Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO as of this week I have go from a size 20 high to a size 5/6!! The last time I got this butt into a size 6 I was 14 years old! GET THIS THOUGH I can get a size 4 on, it just looks tight BUT I haven't got a size 4 over my thighs since I was 12!! I AM SO PUMPED!! On the weight side of things I’m have gone from around 210 high to now I am an amazing 132!! I didn't even know I could get in the 130's and now I’m starting to get close to the 120’s.

I have a couple to share today.

I went to Ross last night to pick up some sheets. No sheets but I did find a matching Bra and Panties set. My 11 year anniversary is on the 21st of Feb and for the first time I can wear matching bra and panties. Pretty ones, sexy ones! I went from a 42 DDD to a 38D and get this, the price was 6.99 for the bra and 2.99 for the panties. NEVER have I spent so little on a bra before. My other NSV was today I had a hard day at work so I came home and go in the tub. While relaxing I relized I don't touch the sides of the tub anymore at all. Woooot!

I am wearing size 16 jeans right now! If you had come to me 6 months ago and said that I would be in a 16 -from a 24- within 6 months, I would have been SO excited, and a year ago when I had no idea of actually having surgery, I would have thought that a size 16 was practically thin, and would have been satisfied. Now, of course, it's practically meaningless. The last time I wore a 16 I was about 50 pounds lighter and my BMI of 39 (down from 52) still has me in the obese category. But no matter! This is the NSV section! I am in a 16!! There is a distinct difference between my breasts and stomach! The XL long sleeve tees that I bought at Old Navy a month ago are way too big! yay.

Hi All,

I have not had my surgery yet, but I have had a NSV already. I had gone out for dinner to Celebrate my daugher's 25th birthday on Jan 22, and when I got home, the bathroom was calling me. And instead of waiting to undo the jeans I was wearing, I just pulled them straight down. I was shocked I could do that. I knew they had gotten looser with the pre-surgery weight loss, but I didn't realize I could just pull them up and down already. It was a great feeling. I look forward to many more to come.

Thanks for starting this thread. I also like the idea of posting the NSV's by my scale and on the refrigerator for extra incentive.

Sheila

-I went shopping for scrubs yesterday (having just found my first job as a nurse) and while my pants would normally be in a 2 or 3 x ...

I FIT INTO A LARGE!! Woweeee :) I did have a little muffin top but that would have been there in the 2x too...

- I have wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle FOREVER, like since I started driving over 10 years ago. BUT I always told myself that I would not be "a fat chick on a bike"...I know it sounds horrible but I am a self conscious and extremely sensitive person, and didnt want to deal with the feeling of being laughed at (whether real or imaginary). Well, my dad has a couple motorcycles and yesterday I decided to take one out and learn how to ride. It was so exhilarating and just seemed like a natural thing to do, no weirdness or self consciousness. Granted I am by no means thin, but post-op I just feel like an invisible cage has been lifted off of me and things I would have never done before I am now doing without hesitation. Also my mindset has changed a lot and I am not so mean to myself anymore :)

- A weird mental thing I had was that I hated to meet with people in person. At the park playground when other parents would come talk to me I would clam up. I even hated talking on the phone with people. I would always communicate by email. It was some self esteem thing that I had. In the past few weeks though I felt that changing, I am not afraid to go up to new people and start a conversation, and I am reaching out to people as well. I used to avoid social situations, but now Im starting to let myself go and not be so controlling and restrictive.

- AND :D I am now actively planning my wedding to my fiancee of over 3 years!! There were a lot of factors in play with this one, as I got preggo right after we got engaged and put off the wedding for a year or so, then I went into school and that put it off even more. BUT the underlying issue in all of that was that I wanted to be the beautiful blushing (thin) bride, not walk down the aisle looking (in my opinion) pudgy and awkward. I know I am being super harsh, but this is the way I felt, strongly enough that I just kept putting priorities over my wedding. I was always planning on it being low budget and intimate, so I know I could have had my wedding long ago, but I kept it on a back burner. Now planning is on full speed ahead, and even though I am still a big girl my mindset has changed a bit. Its amazing to me how much freer and full of options my life has now, as opposed to before VSG when I had more of a negative and bleak attitude. I am so so so sooooooo thankful that I had the sleeve done, it has only been a month - ONE MONTH - and changed my life in so many ways :) Wow.

I Love this thread. I hope to be posting my NSV soon. For now the best has been to eat my favorite dessert w/o feeling guilt :rolleyes:y.

am I really a "tiny" person?

I was chatting with my hairdresser yesterday and told her about my surgery. Her response was "oh, I knew someone else that did that and she was just like you... this little tiny person trapped in a big body"

Am I a little tiny person? Its so hard to get used to. It takes our brains a while to catch up to our bodies. I get frustrated because all the size smalls seem to run too big.... then I realize... they arnt big... I'm little

I'm almost at my year, it is Wednesday. To Celebrate I bought a workout outfit from the Oprah Store that has the O on it. I could not believe I ordered a MEDIUM and the pants were TOO TOO TOO BIG. I need to return them for a SMALL. What the heck!