Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

65-70 lbs to lose

My BMI is 31... it's been that since I was 12, depite years of frantic effort and crying. I can't wait to get sleeved on the 21st of April. I'm surprised at how supportive people are about low BMI surgey. I need to loose 70 lbs (I'm very tall). Good luck to us all!!!!!

Stacey

I'm gong to Dr Rodriguez. I absolutly can't wait. I was reading some of the earlier posts and PNW (pre-surgery) was talking about being obsessed. I'm sooooo there. It's all I can think about. The idea that I could have a real life thats not laced with fat shame.

I keep trying to remind myself that all my problems arn't going to dissapear overnight but it feels like the possibilities are endless.

I have even started my pre-op diet 5 days early because I just want to get this show on the road!!!!!

Stacey

I am 214 today and hope to lose 70. Has anyone lost just that or do you continue losing? I am afraid to get sleeved and lose like 100 or more.. Is that possible? Pls answer!!!

I'm only halfway but from what I have read, when you hit your goal weight, you will slowly add calories/carbs until you hit an amount that allows you to maintain.

Sounds like a terrible problem to have, huh?? : )

Hi, I keep reading on the regular posts that when you have less than 100 lbs to lose it comes off slower. I was sleeved on May 17 and things have really slowed down for me. Don't know why, seems like I am not eating much. I have tried to eat more Fiber now that I am cleared for regular foods and it hasn't seemed to help much.

I'm in the same boat. Things are slow, slow, slow for me, too. Until this morning the scale had been stuck for almost a month!! This morning it's finally down another half pound. But I have definitely been getting smaller even while the scale has been stuck, so I'll take it!

Hang in there!!

Yea, I think it's harder when you are over 50 as our metabolism is slower. I went for a walk today as it is the first day under 99 we have had for a while. And my close fit better, I am wearing things I wore when I was 10 lbs lighter. So I will just hang in there. It's hard, my husband asks me nearly every day if I have lost another pound or not. I need to just stop weighing myself. But I know I will. I go see the nut next Friday maybe she will have some ideas.

Hi, I keep reading on the regular posts that when you have less than 100 lbs to lose it comes off slower. I was sleeved on May 17 and things have really slowed down for me. Don't know why, seems like I am not eating much. I have tried to eat more fiber now that I am cleared for regular foods and it hasn't seemed to help much.

I'm loosing pretty slow I had 55 or so lbs to loose when I had surgery. I don't. I only weigh once a month because the scale makes me insane... but I can tell this month is going to be a real low number. I do think exercise really helps though. Also... I suppose you could go hard core low carb if your really in a hurry. It seems like those guys loose pretty fast... I just cant sustain the low carb thing... no energy.

That is what I found, I was really dragging yesterday. Could hardly stay awake I was so tired by 2 pm, so I ate a tablespoon of Peanut Butter and felt better in 15 min. Amazing.

Hi, I'm Stacey and I also have between 65-70 pounds to lose. I haven't really set a goal weight, I am most looking forward to my back not hurting all the time. My main goal is to be pain free, then I will see about a goal weight I think. I just started this and go to my orientation with Kaiser on the 13th. :001_wub:

Hi, I keep reading on the regular posts that when you have less than 100 lbs to lose it comes off slower. I was sleeved on May 17 and things have really slowed down for me. Don't know why, seems like I am not eating much. I have tried to eat more Fiber now that I am cleared for regular foods and it hasn't seemed to help much.

It does get frustrating at times. I guess we just have to be thankful that we did have less to lose - even tho we will reach goal at about the same time! : )

Except for the first week, I have overall averaged about 2 lbs per week, however the last month or two has been very slow - probably half that.

On the bright side, I am wearing smaller clothes even tho the scale is moving slowly. I do feel better, have much less back pain and am sleeping better. I started with the cpap machine soon after surgery - and hope to give it up after six months or so when my weight has stabilized.

When the scale gets stuck, I will switch to Protein shakes instead of meals. Or I will go the other way and add a few hundred more calories for a few days. Usually shakes up the body a little and the scale moves. I like the Premier chocolate Protein Shakes from costco. 11 oz, 160 calories, 30 Protein.

I would like to lose my last 20 pounds by August 18th - the 6 month point, however I am happy with my progress. I was able to resume physical activity a month or so ago and for the past couple of weeks, have been doing weights and conditioning with the high school volleyball team. I was so sore! So many muscles were in shock! LOL I feel better and that keeps me motivated. (I was on restrictions due to 4 bulging disks in my back, not surgery)

I used to run a quarter mile in 60.3 seconds. Took me over 2.5 minutes the other day! UGH! ok, I am 30 years older but really, 2.5 minutes??? I even ran 3/4 of it! ok, barely jogged but I was moving. haha!

Stalls happen, our bodies are adjusting, we just have to be patient. I thought I would start losing more when I got back to exercising but that hasn't happened. I don't feel like I am eating any different - but after 4 days of intensive workouts, I may have to up calories or something cause I have been exhausted : )

Picking a "real" goal weight can be a crap shoot. I would love to lose at least 10-15 more, getting down into the 120's would be a bonus. Buying a size 6 pair of Levis yesterday, when I started out wearing a size 16? I am pretty darn happy now!

Keep at it. If you are consuming 550-750 calories or even a bit more than that, the weight will come off. Most of us used to eat more than that every single meal! Below is the link to the guidelines I used - for the most part.

http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

Hello Everyone:

I'm in the early stages of this process. Can't wait to be sleeved. The weight loss clinic that I'm using is very strict and once I reach a certain point, if I gain ANY weight, they will postpone my surgery. Right now, I'm eating like I'll never eat again and have to really work on getting that under control. I know that is my head playing games with me and I have to take charge. I would like to lose 70 pounds to put me at 140. My PCP would like to see me at 150. We'll see what the nutritionist says. Hopefully I'll meet with her within a couple of weeks. I'm 5'3" and would love to think maybe I could get to 130 but time will tell. It would be a healthy weight for my height and body type. I'm so ready to stop living to eat and start eating healthy to live. Good luck to all.

I have been watching the tickers of the people who got sleeved on or around the same time I did. One thing I noticed is that even though we all ave different amounts to loose our tickers move at almost exactly the same rate. that is.... at 2 months we were a little over a quarter of the way... at one month just under. I think somewhere between month 3 and 4 we will all be half way. They are loosing much more weight but we all seem to be loosing the same percentage of our body weight.

Its frustrating though.... especially when I see people posting that it may get even slower than this. YIKES....