Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Welcome Lisa Marie...I am just up the road in Santa Rosa :wink0: For Protein Drink I like the 100% whey Protein. There is no "protein" taste

Bodybuilding.com - Optimum 100% Whey Protein - With Faster-Acting HYDROWHEY! On sale now!

Hi there. Dr. Le just told me to lose 10 lbs by Otober 27. he didn't tell me how, although a Protein Shake in the morning would certainly be a great change to the string cheese, yogurt, pb and toas, and fruit t I have every day. Haha. I am not very innovative. I change up the fruits I eat and have egg whites for Protein, but I forgot about the Protein Shakes. Did he schedule your surgery yet? I think I am ready.

You know whats weird.....???? :wink0: At SSF Kaiser I met with Dr Stewart. She was the one who guided me on my journey with the weight I needed to lose, eating habits etc. Once I met goal she had the receptionist call me to set a appt with the surgeon. When the receptionist called I told her what day I was available and she set me up with Dr Alami. I was satisfied with that because I remembered him from orientation. It just seem weird that other patient met with their surgeon right off and the surgeon was the one who set the goal weight.

:scared0:Can someone help me set up my ticker??? I am having a difficult time over here.:wink0: I give up on the ticker thing until i get help

Edited by babysista

Hi there. I think it just varies with each individual. I was a BMI of 40 to begin with, so I don't have much to lose before the surgery and the surgeon just might want to make sure I can. I don't know. I feel ready though. I just want to keep talking about people's experiences with the surgery....good or bad.

I'm excited

Hm as for the ticker thing, I guess you have to cut and paste every time you post? Or perhaps you can put it in your signature. I'll have to check that out.

:scared0:Can someone help me set up my ticker??? I am having a difficult time over here.:w00t: I give up on the ticker thing until i get help

Under quick links, edit your signature, and add your ticker there.

Under quick links, edit your signature, and add your ticker there.

Thanks Mommy..... I think I did it:thumbup:. I just have to figure out how to update my ticker when the time comes:confused1:

Hey Cherice, just wondering how you are doing and how recovery is going - hope you are doing well!!

Hi Shannon...I am doing pretty well. My big struggle has been with stomach acid, but I got my meds changed and today was the first day it felt somewhat "normal." My only other issue has been with one of the incisions. I don't know what I did, but I pulled it a bit and hurts like a SOB every time I move-very annoying. I have tried to take it really easy today and will do the same tomorrow. I go for my 2 week check up on Tuesday so we'll see what the doc says :scared0:

Testing my ticker in my signature

Has anyone passed their first year mark with the sleeve? I am wondering what that will be like. I'm scheduled for Oct. 20. I'm retiring this week so this is a big month for me. :)

Karen

Has anyone passed their first year mark with the sleeve? I am wondering what that will be like. I'm scheduled for Oct. 20. I'm retiring this week so this is a big month for me. :)

Karen

Congrats Karen with your new journey of life. Retirement and the sleeve? U go GIRL!!!!:)

Karen

Congrats Karen with your new journey of life. Retirement and the sleeve? U go GIRL!!!!:)

Hi Shannon...I am doing pretty well. My big struggle has been with stomach acid, but I got my meds changed and today was the first day it felt somewhat "normal." My only other issue has been with one of the incisions. I don't know what I did, but I pulled it a bit and hurts like a SOB every time I move-very annoying. I have tried to take it really easy today and will do the same tomorrow. I go for my 2 week check up on Tuesday so we'll see what the doc says :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, both of those would be quite annoying. I am glad to hear you are doing well otherwise. Keep taking it easy!! :biggrin0: