Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

The next Kaiser Point West meeting is next Saturday 11/27 from 11-1. Hope to see you all there! We should make a sign for all the sleevers... or we should all carry a single red rose or something to find each other. lol.

I had my orientation at SSF today and it was great. I left home at 5 am because Google maps said it would take 2 hours and 40 min to get to SSF from Elk Grove during traffic. I was an hour and a half early (I also was thinking it started at 8, not 8:30). The staff seemed really great, they didn't get snotty with anyone, even people who were an hour late. I also love that SSF lists a bunch of support groups in their binder, which Richmond wouldn't do.

Dr Le said they're scheduling surgeries about 6 weeks out. I'm a little nervouse but I'm excited. I can't believe I've already got 2 more appointments scheduled with SSF. I think this means I should go off my bc as soon as I finish this pack. Whoah! That'll be wierd.

The next Kaiser Point West meeting is next Saturday 11/27 from 11-1. Hope to see you all there! We should make a sign for all the sleevers... or we should all carry a single red rose or something to find each other. lol.

I had my orientation at SSF today and it was great. I left home at 5 am because Google maps said it would take 2 hours and 40 min to get to SSF from Elk Grove during traffic. I was an hour and a half early (I also was thinking it started at 8, not 8:30). The staff seemed really great, they didn't get snotty with anyone, even people who were an hour late. I also love that SSF lists a bunch of support groups in their binder, which Richmond wouldn't do.

Dr Le said they're scheduling surgeries about 6 weeks out. I'm a little nervouse but I'm excited. I can't believe I've already got 2 more appointments scheduled with SSF. I think this means I should go off my bc as soon as I finish this pack. Whoah! That'll be wierd.

Yay! I am so glad you got in! I really like Dr. Le. I have my surgery scheduled on the 29th. I am getting kind of nervous about it, but excited at the same time.

Congrats on the surgery dates Amber & Lemon! I'm so excited for you both. Maybe having different surgery dates is actually better, you can each help the other in recovery.

Nov 29th? I'm so happy for you Stacey!

Yeah November 29th! I can't believe how close it is. I am really glad I got in with Dr. Le. He is really nice and listens to you.

Hello,

I am looking into have the sleeve. I have been lurking around for quite sometime now. I posted to the Richmond Kaiser lapbandtalk forum back in 2008, but stop posting and just reading everyone's post and to see how the band was working for them. I had my orientaion back in November of 08 and psych appt Jan 09, she wanted me to attend the health calss which I did and aslo the stress class. I just reinstated back into the program and have already seen the psych, so they referred me to the nutritionist and she wants me to have two weight checks, one in November and one in December and then call her to go to the review orientation. My last weight check was back in 09 and I was 289 and this November I was 267, but I know I have gained a few pounds since then. Well I see what happens after my December weight check to what's my next step. Would like to get banded before my birthday in July, also my hubby don't want to have the wls, oh well I am doing this for me to make me happy. TTYL

Congrats on the surgery dates Amber & Lemon! I'm so excited for you both. Maybe having different surgery dates is actually better, you can each help the other in recovery.

Thanks! I am not too worried about having the surgery on different dates. It would have been nice though. I am just excited and nervous that it is happening so quickly. I have to make sure that I don't gain any weight which now seems hard because I want my "last meals." But I have allowed myself two semi cheat meals and now am back to being good! I had to stop my birth control, at least I had only taken 2 pills from the pack. I don't want to be on my period during surgery! Eek!!! My mind can't seem to stop thinking about the surgery. I am slowly making my list of what I need to buy for the first couple of weeks after. I need to try to focus on one thing at a time. Thanksgiving, then Black Friday shopping, then Pre-Op appt, then Surgery. I can do this. Even my thoughts are rambled. Sorry. Ah at least it is Friday! Have a good weekend!

Just looking to start a new thread or meet some NEW people that have had Kaiser sleeve surgery or are going to have sleeve surgery soon. I am Chrissy I live In Sacramento. I was JUST sleeved on June 16, 2010! I was sleeved at Kaiser Richmond by Dr. Im. Looking for new people, Fun, Friends, new issues, recipes, suggestions, or just to talk!:)

Where are you coming from? I know I live up about 45 minutes north of San Francisco and so I leave about 1 1/2 hours before an appt just to make sure.

I have a pre op appt with Dr. Le on the 23rd. I'm nervous. He wanted me to lose 10 lbs and I just haven't been able to. Truthfully not eating so great. I have 10 days left, so will knock out some exercise. I've had a bum knee, a horrible cold, and was diagnosed with sleep apnea, so haven't been doing too great. Just so I haven't gained. I don't think I have. My home scale says I haven't. Hopefully I'll find out some news at that appt. I'm really looking forward to getting the surgery and moving on with my life. I want to get rid of this sleep apnea too.

Lose 10 pound in 3 days follow it and you will!

I'm down 2 lbs. I won't be down 10. I just don't see how I'll get down 10 by Wednesday. But I think some loss is better then none. I am back on track and have been working out daily. Out of my funk with the sleep apnea machine and life. I'm really excited about seeing Dr. Le on Wednesday.

for anyone who has had the sleeve down a while ago., can you resume normal activity with working out eventually? If so, how long did it take? I know everyone is different. Just wondering.

Wild Orchids, which one are you in the picture with all the stylists? Looks like a great salon with fabulous services. Lisa