Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Went to my case manager meeting today at Richmond, and got a date! January 3rd! I'm exicted, nervous, and jsut ready to get on with it!

Yay!!! I was wondering what date you would get! My mom is having surgery on the 3rd as well! Mine is Dec 13th!

Hi Cukie,

Did you have trouble swallowing for the first few days? Have you gotten sick to your tummy from drinking at all?

I was told to start as soon as I got home from the hospital. However, I just couldn't I had to really work at just Water. I came home on day 3 and started Protein on day 5. It's now day 7 and I did manage to get in 80 grams today, and all of my fluids.

Hi Cukie,

Did you have trouble swallowing for the first few days? Have you gotten sick to your tummy from drinking at all?

I threw up several times on Day 2, but not since then. Until Day 4 I would have little waves of nausea, but that's all. Now I am doing well. I did have trouble swallowing for about 3 days because my throat hurt from the breathing tube. Now when I drink, it's not bad. If my drink is too big or if I take more than one drink at once, I get a little pinch and then usually burp. That's really all.

On a side note, I was telling my husband last night that I feel calmer now. I don't really know how to describe it. I am usually the family worry wart and I stress about everything all the time. But I have felt so calm and peaceful the last couple of days, I have to wonder if there was a hormone that was being stimulated into over-production before. I am really loving this and cannot wait until I get my stamina back up so it will match how great I really feel.

You just made me a little bit more excited. I kept all my "skinny" clothes....well, if you consider 12s and 14s skinny clothes, and I can't wait to be able to downsize and put them on...lol I have my first appointment with Dr. Alami in two weeks, and hopefully I will have lost another few pounds by then. It would be so nice to have this done in January, but I know that's a reach.

I threw up several times on Day 2, but not since then. Until Day 4 I would have little waves of nausea, but that's all. Now I am doing well. I did have trouble swallowing for about 3 days because my throat hurt from the breathing tube. Now when I drink, it's not bad. If my drink is too big or if I take more than one drink at once, I get a little pinch and then usually burp. That's really all.

On a side note, I was telling my husband last night that I feel calmer now. I don't really know how to describe it. I am usually the family worry wart and I stress about everything all the time. But I have felt so calm and peaceful the last couple of days, I have to wonder if there was a hormone that was being stimulated into over-production before. I am really loving this and cannot wait until I get my stamina back up so it will match how great I really feel.

Congratulations Cukie!

You are doing great and it's just going to keep getting better for you. Now the real weight drop starts.

Did Dr. Le tell you what size bougie they used on you? He told me he uses a 40 and I keep seeing that many doctors are using 32 to 36 making for a smaller sleeve.

You just made me a little bit more excited. I kept all my "skinny" clothes....well, if you consider 12s and 14s skinny clothes, and I can't wait to be able to downsize and put them on...lol I have my first appointment with Dr. Alami in two weeks, and hopefully I will have lost another few pounds by then. It would be so nice to have this done in January, but I know that's a reach.

My first visit with Dr. Le was in August, he gave me a goal weight to get to, I had to come back in Oct, he set the date then and told me to keep working toward my goal or he would cancel. I worked hard at it and got close enough. He gave me my date and had me come in one more time for pre-op classes, meet with him and the anesthesiologist. And it was all done. It feels like it takes forever, but the morning of the surgery, you will be thinking "this is going so fast, what am i doing?" haha

Congratulations Cukie!

You are doing great and it's just going to keep getting better for you. Now the real weight drop starts.

Did Dr. Le tell you what size bougie they used on you? He told me he uses a 40 and I keep seeing that many doctors are using 32 to 36 making for a smaller sleeve.

He told me he used a 40 on me. At first, I was nervous about it being a bigger one, but I think in the long run, I will be happier with it. I don't want one so small that it's a big issue for me constantly. That being said, there's not just a huge difference in them. Have you seen the comparison chart that keeps floating around on the OH board? It helps put the size difference in perspective, I think.

Thanks Cukie. I just checked out the comparison chart that Tiffykins posted a few weeks back and you are right, no huge difference. Wow, my stomach is going to be the size of a marking pen--AMAZING.

Thanks Cukie. I just checked out the comparison chart that Tiffykins posted a few weeks back and you are right, no huge difference. Wow, my stomach is going to be the size of a marking pen--AMAZING.

It's hard to get your mind around. I was just thinking earlier, there's no way they did it. I don't "feel" different, but then I remember if they hadn't done it, I would be famished with what I have had to eat this week. Oh yeah, maybe they did. When people talked about how great they felt, I really didn't get the full scope of it. I feel awesome, I cannot think of when I ever felt this good. Even with being tired. I can't wait until you can see what I mean.

I told my husband, I have to remind myself that I can only do liquids right now, because I feel like I could tolerate anything. But, I know I can't. It's surreal.

Been awaty from computer for a few days. YOu guys are so talkative. Thanks for all the info. I'm so excited. I go see Dr. Le on the 17th. SF David, are you attending pre op on the 28th? I will be there.

Been awaty from computer for a few days. YOu guys are so talkative. Thanks for all the info. I'm so excited. I go see Dr. Le on the 17th. SF David, are you attending pre op on the 28th? I will be there.

Cukie, good to hear you are doing good. We booked a Tahoe trip on the last weekend of January. Think I'll be up for at least the ride by then (with surgery being January 5th)_?

Lisaaaaa, my surgery sista....Yep, I'll be there on the 28th. I go to the support group that precedes the pre op class and it's in the same room. If you're up for it, come sit in on group at 12:30.

OK I have an appt with Dr Rainville at 11:30 - the anesthisaologist. Then there's a support group at 12;30? Cool. Is that in the same room as the orientation?

That would be great if you can make it. Yes, it's at 12:30 in the same room as our pre-op class. It's a great group of pre and post but with the holiday, I'm not sure how big the group will be.