Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey Sherrijo, sorry to hear you had to get so many pokes. I hope you are at your sweet spot now.

Beth, if you think somethings wrong, get a second oppinion from another doc. Just to put your mind at ease, and mine too! lol

Hi Chris, glad you said hi :). How is school and everything going?

Schools going good so far, I think I'm around a 3.5 or better GPA this semester so that is awesome.

I'm aiming for the big 100 before christmas :)

NSV yesterday, I saw a friend from highscool while walking around campus.

He said I was barely recognizable.

:D I'm new to the site, and I'm happy to find others banded in July! :)

I was banded on July 13th by Dr. Stephen Malley in KC. I was impressed with how well the surgery went. I've also been amazed at how my physical ability has improved since the surgery. Before I was banded, I was using a cane to walk. When I went back to work, 20 lbs lighter (I took a week off) I was able to walk clear accross the building without using the cane (I actually haven't touched the cane since surgery!)

The other day, I was able to take my dog for a mile walk. I was soooo excited! I haven't walked a mile in years. My husband and I are going to do a mile walk on Sunday - it's a 5k fun run/mile walk for supporting our local schools.

Glad to see everyone here:D

Welcome Brandy! Congratulations on your weight loss success! And its fantastic that you are now cane-free. Great going. Im glad you found this site and thread. Us julysters are really enjoying the fact that we are all on the same path at the same time. The more the merrier, we can all Rock! together :).

Hi Brandy,

Congrats on your NSV. All of us July'ers stick together. So keep in touch.

Way to go Chris. I'm so proud for you. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be back in College and young again. Oh, shut up Sherri, your old and don't you forget it. Yeah, I've got that little person on my shoulder that reminds me I'm prehistoric. LOL

What's up Beth and Karik? How are you girls doing today? Great I hope.

I have a little NSV myself. I was in 22's, no way I could wear a 20 blue jean in July. In fact, I wore 22's blue jean shorts to Mexico for surgery. Yesterday I bought my first pair of 18's. Yes, girls you heard me right, oh fatty got her big ole butt in a pair of 18's with room to spare.

Have a great one everyone,

Yayyy Sherrijo! Im in 18's right now too. They are bit droopy in the derierre area lol. I hold more weight in my middle though so for waist size they fit alright. I can't wait for sweet 16! lol I should throw myself a little party when I get there.

Im on liquids for 2-3 days right now due to my fill yesterday. I can't tell any differance on how it feels to drink my Atkins shakes. The real test will come when I have my first 'food'. Can't wait to see how it goes. I'll let you all know.

Hey me too.

My middle area was the biggest. You want to know a weird thing. I never ever had a belly. I mean I was tiny. Usually 23 in. or so before I gained weight. And where did I gain it, in the belly.

We'll have to throw ourselves a internet party. Wouldn't that be wild. Don't ask me how, LOL.

I'm on mushies today but I'm sticking to liquids as I'm chicken............

Good luck and I hope you loose, loose, loose. You several pounds smaller than me but I don't want you to wait for me. You get there first and tell me what it's like.

Have a good one.

Oh to be in 18's!!! Well done girls, I have a long way to catch you but I will...

I had my first fill today in fact 4hrs ago, it went great no problem at all, he did it with x ray and a barium drink, only thing is I had to drink 2 cupfulls and now am suffering having to go to the toilet a lot!! anyone else have this happen to them? I don't want to eat at all, not hungry but I have TOM as well so don't know whether I have pain from fill or cramp (hopefully cramp!!)

Brandy W

OMG 63 pounds lost since July 13. Good for you! :clap2:Am I ever jealous! :omg: Dr. Malley did my surgery also. I was banded 6 days before you and have only lost 30 pounds. But you have done sooooo well. My hat’s off to you (or it would be, if I wore a hat). :confused:

How is the exercising going all? I walked two miles yesterday with DH. We walked down by the river, it was a beautiful day, about 80 and we celebrated our 19th anniversary!

I need to go walking tonight. It is still warm out today so I think I'll take my puppy and walk for a while.

Work has been keeping me incredibly busy. I worked 14 hours on Tuesday because of open house. Still, I am behind in all my grading. It seems to never end.

I've read a great book called "Good in Bed" by Jennifer Weiner. Excellent story about a larger lady dealing with her issues about being big (she is a size 16 which isn't allthat big, but whatever). I highly recommend it. Our book club read it this month. "Marley and Me" is another great book for animal lovers. And, I love anything by Janet Evanovich. Funny, sexy, and interesting.

Welcome to the newcomers!

I've scheduled a fill. Stopped losing any weight and back up to 173 this morning. The Panda Express Experiment was a terrible failure. AVOID PANDA EXPRESS! Tastes great, but not worth the weight!

It's almost October! Almost 3 months out for some of us. I'm a middle of the month baby bandster so I' currently at 2 1/2 months.

Have a nice evening:nervous

Yes the first time I had to drink alot of Barium I spent the rest of the day in the bathroom. I think that is normal.

I joined the YMCA today. I learned how to use some of the machines and tried them out. I don't know if that counts as exercise or not but I sure was winded. I plan on doing the Water aerobics though. I think it will be better on my knees.

I am going to watch the new show Ugly Betty now. Be back later.

congrats on the nsv's! i can't wait to get in 22's ! but i'll get there..we'll all get there!

i got my first fill yesterday! 2cc's, so i'm back on liq for 3-4 days, then muchies for 3-4 days then back to regular food so pizza it IS! woohoo! i am soo ecited as that is the only thing i have been craving.

i lost 8 lbs since mylast appt. i'm trying to get back into the exercize routine so i went today for about an hour. i need to work back up to my longer cardio but its been about a week.

what do you guys do with your clothes that don't fit? good will? ebay? i have about 2 bags worth and don't know what to do.

dez

Well guys I have had a good day. I got an email today and it said that my band Bracelet is in the mail. Yeah I am so excited. I didn't think that he was going to send it to me because I hadn't heard from him yet. But it is in the mail. Yeah:clap2:

I am off to bed. I had a long day and I have a feeling that I might be sore tomorrow after working on the machines at the Y. HAs any of you had problems when working on your ads with your port? I just did a little and my port hurt for awhile afterwards. It doesn't hurt anymore but I was wondering if I could do damage to it my working my abs.

Nighty night all. Hugs