Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chocolate Craving?

Ok, I'm having this craving to have a little piece of chocolate that it's killing me! I'm 3 weeks post-op and so far so good, except today I have this craving...has this happened to anyone? Would it be bad to have a little piece?

Help!! :wink0:

I haven't had that overwhelmingly yet, but I time my last Calcium to come after dinner, and it's a chewy chocolate-flavored little bite that makes me feel like I've had 'something' after dinner.< /span>

In the past though, I've found that just one little square of very dark chocolate (like 70%+ cacao) is fully satisfying and very low in calories and carbs. I take tiny little nibbles off the edges and let them melt, so I can make that one little square last like a half hour LOL... the danger is in knowing that the rest of it is there, so it's hard not to make it a nightly habit, and falling back into the habit of having it just because it's there. But for an occasional treat when you feel like you really want something, it's been very safe and effective for me in the past.

There are also sugar-free chocolates that you can get, but they also go down faster and are higher in the calorie and carb department, so I'm not even gonna go there yet!

try some sf chocalate pudding, the sf cadies are nice too. sometimes we just need that little bit of a normal life!! don't beat yourself up over it if you end up having a little bites of it. good luck girl..

I never liked chocolate before surgery. I would occasionally, and I mean maybe 3-4 times per year, I'd have a Snickers or Reese's cups. But, now chocolate is a true weakness for me. Since I'm further out, I indulge in Snicker's fun size here and there. I carry them in my purse in the event I get stuck out somewhere and haven't eaten in awhile.

I remember when I was around 6 weeks out I really wanted something sweet. I sucked on a Hershey's kiss until it was nothing. It didn't hurt me. I like the suggestion from Laura on maybe some SF chocolate pudding or a SF fudge popsicle.

You can try the chocolate whey crisps. They are very good and you can eat them plain or add them to pudding or cottage cheese or anything you want for that chocolate crunch. I just found these at the Arnold Expo and I am hooked already!

Well ladies I am a merchandiser for Arnotts Biscuits and I'm going to be handling Tim Tams! I really hope that I am never tempted to purchase any! I am booked in to have my sleeve on 23rd March and I'm very scared of the temptation. I am going to be surrounded by with all of those yummy chocolate biscuits!!

Ok, I'm having this craving to have a little piece of chocolate that it's killing me! I'm 3 weeks post-op and so far so good, except today I have this craving...has this happened to anyone? Would it be bad to have a little piece?

Help!! :001_unsure:

That happened to me too, so know what? I had my chocolate and guess what? I didn't gain back into my former self! OOOOHHHH it was sooo yummy:drool5:. . .after i had that piece of chocolate i never had a craving again for it. . .so i don't think it's bad at all. . .i've even had a rumball the other day and still didn't turn into a troll:blink:. . . as long as it's not a everyday occurence i don't see the harm. . .

I'd go for the 70% or greater chocolate, chocolate!:001_unsure: It has antioxidants and a little goes a very long way in terms of flavour (keep it from becoming a slider food). Plus, if you still have a craving, it could tell you you're really wanting sugar.

In sf pudding, the first ingredient is cornstarch, which is not great. To your body, it's like eating something with the first ingredient being sugar. Plus, sf pudding is a slider food.

but of course i get my craving before my period, and i do have a small bite of dark chocolate......it's healthier and i love it!!! :001_unsure:

I'd go for the 70% or greater chocolate, chocolate!:confused1: It has antioxidants and a little goes a very long way in terms of flavour (keep it from becoming a slider food). Plus, if you still have a craving, it could tell you you're really wanting sugar.

In sf pudding, the first ingredient is cornstarch, which is not great. To your body, it's like eating something with the first ingredient being sugar. Plus, sf pudding is a slider food.

Please tell me, what is a slider food? I am not familiar with that term.

THANKS

A slider food is a food that doesn't stay in our Sleeve for very long. Dense Protein stays in the Sleeve for a long time. That's also why we don't drink Water 30 minutes before or after a meal, to keep the food in there longer.

I got a box of packets of Bodytech chocolate pudding from Vitamin Shoppe. It has 145 calories for an entire packet (6 oz of pudding) and 25 grams of Protein in the packet. I used it a bunch while I was on full liquids. It's a little too sweet so I sometimes use 3 oz of unsweetened soymilk and 3 oz of Water to prepare it. It sets in just moments.

All I can say is....

Don't do it!!

Sorry- but speaking from experience..... I never-NEVER was a chocolate person ........ and I tried it about 6 months out...... and it became a TRUE weakness now!

Thats one of the reasons I don't eat Pasta, or bread... I know it is my weakness... so I stay away from it. But I never dreamed chocolate would be this consuming!!

Maybe others can have just a "little"... but it doesn't work for me :)

Poor Chancie! God bless you sweetie! I have never had favorite foods before the sleeve and now after the sleeve it's worse. . . i really find eating a bother and a major pain in the butt. . . don't want to prepare something that is only 2-4 oz and then have that stupid sliming episode or knot feeling there. . . I'd rather just drink stuff. . . I've had a piece of chocolate, it hurt my tummy . . . so no more of that, i've had a rumball, nope, no good either. . . i've had a piece of cake (very small piece) went down ok, but sat there like a metal weight until i drank something and washed it away. . . had take out, nope, metal weight. . . this can be so boring, but the weight loss is great! I'll even take the Hair loss. . .

My take on this is... why open the door to foods that we know aren't good for us. That one bite mentality led me to 249 pounds. I don't want to go back there and I know that carbs and sugar lead me there faster than anything else. I truly hope that I can stay away from sugar products and keep my Sleeve filled with happy Proteins. I don't want to look back and wonder why I opened that door. I want to leave behind the mental obsession of how to get the next bite, how it will taste... blah blah blah... we all know that old story.