Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicago friends

Hi Chicago bandsters,

I would like to join in, I received my band 10/4/06 from Dr Sarker in Loyola. start weight 272 now 264 1 week later. I have about a 100 to lose so I am reaching out for some help. Any help !!!! Thanks Jules

Hi, I was banded by Dr. Myers on 8/10/06 and have lost 50 pounds. I lost about 20 BEFORE the surgery with all the fasting. I have had one fill, and can eat just about anything I want, but in small portions. I have 30-40 pounds to go....

Eileen in Oak Park

That is a fantastic start! I was banded 3 weeks ago and am down about 21 pounds. I am from the Northlake area.

Hi Chicago bandsters,

I would like to join in, I received my band 10/4/06 from Dr Sarker in Loyola. start weight 272 now 264 1 week later. I have about a 100 to lose so I am reaching out for some help. Any help !!!! Thanks Jules

Hi Jules,

I am about 2 weeks ahead of your date and it gets much easier as you heal and introduce foods back in. Try not to test yourself to see if you can eat more than you are supposed to. Even if you read others are eating things they are not supposed to, try to follow the rules your doctor set for you. Otherwise we are only cheating ourselves.

Good luck, and take care

My name is Teri, I am from Mchenry Il. I was banded on September 15th. I go in for my first fill on October 24th. I am so excited!!!! I have no restriction at all now, I can guzzle my Propel Water with no problem. I almost feel like a bottomless pit. I can't wait to feel full after eating 4 ozs. Of course I will miss not being able to drink my liquids fast. I am a nurse so I drink when I get the chance, which isn't often. I will just have to practice sipping often.

How is everyone else???? Are you ready for winter???

Hi Chicago bandsters,

You are doing just fine. Dr. Shayani at Loyola did my band procedure for me 8/24/06. My starting weight was 220, after 2 fills I am down to 202. Dont be surprised if after your first fill, the restriction is not very restrictive. I had my first fill at week 6 (10/3/06), my second fill at week 7 (10/10/06), all I can say is WOW! I have had restriction for 6 days, and I am still learning how much or should I say how little I can eat.

If Dr. Sarker is anything like Dr. Shayani, then you are on solids now. You will do fine for the next 6 weeks on most foods, with the exception of breads; but we must remember that everyone is different. If you have any specific questions, just post. Take care.

My name is Teri, I am from Mchenry Il. I was banded on September 15th. I go in for my first fill on October 17th. I am so excited!!!! I have no restriction at all now, I can guzzle my Propel Water with no problem. I almost feel like a bottomless pit. I can't wait to feel full after eating 4 ozs. Of course I will miss not being able to drink my liquids fast. I am a nurse so I drink when I get the chance, which isn't often. I will just have to practice sipping often.

Hi Teri,

I was banded a week after you and also had a hiatal hernia surgery on the side. I think I am doing well so far. I don't have a fill scheduled because the hospital I had my surgery at dropped the program I was in so I am waiting to see where my Doctor moves to. I am doing pretty good without the fill by just eating the amount I am supposed to and telling myself I can have more in a few hours so I don't feel deprived. I am thankful I can get more Water in right now because it will definately be hard to get the water in after the fill. I hope you let us know how the fill goes for you. As for winter...no, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

TTYS,

Diane

My name is Teri, I am from Mchenry Il. I was banded on September 15th. I go in for my first fill on October 17th. I am so excited!!!! I have no restriction at all now, I can guzzle my Propel Water with no problem. I almost feel like a bottomless pit. I can't wait to feel full after eating 4 ozs. Of course I will miss not being able to drink my liquids fast. I am a nurse so I drink when I get the chance, which isn't often. I will just have to practice sipping often.

Happy Fill Day Terri! You are going to enjoy the feeling of restriction again. I hope one fill does it for you, but if not you may need another one and that is perfectly fine; this is how the tool is suppose to work. I had to have 2 fills within a weeks time, the 2nd fill was the charm.

I go in at 1:45 this afternoon for my first fill. Yippee!!! I hope the first fill does the trick for a while.

Update: No fill today, but I went back on the 25th and he added 1cc!!!

Hello Chicago Friends! I am getting closer and closer to my surgery date! check out my ticker that I just figured out how to add! I hope that everyone is doing well! I start my pre-op liquid diet in just a few weeks! I am already starting to "practice."

hello kaybug. It seems we live really close to eachother! I also live in H.P on county farm and army trail rds. Im getting banded in just 2 short days and im majorly freaking out. Maybe when all is healed and said and done, we could workout together or something. Maybe do some jogging or whatever you like. do you belong to any of the local gyms??

Hi LadyK,

Thanks for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. I am on solids now and doing well. No pizza for me as I ate 1 1/2 piece and was sick for a day. I know everyone is different but wow.... Hope all going good for you. I am to have my first fill 11/13/06. Does it hurt when they stick the needle in? I know nothing about it yet I need to call Dr as I am just curious. My weight now is 261 so I am seeing results and working out and drinking Water. Love the band! Jules

Hi LadyK,

Thanks for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. I am on solids now and doing well. No pizza for me as I ate 1 1/2 piece and was sick for a day. I know everyone is different but wow.... Hope all going good for you. I am to have my first fill 11/13/06. Does it hurt when they stick the needle in? I know nothing about it yet I need to call Dr as I am just curious. My weight now is 261 so I am seeing results and working out and drinking Water. Love the band! Jules

Girl, been there and I too did the pizza thing, I was in such pain that I have not looked at pizza since. If you love your band now, you will fall in love all over again after your fill. No it really does not hurt, you do feel a little pinch, but that is it. I had to have 2 fills a week apart, the first fill did not give me much restriction, but the second one is working well. I had my second fill 2.5 weeks ago, my weight was at 209, today I am at 202. The band is a great tool for me, but working out in addition to the band is the reason the weight is really coming off. It is a process. Talk to you later.

Thanks LadyK,

Hope all is going good for you and evryone else. I feel really good, I started a fitness club and wow have I seen the difference. I have so much more energy now it's kinda crazy!! I walk on tread mill for 30 min at about 3.4 then i work my arms and legs on weight. I try to do this 4 to 5 times a week. The gym also has a pool so i want to get into that as well. Thanks for your encouragement. I wish you the best. Jules

Thanks LadyK,

Hope all is going good for you and evryone else. I feel really good, I started a fitness club and wow have I seen the difference. I have so much more energy now it's kinda crazy!! I walk on tread mill for 30 min at about 3.4 then i work my arms and legs on weight. I try to do this 4 to 5 times a week. The gym also has a pool so i want to get into that as well. Thanks for your encouragement. I wish you the best. Jules

Jules,

Good job! Keep up the exercise. I attend Life Time Fitness, and my favorite quote from LTF goes something like this "Exercise is not about the way you feel when you are working out, it is about how you feel the rest of the time". Best of health! K

Hi I am new to this site. Looking into getting banded. Can anyone tell me about BCBS of Illinois HMO insurance. I know they cover the surgery, but is it hard to get them to cover it.