Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

hi all!

sherry i agree with mary stop drinking with meals. my doc says no liq 1/2 hour before or after, esp after meals.

beth - i am pb'ing more after my fill 2 wks ago too. i can't seem to figure out why, eating too fast too big of bites?!?! my hubby and i stopped at subway on sun and after 1 or 2 bites i ended up in the bathroom pb'ing. yuck! i also have a lot of tightness and stop eating mostly at lunchtime.

how is your son, mary? still good?

well, i have a nsv...i bought my first pair of size 22 jeans in at leat 10 years! i am down 3 sizes! woohoo!

hugs to all - dez

Yeah Dez on the NSV!! Congrats to you :)

I had another 1.5cc's on Friday so now I'm at 7cc's. I am feeling the restriction now. I tried to eat a chicken breast last night and it didn't feel very good...No PBing, but very uncomfortable.

I'm also enjoying "shopping" in my closet and in my "some day" bins of clothes. Every day I can wear something new! My pocket book is definitely thanking me!

Sherri - please don't hesitate to share your personal life - we're all here for you and care very much about you...if you don't want to post what's going on in the thread, at least PM someone...

Beth - I agree with Mary...although you may hate to hear "I told you so", it's better than suffering and maybe causing irreparable damage. Please call them.

Long day again for me - went to the orthopedic doc and got my cortisone shots in my knees. I'll be good for about a month or so again and then I'll bite the bullet for another month. He is giving it to me every two months to get me through the school year and then hopefully I can have knee replacement in June after I'm done working for the summer. I have hot flashes the first night after the shots, so I'll be sleeping with the covers half off tonight! I'll feel like dancing in the morning, though!

Thanks everyone for you concern. I did good tonight at dinner. Everything went down just fine. I had a good day. I think the two days I had the problem was that I drank Water too soon before eating. I was carefull tonight and everything was fine. I hope that is the only problem that I have because I know how to fix it.

Mary I am glad to hear that your son is better.

I hope all of you have a great day tomorrow and a good night's sleep.< /p>

I must have posted that wrong, I don't drink with my meals, my surgeon just told me to try it and if I could that I wasn't tight enough. I never drink after 30 min. before my meal and I usually wait 1 hour till after. I just called him and then I told him yes I could drink. Only time I would drink if is something is spicy and I'll take a sip.

I think I'll give it 2 more weeks. I've only lost 5 pounds since last fill and it's been 3 weeks since almost 4 I believe.

Hope everyone is having a great night. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Hey Sherri..

I think you should wait on the fill.. I think you should cut out the white flour carbs and concentrate on Protein first, veggies and salad.. if you are going to have rice, just a tablespoon.. seriously.. I got stuck and when I evaluated what I was doing, too many bad carbs.. I cut out bread all together.. only have the occasional wheat Pasta, or tortilla wrap.. mostly protein protein protein!

Good Luck!!

Donnamarie :)

Hey everyone...

remember that pain in my lower right side? I went to the doc today and they took Xrays... I may have a stress fracture in my hip, or pulled muscles in my hip/back. I've been doing too much and its been hard living on this 4th floor walk-up. If the xrays are right, then I'll be on a cane or crutches for a while. It's pretty painful, but hopefully it will go away soon, I have YET to begin exercising since surgery. I guess it will be Water aerobics first when I can (in 3 weeks or so). So much for my dance class at school. I am just SO frustrated because I can't move past 238 right now, and I just want to get down to 200 by Christmas. I'm not restricted at ALL- I'm eating almost normal portions, and I can even exercise to get it off. I can't get a fill until the day before thanksgiving because of being in NYC at school, so I'm just gonna have to deal with this, and I know my doc will not be happy because I am sure I won't lose much between then and now (unless I only eat salads and I am seriously considering it). grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ok sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out!

Chris,

Your just making all of us girls look badddddddddddddd. No, I'm kidding, your doing wonderful. I'm so so proud of you.

Hi Leona, I've been worried about you. So sorry to hear your bad news. I know it must be rough with all you have on your plate. Maybe you'll do better than you think between now and Christmas. I'll be thinking about you.

Way to go Chris!!! You're rockin' this band!!

Leona, take care of yourself! Sounds so painful...

Beth - glad to hear you had a better night eating...

DonnaMarie - I totally agree with you...I stay away from big carbs like bread, rice, Pasta, and cakes, etc. at all costs...My head feels like it's sabatage...Protein, Protein, protein!!!

I have to work at school conferences at the Middle School until 8pm tonight, and then everyone is going out for pizza and beer...I'll be having ice Water and going for the visiting...pizza gives me massive heartburn and I don't want to go there! Maybe they will have a salad I could order...we'll see...

Have a great day everyone!

Having a pretty good day today.. work is going well and I paid off all my debt!!!!!! woo hoo!! Only debt I have is the usual.. house, car.. I destroyed all my credit cards but 1 and my fiance put it in the safe. I told him not to tell me the combination. It is only for emergencies.

I am going to sleep well tonight! I feel so good!

As far as eating, I did pretty well today.. I had an egg white omelete w/mushrooms and bacon bits.. it was pretty good.. I had some cheese for a snack and didnt feel like lunch.. lol soo for dinner I made a killer salad with lettuce, Tomato, cucumber, green pepper, bacon bits, low fat croutons, and low fat chicken... mmmm fat free ranch dressing.. I will probably eat that at 630ish.. If I made anyone hungry, SORRY!! :biggrin1:

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Luv,

Donnamarie

Ohhh DonnaMarie, Im so happy someone is eating well lol. I really screwed up last night and even today. I ate a peice of thick crust pizza. No problem whatsoever. Can anyone say fill? lol. Ok this is so bad but...oh gosh should I admit this lol....ugh ok here goes...Im thinking about not getting a fill until after Thanksgiving lol. Im going to make myself diet until then but then on the holiday im going to eat what I want. Is that just so bad of me? I feel like a bandster bad girl lol. Im debating it lol. I have a fill appointment on Nov.1 or 2, can't remember the exact date...hmm I'll have to think about it some more.

Well, "bandster bad girl" (lol), you want to pig out on Thanksgiving? I can't believe it. I'm sure none of us have "wished" for the chance to get more through this band...lol...I will probably need another fill myself, but I was thinking about my cruise at the end of November and all those midnight buffets, etc. So, I guess maybe I might be a "bandster bad girl", too!! Really, Kari, you have to decide if you can wait that long and if you don't mind your weightloss being stalled if you can't control the eating. I know that I was going crazy for those last couple weeks before my first fill. I am doing okay now, although my head wants chocolate and sweets. UGH!! I went to the bandster dinner in Arlington (Beth, you should come some time) and although it was a small crowd tonight, we had 2 pre-banded people. It was good talking with them and also being excited with them for their banding.

Guess I better hit the hay. It's late and I have Tai Chi tomorrow!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey Karik, I totally understand your decision to wait for a fill til after tday, but I had to make the appt for my 2nd fill for the day before tday because thats the only day I have off from school until Christmas... grrr liquids for t-day. So I guess I won't be eating then lol. At least I'll be forced to behave lol.

BTW, my no results for my hip yet, but I will say that walking funny is making my left knee hurt now too! boo hoo! I hate being crippled!!!

Well GOODNIGHT.... Its REALLY late!

LOL Leona 3:34 am is really early to me!!! Hehe. Hey I hope your hip feels better soon. Careful with your knee, you can seriously damage it. You might want to get a knee support thingy.

Mary, Im glad Im not the only one debating the Holiday/Vacation issues. Do you know I've read some threads where people actually ask their surgeons to loosen their bands for holidays/vacations? I wouldnt ever go that far... but I still haven't made up my mind wether I'll wait to get a fill or not.

Hope everyone else is doing good! With the upcoming holidays Halloween, Tday, Xmas, New years we are going to need each others support 4 sure! Well hope I didn't just send anyone into a panic attack lol.. I start to feel overwhelmed this time of year because they all come so fast. Pluse I have a bunch of birthday celebrations and ornement exchanges that I do this time of year as well. Ugh hectic... why do I look forward to the Holidays again? LOLLLL.

Hi all,

I guess I haven't posted in a while, at least the computer said so. I have been doing pretty well. Friday was bad, we have Breakfast every Friday morning and I have been avoiding it. Well, this week I decided to go. Big mistake. I was PBing for about half an hour. even had to run (really just a really fast walk) out of the classroom to the restroom. It was just scrambled eggs, but it did not work. I have to stick to my morning coffee. I am down again, have to update my ticker. I hit 168.0 this morning! Yeah, I have been stuck in the 170s for weeks. I am now my lowest in 10 Years!

Oh, and last week I HAD to go buy size 12 dress pants for work cause the 14s were falling off. Now, mind you, the 12s are a little tight, but as I told my DH, no tighter than my 16s were before wls.

I have been exercising about 4 times a week. This week, my plan is to add a morning swim at least 3 times a week and still do the afterschool workouts. Wish me luck. I am not a mornin person and I'll ;have to get up at 5:15 to do it!