Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability and encouragement

Ok - my last one for today (lol). My husband and I had our date night - he wanted to get coffee at Krispy Kreme (seriously?). Then he's like we can go and I said no, it's ok (we were holding the door open at the store)! Guess what I got - a banana! I was so happy they had bananas in there - you'd have thought it was one of those hot glazed donuts ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Ok - my last one for today (lol). My husband and I had our date night - he wanted to get coffee at Krispy Kreme (seriously?). Then he's like we can go and I said no' date=' it's ok (we were holding the door open at the store)! Guess what I got - a banana! I was so happy they had bananas in there - you'd have thought it was one of those hot glazed donuts ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Don't know if I could've done that but WTG!!!!!! Keep up the positive steps in the right direction.

i firmly believe we are all stronger than we give ourselves credit for..

we can control ourselves (if) we want to...i say this as i know where i started

and i know what it took to get me where i am today....me having my WLS gave me the umph

to try one more time..

anyhow....i am not a sweet person...more a chips/dip/cheese it/fast food gal

every morning on my way to work, i go to dunkin doughnut for my xlarge black coffee

i also believe in me not running/nor hiding from food

its part of life..its how we choose to deal with it..with everything

eat, but eat smart....or at least the best we can..

osh, i miss blogging

hope i am not hogging this thread

i promise when i can blog again, i will stop preaching...

i finished my step aerobics......raised my knee lifts higher and higher...and boy could i feel it..

Continuing with PT exercises -- the "swimming" in bed, great workout with weights. Now to go do my five laps around the driving circle (1/2 mile) while it's still light out. Beautiful fall afternoon -- got gardening done, etc., but I've got to get a walk in, even a short one. Tomorrow big workout day but am really trying to do something on all seven days. Important. So out the door I go!

Continuing with PT exercises -- the "swimming" in bed, great workout with weights. Now to go do my five laps around the driving circle (1/2 mile) while it's still light out. Beautiful fall afternoon -- got gardening done, etc., but I've got to get a walk in, even a short one. Tomorrow big workout day but am really trying to do something on all seven days. Important. So out the door I go!

great attitude Gf........doing it everyday....am right there with you

Continuing with PT exercises -- the "swimming" in bed' date=' great workout with weights. Now to go do my five laps around the driving circle (1/2 mile) while it's still light out. Beautiful fall afternoon -- got gardening done, etc., but I've got to get a walk in, even a short one. Tomorrow big workout day but am really trying to do something on all seven days. Important. So out the door I go![/quote']

How exactly do you do your bed exercise and what lb weights? You are really doing it. WTG!! I have too many joint problems to do some exercises everyday but always up for something new. Walking about 25-30 min and my stretch band for 3 sets of 12 working my way up to 4 or 5 different ones. I need stomach and upper body exercises. Oh trying zumba too. One or more should do the trick as long as I do them at least 3 or 4x's a week. Thx for the idea.

I saw you wanted somewhere to record accomplishments. Fitness pal is a great app. U can also use it on line. It's free. Tracks calories Proteins Water and records exercise then posts it for your friends to c. My screen name is lsr5664 if u join. Would love to be friends and support each other.

Had a bit of a lazy couple of days the last two...but did a Sprint level Triathalon today. It was just on my own, but felt good to get it done.

The pool was occupied with an aerobics class, so I did the Ride then Run, then went inside to do the Swim. Just a nice comfortable pace today.

20k ride = 43:54

5K run = 28:41

500M swim = 14:40

Total time = 1:27:15

sbr.jpg

Happy Wednesday everyone! Now lets go CARDINALS!! Game one of the World Series tonight.

Had a bit of a lazy couple of days the last two...but did a Sprint level Triathalon today. It was just on my own, but felt good to get it done.

The pool was occupied with an aerobics class, so I did the Ride then Run, then went inside to do the Swim. Just a nice comfortable pace today.

20k ride = 43:54

5K run = 28:41

500M swim = 14:40

Total time = 1:27:15

sbr.jpg

Happy Wednesday everyone! Now lets go CARDINALS!! Game one of the World Series tonight.

Woohoo!! Look at you go! :)

Well, the Cards took it on the chin last night....bummer. Hoping tonight brings them better results!

40 minute spin on the trainer, then a 5k run for me today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

How exactly do you do your bed exercise and what lb weights? You are really doing it. WTG!! I have too many joint problems to do some exercises everyday but always up for something new. Walking about 25-30 min and my stretch band for 3 sets of 12 working my way up to 4 or 5 different ones. I need stomach and upper body exercises. Oh trying zumba too. One or more should do the trick as long as I do them at least 3 or 4x's a week. Thx for the idea.

Hi Donna, this is so easy and I crave it now. Husband had his spine rebuilt last year -- 17 days in the hospital (I don't think I will be whining much about my upcoming LB recovery!). Put pillows at end of bed -- I use two -- to get chest up. Face down, chest on pillows, Dangle shoulders off the end of the bed so arms are free and head is down. Pick up weights one at a time alternating with opposite leg going up simultaneously -- diagonal action. Like swimming the channel! I really notice it my neck but also lower back. Keep weights thumbs up like shakers. Getting hose legs up! Have fun! We then do the standard leg lifts and another somatic a style core builder I'm not sure I can describe. Thing is husband did these for about a year before I joined in. I have my own basement workout but this is a great warmup for the day. Spine care.

Hi Donna' date=' this is so easy and I crave it now. Husband had his spine rebuilt last year -- 17 days in the hospital (I don't think I will be whining much about my upcoming LB recovery!). Put pillows at end of bed -- I use two -- to get chest up. Face down, chest on pillows, Dangle shoulders off the end of the bed so arms are free and head is down. Pick up weights one at a time alternating with opposite leg going up simultaneously -- diagonal action. Like swimming the channel! I really notice it my neck but also lower back. Keep weights thumbs up like shakers. Getting hose legs up! Have fun! We then do the standard leg lifts and another somatic a style core builder I'm not sure I can describe. Thing is husband did these for about a year before I joined in. I have my own basement workout but this is a great warmup for the day. Spine care.[/quote']

Thanks I'll try that. But I do sleep in an adjustable bed with head up almost to sitting and legs up to help with back pain. Can't sleep flat anymore cause I get severe lower back pain. Probably cause stomach too big. But have been walking outside everyday and soon to start twice a day. Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like you're doing terrific!

checking in.......step aerobics today..drink my Water.are my Protein

fought inner demons who said why bother .but my want power kicked their a**ss to the curb.....

doing as best i can with what i have and whom i am........

10km run this evening after work with a personal best time, and first one under an hour. Do YOUR best, stick with it, then reap the rewards.

Have a great weekend! :)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/395369392