Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Way to go Mary, don't those compliments make you feel great. I know my family was getting so tired of seeing me fat and I didn't even really in my heart realize how fat I was until now. Sad, I know. You go girl, if you get bored we'll run to Walmart together and just shop til we drop.

Sherri - way to go with the NSV!! What a wonderful feeling :girl_hug:

Mary - each pound should be celebrated! Way to go!

Born2Lose - you look rockin'! Congrats on your great accomplishment!

I had a great day yesterday. I wore a sweater from my "someday bin" yesterday - kind of dressed up - and I got so many compliments! It's amazing that when you feel better, you look better, and you walk different, and carry yourself differently. I've had nothing but support from everyone and that means so much.

Off to work - Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Have a great day Stefanie! Congratulations on the sweater, you must have really looked pretty to get all those compliments! Yayyyyy!!!! :girl_hug:

Thanks ladies! I am having a bad day today (and it is only 7:30am!!) and I really needed that. I don't know about anyone else, but does losing weight like this make people moody and depressed or what? I feel like my mental state is really in the toilet.

Ya I think losing weight does affect your mood. Especially when you are losing fast, and especially if you are a woman because our fat stores Estrogen.. and increased estrogen means increased emotions! LOL I know all about wacked out hormones, I just had a baby 6 months ago. And just when I was getting back to normal I had to stop breast-feeding, so then there was another wave of hormone changes lol. Hope you feel better soon B2L! Just remember to drink WATER! It helps flush excess hormones out. There are lots of theories about Water, that say that it affects mood, especially if you're dehydrated.

I'd have to agree with the moodiness. It's better now, but boy, there have been days that I didn't want to hang around with myself...let alone my poor family having to suffer around me...lol!!

Kari: I noticed you are at 200!! OH MY!! You are almost in onederland (isn't that what they call it when you get under 200?) I'm so jealous...I still have around 30 lbs. to go!!

Stephanie: I was able to wear a pair of pants that have been in my closet for at least 6 years...they are jeans...so still in style. Congrats on wearing your sweater from your "someday bin" It feels so good!!

:) Thanks for noticing Mary!:becky:

:Banane34:Cheers to you on getting into those jeans!! :cool: Thumbs Up!

Hey guys,

I've had great fun this week, I've tried on all my clothes and boxed all the ones that are too big, I don't have much left in my wardrobe now!! I even got out all my 'too small' clothes and some of them had to go in the box, I'm trying not to buy anything new but am going to allow myself 2 new tops!! woohoo very excited as they will be at least 3 sizes smaller than the last ones I bought.....and I'm in Twoterville now so am doubly happy!!

Hi everyone,

I'm home. The hotels I stayed at my laptop didn't want to do to well on they're wireless internet so I couldn't keep up with everyone. I called Dr. Curry while I was in Nashville on Thursday morning and told him it was much closer, only 4 hours to Cinci from Nashville and I had thought about getting another fill so with no appt. they told me to drive on up and they'd get me right in and they did. They are so good to work with. He hit it first time and for the first fill out of 4 I didn't feel a thing. He sprayed that numbing spray and I didn't feel nothing. I had only lost 5 pounds in 4 weeks so he went aggressive. I now have 3cc's in my 4cc's band. He said I shouldn't need anymore fills and I might need an unfill just to keep an eye on it. I'm very tight. But so far it's a good thing, I mean probably for the first real time since surgery I have great restriction. 1/2 cup is it.

Just wanted to say hi and that I had missed talking to everyone. Hope everyone is well.

Love ya,

Where is everyone? It has been days since anyone posted a message. I am hanging in there. I have had a couple of sessions of unpleasant episodes. I don't get to eat much but I guess that is what I wanted. I have had a pretty good week and weekend so far. I am looking forward to church tomorrow. I hope you all are doing good as well. PLEASE write soon. I miss you guys. Hugs

Hey Beth,

Glad your feeling better and having a good week. I was gone from Monday until last night. I went to Nashville on a shopping trip and I stayed at the best hotel, they are all suites, I took my laptop, did my nails, colored my hair while I was there, just had some me time. Then I drove from there on up to Cincinatti for my 4th fill. I now have 3cc's in my 4cc band and am I every tight. I finally, finally, finally have great restriction. I had only lost 5 pounds since my last fill exactly 4 weeks ago. I hope this one kicks my butt.

Have a great week. Keep in touch. I don't know where everyone else is.

Just went this last week for my second fill and felt a good restrictioini. Today, I was able to eat a full green salad without feeling much. Anyone else have a relaxation of the fill?

Sherri I am glad that you had some me time. You sure did need it. I hope you are feeling better. I have the same size band as you and my last fill I had a total of 3cc put in too. I have been very tight since then. Be careful and eat slow and chew, chew, chew. I know that you have heard that alot but I have thrown up 3 times and close on other times. I think I am at my limit for now. I hope that your fill makes you tight so you can lose some weight again. MIne did. My problem is I like to eat stuff that is not good for me. If I am not going to get much I want it to be stuff I like. I know that is not the way to look at it but I can't help it. It is hard. Well I hope the others write soon and let us know how they are doing. I hope you have a good week. Hugs

Hi all. I just looked up my recent stats and I'm surprised to see that I'm averaging about a loss of 2 pounds per week since my 2nd fill. This may sound crazy but I'm still anxious to get a 3rd fill because I feel it's currently 90% me/10% band right now. And I'd rather improve those stats. I'm tired of feeling hungry almost all of the time.

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a few days cuz I've been dealing with some issues....yes...band ones. I started feeling shoulder pain last week (Monday, I think). Now, I've had shoulder pain in the past when i've eaten just a little too much. This time the shoulder pain was even when I woke up before eating and with drinking Water. Well, I kind of ignored it thinking it would get better and maybe I ate something tha caused a little irritation or something. But, I contacted my doc's assistant and she said to go on liquids and I did. Friday was my 2nd day of liquids and by Friday night I was having the pain. I was able to contact Dr. Stephanie Eisjink (spoke with her hubby) and he said I could come and get an unfill on Sat. Barbara suggested that I shoud get it checked out. So, after prayer with a friend on Friday night and getting some relief, I woke up Sat. and still decided to go and at least see my band on fluro and if I was too tight. Well, it was about a 31/2 hour drive and the barium flowed through just fine. I still had her take out about .1 cc (now I have .7 cc in my band which holds 4-5 ccs). I talked to Barbara and she said Dr. Rod wrote me an email and told me to take Gaviscon every 4 hours and stay on Clear Liquids for at least a day. I actually stayed on them yesterday and today as the pain came back last night. Today it's better but still there. I'm following all the instructions of my doc and hope that over the next few days, I will be back to "normal". So, the good news is that I've dropped another few lbs., but I would rather be able to eat and feel normal. I've also had more burping, etc. since all of this happened. If I'm not better by Tuesday I will be seeing someone locally as I'm going out of town Friday and Barbara says that I really shouldn't let this continue. But, i'm planning on feeling fine by Tuesday!! If you believe in prayer, pray with me!! I was feeling so good and this has been a little set-back.