Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Yeah I'm really curious about the new way to do the surgery too. Two incision for sure sounds better than five! I just got my surgery date on Monday, it will be on my birthday November 2nd, I can't wait! I'm at Kaiser Richmond with Dr. Fisher, if someone could fill me in about the two incision thing I would really appreciate it then I can shoot him an email and ask if I can be considered for that.

I'm not liking this new website either!

Thanks, Sara

I had the new procedure from Dr. Alami. I am pleased that I only have two incisions. The main incision is in the belly button. I am still a bit sore. My daughter and friend had the surgery the conventional way with 5 entries. I seem to be recovering faster than they did.

Hope this helps :heart:

hi mommy, i was just sleeved in richmond, ca i loved it, the care i got was great, the nurses were so nice and everything went so smooth. i am only 17 days out from my surgery and i have already lost 16 pounds. things went very fast for me too. i had my orientation in june around the first then i was sleeved sept 22nd. i hope things go as well for you and good luck and congratulations on your weight loss. i had to loose 30 lbs for my pre op. how much do you have to loose.

sacredrose41

I was told that I need to lose 20.7 pounds. As of today (my psych consult) I am only 5lbs away! At this rate, I'm hoping to be at my goal within the next 2 weeks! So far I've had good experiences with everyone at Kaiser, and can't wait to keep going.

My doctor at South san Fran is Dr Le and he told me to lose another 10 lbs. So far I'm down 2. I need to buckle down. I have 8 to go before October 26th.

Just looking to start a new thread or meet some NEW people that have had Kaiser sleeve surgery or are going to have sleeve surgery soon. I am Chrissy I live In Sacramento. I was JUST sleeved on June 16, 2010! I was sleeved at Kaiser Richmond by Dr. Im. Looking for new people, Fun, Friends, new issues, recipes, suggestions, or just to talk!:)

Hi there Chrissy, I used to be a Sacramento guy, but now I'm in Sonoma County. I just completed my orientation at Kaiser South San Francisco and will be going through the hoops. I'm not sure if a December surgery date is realistic, but I'm crossing my fingers. I'm still torn between the sleeve and gastric bypass, so I guess I'll educate myself a bit more and see what the surgeon says!

B)

Hi there Chrissy, I used to be a Sacramento guy, but now I'm in Sonoma County. I just completed my orientation at Kaiser South San Francisco and will be going through the hoops. I'm not sure if a December surgery date is realistic, but I'm crossing my fingers. I'm still torn between the sleeve and gastric bypass, so I guess I'll educate myself a bit more and see what the surgeon says!

B)

Eric, I am going through South San Fran as well. How far along in the process are you? I had my orientation 9/14. I have been through all the steps except pre op orientation. I am meeting with surgeon on the 26th of this month again to set have a check up and then should get a date after that. I have decided on the sleeve. Have you met with the surgeon or gone through any other classes?

:Lisa

Eric, I am going through South San Fran as well. How far along in the process are you? I had my orientation 9/14. I have been through all the steps except pre op orientation. I am meeting with surgeon on the 26th of this month again to set have a check up and then should get a date after that. I have decided on the sleeve. Have you met with the surgeon or gone through any other classes?

:Lisa

Hi Lisa, I had the orientation last week (10/5) and will be taking the nutrition/lifestyle classes next week. I have not met with the surgeon yet, but hopefully that will come soon. With what I've learned so far, I'm leaning towards the sleeve. Do you have a surgery date or will that be settled after your appt on the 26th?

Hi Lisa, I had the orientation last week (10/5) and will be taking the nutrition/lifestyle classes next week. I have not met with the surgeon yet, but hopefully that will come soon. With what I've learned so far, I'm leaning towards the sleeve. Do you have a surgery date or will that be settled after your appt on the 26th?

You will go through the process quick. I will find out about my surgery date after I meet the surgeon again. He wanted me to lose another 10 lbs and I've lost 2. I'm having a hard time so I'm really going to be mindful the next two weeks.

Ash- I can't believe you've hit the 80 lb mark already! You look amazing! Congrats!!! You too Chrissy! You guys are smaller and smaller every time I see you. So inspiring! (I'm on day 8 without sugar! I think I'm back on track.)

Go Heather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can always text me if you need your butt kicked back into gear!

It's great to see so many people posting from the Bay Area. Good luck to all of you who are getting ready for surgery. I had my Sleeve done by Dr. Baggs in Richmond on 2/17/2010. I'm coming up on 8 months. I'm one of those very slow losers. I eat on plan and exercise 90-120 minutes, 7 days a week. We all have to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Keep at it until you get your surgery date. It's going to change your life! :)

I :heart: my Sleeve!

It's great to see so many people posting from the Bay Area. Good luck to all of you who are getting ready for surgery. I had my Sleeve done by Dr. Baggs in Richmond on 2/17/2010. I'm coming up on 8 months. I'm one of those very slow losers. I eat on plan and exercise 90-120 minutes, 7 days a week. We all have to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Keep at it until you get your surgery date. It's going to change your life! :)

I :heart: my Sleeve!

Lee,

You are doing great! I have lost 13 lbs since my orientation on the 27 of Sept. I have an appt with Dr Baggs this Friday the 15 of October. I am really excited to see what he has to say. Wish me luck!

Good Luck Lemon Drop!! I hope you like him as much as I do. I think he's a great doctor. Tell him that I say hello. :)

4lbs away from goal, and I've only lost 1lb in a week. I'm getting so close, and it feels like the last few pounds are taking forever!! I passed my psych screen, have had my meeting with my surgeon, finished my sleep study, so all that's let is losing the weight. I'm hpong that I can work it so that I get a date when my kids are on break from school, that would make everything so much easier. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a sugery date in Richmond once you make goal?

Lindsey

Thanks Ashley! I finally got the nerve to call Richmond to get my referral sent to SSD. They were closed for lunch! So I worked myself up again so I could leave a message. lol. I don't know what I'm so scared of! Still no sugar, but I still want it. I guess that "head hunger" won't ever go away. At least that "resistance muscle" has reappeared!