occasionally for a treat. The crystal lights are all too sweet for me, but I do like their Peach iced tea flavor or the Green Tea. The fruity flavors have been tough for me post-op because of the sweetness. I tend to drink a lot of herbal tea or Decaf black teas.

Hi everyone! It has been way to long since I last posted! It's so nice to see many new faces on here.

Heather!!!! So glad to see you will be on the losers bench soon :)

Lee- Good to see you on here too! Question, how much food can you eat per meal?

I still think I am the only one who has had Kaiser Fremont though lol! I had my surgery May 25th 2010. My starting weight was 250 and as of today I am 149.5 Over the last few months I have been losing slowly, but to be honest I am happy where I am at so it doesn't bother me. I can eat about 1 cup of food per meal too. Also, weirdest thing is that I can never throw up! I have over eaten a few time where I feel like I should throw up, even to the point of trying to force my self to and yet nothing but spit comes up! But at any rate I need to get back into the swing of a support group since the closest one to where I live is 30+ min away !!!

Woohoo! Way to go Ashley! 100 lbs is awesome. We need to celebrate!

QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO HAD SURGERY IN SOUTH SF

I just got a invite to a 6 month check up, but it is not clear. Is this a class or a meeting with my doc? If it is a class, how long does it last? Just trying to plan. Thanks so much!

Cherice

QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO HAD SURGERY IN SOUTH SF

I just got a invite to a 6 month check up, but it is not clear. Is this a class or a meeting with my doc? If it is a class, how long does it last? Just trying to plan. Thanks so much!

Cherice

hi!! how are you? i had the 6 month check p and it is a class.we went upstairs to have bp and weigh in then to the 2nd floor class room and met with the nut,nurse phillips and another nurse,i forgot her name.it was 2 hours and they handed out your lab results and if you had something on them that needed clearing up,they are there for questions.my labs were good so i went home.they said there would be another appt in 6 more months.there were about 15 in the class.hope you are doing well,Alice

Thanks Alice! Good to hear from you. How are feeling? I am doing pretty good. Had a lot of issues with stomach acid, but it seems to have resolved over the last month. Losing, losing, losing :D

Cherice

hi!! how are you? i had the 6 month check p and it is a class.we went upstairs to have bp and weigh in then to the 2nd floor class room and met with the nut,nurse phillips and another nurse,i forgot her name.it was 2 hours and they handed out your lab results and if you had something on them that needed clearing up,they are there for questions.my labs were good so i went home.they said there would be another appt in 6 more months.there were about 15 in the class.hope you are doing well,Alice

Hello Everyone,

Heather, it's so exciting to see you so close to finally getting your surgery. How wonderful that things are finally working out for you.

I haven't checked in here for awhile. It's great to see this forum being active for Kaiser patients. I forget to bop over here from OH. I'm still working my way towards goal. It's been slow going, but it's going. Hours of exercise definitely helps.

David, are you joining us next week for support group? I hope so!

For anyone interested, the guest speaker at the Kaiser Richmond group on Wednesday March 16th from 6pm - 7:30pm is Dr. Shnurr, the psychologist. The topic is going to be Body Image. It should be interesting.

I hope to see some of you there!

I'll be there, Lee. Waiting at Denny's parking lot for my favorite carpool buddies!

David (Kawika) how are you doing? You don't write me no more. ha ha. How is your weight loss coming?

I'm at 173 today. I have 3.5 lbs until I'm out of the obese category. I'm very excited about that.

David (Kawika) how are you doing? You don't write me no more. ha ha. How is your weight loss coming?

I'm at 173 today. I have 3.5 lbs until I'm out of the obese category. I'm very excited about that.

Hey, Lisa Lisa! Nice to see you on here and congratulations on being such a GREAT LOOOOOSER! Wow, you have been so successful and I'm proud of you. I'm down the big 100 since starting the program in September, 2010 and I'm 61 down since surgery in January. I'm doing lots of walking and lots of gym and still eating tons (OK only 1/2 cup at a time) of ground Turkey. My follow up appointment is not until April 28! Keep up your great work.

David

Its tonight right

It was great to meet you tonight! I hope you'll come often. You are so beautiful and have done so well! :)