Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Well I got a call this morning telling me that I'll be going in 2 hours earlier then scheduled.

I'm off to the hopitial tomorrow morning at 8 and surgery is at 10!!

Thank you everyone for your support, you guys/gals are awesome!

I'll talk to you guys later.

:clap2:

Good morning all! I am feeling terrific this morning, and I can hardly wait to see my lovely family back at the hotel! The staff here is beyond excellent, and every need is instantly taken care of. I could not be more pleased with my choice!

Very little discomfort at this point, and I have been walking a bit.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: AND I NO LONGER WANT A PIZZA! (YET)

Glad to hear you're doing so well, Fishy! From the sounds of it you're updating from the hospital! Talk about dedication to LBT!

I'm going to take my first field trip out today - I'm going to Walmart! How exciting, I know... I wore real clothes for the first time yesterday. As long as I was standing the elastic didn't bother me, but if I sat too long, it had to be pulled down a bit away from my stitches. I have no pain. My stomach rumbles a lot - I'm hungry, I think. I had a very watered/milked down 1/4 cup of oatmeal yesterday afternoon and that went down really well. I felt guilty after I ate it. The doctor told me I could introduce soft foods as I felt I could handle them. So today I may go and get some cream of wheat, FF SF pudding, yogurt, and the like.

I had to excuse myself from the kitchen while heating up left overs for DH last night. My stomach and smelling sense couldn't handle the mashed potatoes and beef tips with gravy he was having.

As of this morning I'm down 6.4 lbs since surgery and 20.9 since my liquid diet started on June 21st. I'm very pleased :)

Hi, all!

I was banded yesterday. I got to the hospital at 8:30. They took me to be preped at 10:30 and I was in my room by 1:15. I had some nausia until about 4:00. After that, I was okay.

I am sore, but I am not in pain. The surgeon came between surgeries his morning and okayed me for release. I am now back home and want to rest. Between running to the bathroom every few minutes, vitals at 2:00 am and blood being drawn at 4;00, I didn't get much sleep.< /p>

OKOKOK (bossy voice again... )

I am setting a DATE for the chat room... Wedsday nights at 7:30-whenever.. starting tomorrow night.... And hopefully going everyweek from now on.. If there are more people who want to join in and a different nite is more conveinet Pm me and we will Work it out.....

Thanks to ALL that have been banded and posted your experience on here it makes me less nervous knowing all you guys did so well...does anyone know when funny and sherri are going to be back home?

Jen I can be there at that time but what time zone are you talking about? I am assuming eastern time?

Please clarify!

Good luck to everyone who is about to be banded, and congratulations to those that are in bandland!!!

Big -

They put me on an IV prior to surgery and it remained until discharge. Also, they were very persistant about drinking the 64 ounces.

They had me hooked up to oxygen, the "electric socks" for circulation, monitor, and the IV. I am glad to be home where I don't have any wires!

Mary

Ok The chat is tomorrow at 7:30 central time..... BE THERE!! :)

(Danielle thanks for pointing that out..... )

triciaself, Kelley B, Huggs 040- Good luck tomorrow.... If you feel like it, let us know how you are doing....

Gracie and Ubermom Hope you are feeling well..When you feel up to it let us know how you are doing... And try to come to the chat tomorrow....

Hi All:

So I guess I'm a little late joining the July Group, but here I am!!

I was banded on July 4th in Puerto Vallarta by Dr. Joya. I am doing great, altough the first day after surgery was pretty rough. I am so glad we stayed extra days, my husband and son were a great help.

Today is one week post op and I feel great. Today was the first time on the Clear Liquids that I really wanted to eat, tomorrow should be better - I can start on the full liquids.< /p>

July 12 - triciaself

July 12 - Kelley B

July 12 - Huggs 040

July 13 - gochevy3

July 13 - GrannyAces

Best of luck to you all !!! Have a very safe and uneventful surgery. thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.... let us know how you feel and how you're doing.. when you're up to it.

:phone:Don't forget the chat time tonight!! 6:30 P 7:30 C 8:30 E:blah:

I'll try to check in, at some point. I have to go pick my daughter up at a friends tonight.. I hope to be back in time to say HELLOOOOOO, to you all! If I'm not there, I'll pop in when I get home.. maybe you will all be chattering away still. :typing:

:phone:Don't forget the chat time tonight!! 6:30 P 7:30 C 8:30 E:blah:

I'll try to check in, at some point. I have to go pick my daughter up at a friends tonight.. I hope to be back in time to say HELLOOOOOO, to you all! If I'm not there, I'll pop in when I get home.. maybe you will all be chattering away still. :typing:

Time to love you read my mind.... I was just getting on here to remind everyone tonight.... Getting the kids ready for bed.....