Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I went to my first Tai Chi class on Monday night and will go again tomorrow (oops...guess this morning...better get to bed..lol). I did well and think it will help me out!! I am going to go 2x a week and then move it up to 3x. Just thought I would check in. By the way, I tell lots of people about my band!! I'm proud of it and don't give a rip what they think. I will say that I've had about 99% support and positive feedback. If I don't think someone will be supportive (and I do know some that wouldn't be), I don't tell them. I feel like I've educated a lot of people in the past couple months. I also have so many that have family members that are considering it, etc. I always tell them that I am open to them calling me and asking questions, etc. But, again, this is an individual thing and we must all make choices that will help us be successful and if that means not telling anyone, than so be it.

How's everyone else doing this week with exercise. Oh, Sherrijo, I think you got PLENTY of exercise in with all those chores. Made me tired reading it...lol!!!

hi all! well, i had my first case of sliming and boy did it SUCK! my dh and i went to a local fair and i had a few fries, no prob, then i need some Protein and got some steak tips, cut them up, chewed well (or so i thought) and while trying to watch chubby checker, almost DIED. i threw up in the parking lot 3 times then felt better. this will REALLY jump start me again cuz i am afraid to eat. its hard cuz noone knows what its like til it happens so little sympathy from my hubby. i will hope it NEVER happens again. the prob is we are going to an amusement park, busch gardens, willliamsburg, this weekend and i am not sure what to eat as we'll be ther e all day.

another ? has anyone been on rides since sx? i have been afraid to go on since gaining so much wt. with my luck i would be the fat chick on the news whose belt broke and fell to her death. if you have gone on, did it go well?

Dezadoo: I have been on rides at Six Flags and Disney World. I know that I was at least 230-250 at the time. I will say that the batman ride at Six Flags was a bit tight and when the overhead harness bar came on and the buckle came up between my legs to meet it, the guy had to kind of push it in. (I actually told him to do this...as there was no way I was getting off that ride). It went fine and I had a blast. Disney rides accommodate larger people much better than Six Flags, but I was able to go on rides at both places.

I sympathize with the sliming incident. I have had a few and I hate it!! With me, it's when I've been too hungry and I eat too fast. This has happened with fast food, too. Now, today, I was able to eat part of a chickfilet grilled chicken sandwich. I ate most of the meat and probably 1/2 the bun. I was starting to feel it though. I'm sure that after my fill on Sat. the bread part will change.

By the way, My doctor WILL be there when I go to Mexico this weekend. YAYYYY!!!! I wanted to see Dr. Rod!!

I worked out today at the Tai Chi again. I feel good, even after only getting about 5 hours of sleep!!

Hey guys my fill went alot better than I thought it would. He only stuck me once and it didn't hurt that bad. He told me that my band held 4cc and he put in .5 cc today. I now have a total of 3 cc. He also told me that people lose weight differently and it is alright if one side of my body loses more. He didn't know anything about the smell in my nose. I guess that one is a mystery. I am on liquids today and I am doing okay. I have felt a little more resistance today but not much. I know that it takes a couple of days before it really tightens up. I hope so.

Chris, I thought you were going to post a picture of yourself??? Who was that guy in the post??? JKKKK lol. YOu look great. Way to go! Its so cute you look like such a college studen sitting on a futon like that. Hang on to those pictures, someday you'll have a wife like stephanie who will scrap book your college days for you. I wish I had a wife like stephanie to scrap book stuff for me!! lol (Stephanie can you come live with me for awhile and make my pictures nice???) Ohh back to you chris, you should smile more! You definitely have something to be so happy and proud about.

Well friends I have to report I've lost another pound :clap2: , I updated my ticker just cuz I was so happy about it hehe. Halloween one even. My toe is feeling better today so I plan to do treadmil 2x a day, 30 min. sessions, and see where that takes me.

Hope everyone gets a chance to post soon. This is my fav. thread, you all are so important to me, I cant believe how much I think about all of you. Have a great day everyone!!

Kari, you totally crack me up!! I can't believe my rep on here and you haven't even seen my work! I'm taking orders at work for these accordian frames I make out of coasters. Seems people want them for Christmas gifts. Go figure :)

Congrats on the lb!! Every pound should be celebrated :)

And Chris, I'd be happy to scrapbook your progress :)

I had a little bout of depression yesterday - I had bought a couple of pairs of "real" pants a couple weeks ago. Well, two of them fit great as long as I'm standing and are actually big, but when I sit, they get very tight around the knees (which doesn't feel good on them). So I determined that the other two pair are too big and brought them back. They are the same brand and size, but nonetheless, too big. I went to go try on pants and pick something else out and got very depressed. My thighs and butt are smaller than my stomach, so I fit in a 24, but the 26 fit my stomach. This creates major bagginess around my butt and top of my thighs. Now I know most of us have an apron that is growing by the week. I just really discovered how much it is still there, even though I've lost 61 lbs and got a bit down. I talked to a friend and now I'm better. I have just reserved myself to wearing my regular pants, as baggy as they are, until my stomach goes down some more.

Has anyone else had this frustrating experience?

Hey Stephanie, I so know what you are talking about. When I get to about 170, I can buy any kind of jeans anywhere. But when Im over that.. forget about it. I can only wear jeans I order online from Old Navy and GAP. I find that the ones with just a hint of strech in them help because then they suck in on my smaller areas.. the derriere, and legs... and stretch a bit around my belly. It seems like clothing stores only cater to hourglass figures. I mean there are plus-size stores but they do that same thing.. IMHO. Someone should start a store/clothing line that caters to differant body shapes and sizes!!

Anyways keep your chin up girl. I don't know what your magic number will be when your body fits into the clothes off any rack, but it'll come.

Hi guys! It's been a bit since I posted. What is the Bracelet in the mail you guys have been talking about?

I've been doing better since I got unfilled after my 2nd fill, but I feel hungry all the time, even after I've eaten and am full, it seems like my stomach below the band is growling for more. Has anybody else experienced this?

I can sympathize on the pants thing. I went to Fashion Bug and bought a size 32 jeans to motivate myself to get into them. I was excited to find out I can get them over my hips!!! Size 32 is my first goal, as I can buy that size off the rack, and won't have to order clothes from catalogs. Now I just need to lose to get them fastened. I was a size 40 when I was banded. I bought jeans from Sillouhettes that have drawstring waists knowing I was going to get the surgery, so I'd have pants that could stay with me for a while as I lost weight.

I was also way excited to get a 2X t-shirt on (VERY tight, wouldn't wear in public, but it was ON :biggrin1: ) I was wearing 6X shirts before my surgery, and have moved down to 5X, thinking of trying a 4X soon.

My next goal is getting to size 26, which is what I was in high school, and when I'm there, I know I'll be able to go to Worlds of Fun and ride the roller coasters (amusement park in Kansas City). I am soooo looking forward to that! I haven't done that since 1989.

Sunday I participated in a mile fun walk. I was soo happy I made it the mile. It's been a long time since I've done that. I'm also going to be starting Water aerobics classes again (I had to stop last year because of pulmonary hypertension that seems to have gone away after getting on a bi-pap machine when I sleep).

I know I'm rambling this morning.... I'll get off now :)

Hey ya'll,

well just got back from the dr's office and had my second fill. i had slim fast for Breakfast and by the time i got home for lunch i was very hungry. i was able to eat a bowl of instant potatoes. i don't think i have a lot of restriction now, either..:phanvan

Does anyone have a good website that i could journal my calories for the day?

Hope everyone else is having a great week, its almost FRIDAY!!

:clap2: Lisa

I'm so looking forward to getting out and skiing again, I haven't been able to the last couple of years because it always killed my legs.

Hey guys I am not doing so good today. My band must be really tight. I can't seem to eat very much. I took one of my pills this morning and it didn't go down to good. I was in pain for what seemed like an hour. It felt like it was going to come back up. I don't know what ya'll call it but it was bad. I feel asleep and when I woke I started the diarrhea. I know it is from the Barium that I had to drink yesterday plus just eating sugar free stuff today. I just ate a banana so I hope it feels me up and stays down. I am really not feeling very good right now so I will talk to you all later. Hugs

Hey ya'll,

well just got back from the dr's office and had my second fill. i had slim fast for breakfast and by the time i got home for lunch i was very hungry. i was able to eat a bowl of instant potatoes. i don't think i have a lot of restriction now, either..:phanvan

Does anyone have a good website that i could journal my calories for the day?

Hope everyone else is having a great week, its almost FRIDAY!!

:clap2: Lisa

I really like www.fitday.com you can track your calories, look up how many calories are in a lot of differant foods, and keep track of your exercise and weight loss. There are graphs and charts too. Sometimes a picture of your progress is nice.

Thanks for the uplifting words, Kari! I use FitDay.com as well. It's a great resource.

Beth - sorry to hear you're having a bad day. I crush all my meds and put them in liquid Tylenol and then they go down well. Maybe you should try something like that.

Brandy - keep up the good work! Any movement to a new size is exciting ;)

It's very late - so I'm off to bed. Just wanted to check in and say hello.

Mary!!! I just wanted to say good luck on your fill tomorrow!! I hope you get lots of time with your doctor too! Boy oh boy I'll be thinking about you. I hope you get to eat some yummy Mexican food before your fill lol. OMG last night I had a taco salad... didn't go down very well yikes!! Make sure to post when you get back.