Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

hey everyone!

I went to my doc in Maryland yesterday (from NYC...yes it was tiring lol), and he said I didn't need a fill... that I was losing enough as it was, and just needed to exercise. At first he was kind of mad because I haven't been really exercising, but I reminded him about my stomach pains. He said the pains are not band related, most likely they are GYN (like everyone has said). I wish I would have gotten a fill, but since Aug 14th I've lost 15 pounds- 7 weeks and so an average of a bit more than 2 pounds a week. so No fill... he said STRENOUS aerobics 3xs a week doing the class until I feel like I am gonna die (I thought that was funny) I've always been in pretty good shape so I am looking forward to exercising again. My dance class at school is not that strenous, we warm up and stretch for about 45 min, then we are learning how to waltz and partner dance... for about 45 min, then a cool down. But it's only once a week.

Well I need to go... I have work training tomorrow morning! I am being trained to teach children how to read! I can't wait to do that... it should be so much fun! :)

I hope I get al the names right.

Congrats to Mary and Beth for there exercise. I haven't started any classes yet. So good job on the exercising. You should be proud of yourself.

Leona I hope you get your stomach looked at. You don't want it to get any worse.

Beth sorry about the bad day. Taking pills are hard for me too especially after fills. The first time I took pills after my last fill it hard soooooo bad. It only happended once so hopefully you won't have to go thru that again.

Oh and the pants thing. I don't even bother. I had trouble finding jeans before the operation. I swear I need 3 different sizes sewn together just to get the right fit.

Hello all,

Life has been crazy busy for me lately. Went to the mountains last weekend to Celebrate the 19th wedding aniversary. It was great fun. We went hiking and soaked in the hot tub. A family of 5 elk walked right next to our cabin!

this week was really busy at work. I do great with eating all day, then night comes and I eat too much. DH and I went 3 days to the club and worked out walking and lifting weights.

I have a fill scheduled for 12:30, but the strangest thing happened yesterday. This has NEVER happened before. When I ate lunch, everything was fine, but about 15 minutes later I noticed that it felt like food was in the back of my throat! I drank a little Water but the feeling didn't go away. I lasted for about 5 hours!

Like I said, I can usually eat anything. I've been wide open until yesterday. I have even put ON a little weight in the last couple weeks. I was 174 this morning. So I don't know why that happened but I'm going to talk the the doctor about it. I really think I need a fill, but yesterday was strange.

On another note, my eyesight is getting better after the lasik surgery. I went for a check up on that and I am now seeing 20/20 with both eyes. YES!

Keep up the exercise, it looks like everyone is doing great. Water exercise is exhausting. You can count it as 2 as long as you don't skip a class! I think housework and yard work qualify as exercise.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi everyone! I had a great week - lost 6 lbs! I haven't done that since the beginning! I'd say this fill is working! I thought I'd post some pictures since I'm starting to see it now:

post-208839-13813134473713_thumb.jpg post-204862-1381313447393_thumb.jpg

Before: July 12, 2006 (254 lbs) So Far: October 6, 2006 (211 lbs, -43 lbs)

post-204862-13813134474112_thumb.jpg post-207279-13813134474398_thumb.jpg

Desiree

post-207518-13813134183349_thumb.jpg

post-207518-13813134183552_thumb.jpg

post-207518-13813134183737_thumb.jpg

post-207518-13813134183923_thumb.jpg

Holy smokes Desiree! You are shrinking!!! Look at how your shirt sleeves are so big on your arms now compared to before! lol I always notice arms, my arms tend to be really heavy. Your neck has even lost weight, look how much longer your necklace appears to be. Your face looks so pretty!! Love the bangs! WTG!!!

Ps. I just have to add, this whole time Ive been thinking you were a redhead lol because of your avatar!!! funny. nice to finally put a face to a name. :clap2:

Wow Desiree wow you look great!!

Well guys I did good yesterday but today I have had problems again with taking my pill. I halved it but it still went down wrong. I am going to cut it into fourths first before I crush it. I have been in bed most of the day except when I was working on my new puzzle. It is round and pretty hard. Anyway I will be extra careful with what I eat because I am real tight. I guess that is what I wanted but I guess I wasn't prepared. I have to go right now but I will be back. See ya.

Go Desiree! Go! GREAT JOB! You can really tell the difference. :)

I bet you are so motivated to keep going. :clap2:

Beth, sorry to here you are having problems with you pills still. I know it is a terrible feeling. I know crushing the pill is a last resort because some pills taste soooo nasty. Hopefully cutting it in fours will help them go down easier.:biggrin1:

I think after I get a fill it jump starts my weight loss because I can't eat for 2 days after. I joined a gym last month but haven't had time to go. Me and DH are going to go together for the first time today. Let's see how it goes.

I would like to try Water aerobics one day but i'd have to find a bathing suit i'm willing to get into. Today I plan just a little tredmill and maybe bike. Don't think I'm going to try any weight lifting just yet.

I still need to be able to walk tomorrow at work. :lol:

Desiree- WOW! You are doing great! You're getting some nice curves goin' girl!

Chris- you are really looking good too. You go!

I got my fill yesturday. 1.0 so now I'm at 2.6. Still on liquids. It is getting close to TOM so she filled me a little tight to compensate for it. Dr. said I might have to spend a little extra time on liquids to make sure that it is still nice and snug after the bloat is gone. We shall see. I certaining hope so.

DH got an additional fill also. He is now up to 9.9 in a VG band. Crazy. But the dr. said it can actually hold between 11 and 12 cc and this should make him nice and tight.

I hope everyone is having a nice restful weekend.

Hi everyone,

I've been sick with something the past 3 days so I haven't even turned my lap top on. I have been able to eat anything while sick,and yes a damned recess. I wished they ban those things. I've been very tight and the min. I got sick, bam, she's been wide open. My yearly family reunion that we have once a year is today and I'm never missed a year in 13 years, I didn't go, because I was so pissed at myself. I won't even weigh. I bet I've gained 10 pounds and TOM is 2 days away. I'm just ready to die and say forget it. Why can some people really loose great and let something stupid like damn recess, do this to them and oh, a piece of pumkin pie, let's don't forget that, I made 3 of those for the reunion now I'm going to throw them out the back door. Sorry to be so nasty but I worked so hard on these 50 pounds and now I'm such a loser, no pun at all intended. What a loser.

Hope everyone is having a better weekend than me. Hi beth, Leona, decked out, Jessicaand My God Desiree you look fabulous at least you've got your act together.

Don't be mad at me for being so blahhhh today, I just can't stand this. I don't know what to do. If I knew how to strangle myself I would but I'm not that flexible.

Love you all,

The BIG failure,

Hey friends,

Ok so remember how I freaked out about headaches? And right away I start thinking its a brain tumor.. well the person in my life who has one is my husband, he's 32. We found out in January, its been quite a struggle in our lives. He was initially diagnosed with one kind of tumor, but now that diagnosis has been changed to a differant type of tumor. Luckily they haven't diagnosed it as cancer thank goodness. Anyways his hormones have been really messed up for a long time. He started hormone replacement therapy about a week ago, previously he was on a medication that stopped his hormones. Anyways, I just have to say its going really well, he's feeling more and more like his old self. ... Well actually he's feeling more and more like his young self.. i'd say like he's in his early 20's again lol. I don't have to worry about getting my exercise in LOL. omg he's friskyyyy. This has been a long time coming and I am enjoying it! lol I just had to share with you all, as Id never tell the ppl in my everyday life.

Desiree: You look MAHHHVELES!!! What an inspiration to keep me away from JUNKFOOD!!!

SherriJo: HUGS from me to you! That TOM is causing you to be down on yourself and to gain some weight. This will pass and things will be better!! We are all rooting for you and ready to lift you up...cuz we July bandsters are here for each other!

Paulax: Way to go...another 2 lbs. bites the dust...

Leona: Keep up the losing girl... a littl more than2 lbs a week is awesome!

Jane: Glad to hear about your eyesight and your fun weekend with hubby (Happy belated Anniversary). I'm wondering if the small gain is due to all the exercise you are getting.

Jessica: I, too, understand about the size deal. My waist is much smaller than my hips/rear, so I'm in the same boat.

Beth: Hope you can figure out how to get those pills down. Things getting stuck is no fun at all!! I did hear that pineapple juice is good for "stuck stuff". The dfw bandster people carry a can in their car with them, along with a bag (in case of pb).

Kari: I am CELEBRATING with you!! I am so glad your hubby is feeling more like himself. Boy, ya'll be burning off those calories...hee hee!!

Well, I am in San Antonio right now!! We went to the Alamo today and did some other sightseeing. Yesterday I had my first fill and had it with Dr. Rod, my surgeon. We traveled down to Acuna, Mexico yesterday morning and there were 3 gals ahead of me. I've seen posts by one of them on Dr. Rod's yahoo group. Good to meet her in person. Anyway, the fill went fine with Dr. Rod using the xray machine to show me my port/band. He numbed the skin and then put in the needle into my port. Had me drink the barium drink as he filled me...had to put some in, have me drink, put more in, back some out, and did this a few times until we could see it going through the band. I have .8 cc in my band now. He keeps us on liquids for 3 days, then liquid am, mushies the rest of day, then 5th day liquid, mushy and regular solids. So, my family got to eat yummy mexican food and I had garlic Soup, which was delicious, but I would have rather had a plate of other stuff. We did some shopping and had a good time. Oh, Dr. Rod just had me stand up for the fill. So, hopefully, this will jumpstart my weightloss again as I've been going back and forth (of course, eating chocolate, ice cream and other goodies certainly didn't help matters....lol) Okay, gotta go join the family now for some fun!!

mysherrijo: aww I'm so sorry you're feeling sick... I've just gotten sick too- it stinks! I'm sure your family understands that you are sick, and you shouldn't be around them anyway because you care enough about them to keep them from getting sick too. Sometimes our bodies really just need a break, and this is your bodies' way of saying it. So take a break. and Everyone loses at different paces. For some, its easy, for others it's really hard. Just keep telling yourself that you didnt get that way overnight and its not coming off overnight. Sometimes I wish I had GB, so I'd be losing quicker, but this way is so much healthier. Just think, the slower you lose, the less PS you'll have to go through.

I know you're going through a rough time, but you'll get through it. Just hang in there!

Karik- Congrats on finding the best way to exercise again... wink wink lol

Mary- Sounds like you had fun getting a fill! I'm glad it wasn't a horrible experience. I was really hoping to get a second fill last thursday, but its not quite time yet. I'm scheduled for the day before thanksgiving, so it looks like I'll be eating my T-day dinner a day early haha.

Looks like everyone is doing pretty good... keep it up! After I start feeling better from my cold, I am joining a gym, I have 4 to chose from! ahh! :girl_hug:

Hey guys. I finally had a good day. I had to break my pill into fourths but it went down with now problems. We got to go to church and that was good. We ate Mexican afterward and I can still put away alot if I really want to. But tonight for dinner it was tight again. I don't go out much so I hope I won't eat that much anymore. Well until next Sunday. I hope that you all have had a great weekend. Mine hasn't been the best but today it was good. It seems like football has been on all day. I am not a big fan but I watch the Cowboys to please hubby. I am a baseball fan. Hubby puts up with me watching all the baseball games so I guess I can watch a football game once a week. Well I am going to bed so I want to wish you all a great week. NIghty Night HUgs