Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too tight? Or is this typical?

I've always eaten carbs and I lost weight just fine. I'm Asian, take away my rice, fine, but if you tell me I can't have noodles as well, we'll have a problem lol. Luckily my band tolerates noodles and Pasta easily. My doctor is not of the belief that I should be restricting myself from any one food group, and I'm good with that.

So I don't restrict carbs at all, never have, albeit I try to get my Protein in first most times. I still however will chow down on noodles and Pasta if the urge takes me.

A bit off topic here...but just had to get this off my chest. Why is that some people feel they are experts at what is right for anyone but themselves?

When "newbies" or even veterans for that matter ask questions, it's because they are looking for advice and support.

We are not looking for the know it all clipped and often times judgmental comments that are thrown out to refute the actual helpful advice of other bandsters. These comments come in almost exact succession to the postings of certain people who are actually helpful in their comments and advice, and these judgmental postings are really starting to bug me.

If you think this comment was about you, then it probably was and I hit my target audience.

My advice to you is that perhaps you should take all that you know and apply it personally and then edit the content again before you hit post. Or I'm sure there will be more people who will start refuting your comments and judging you for your tone and countering you on your expertise.

Last I checked you were not registered as a Lapband Surgeon, Doctor, PA, or spokesman. It's really all just your opinions that would be better served minus the judgmental tone.

Thank you.

My apologies to Wanna-Be-Healthy for hijacking your post to speak my mind.

A bit off topic here...but just had to get this off my chest. Why is that some people feel they are experts at what is right for anyone but themselves?

When "newbies" or even veterans for that matter ask questions, it's because they are looking for advice and support.

We are not looking for the know it all clipped and often times judgmental comments that are thrown out to refute the actual helpful advice of other bandsters. These comments come in almost exact succession to the postings of certain people who are actually helpful in their comments and advice, and these judgmental postings are really starting to bug me.

If you think this comment was about you, then it probably was and I hit my target audience.

My advice to you is that perhaps you should take all that you know and apply it personally and then edit the content again before you hit post. Or I'm sure there will be more people who will start refuting your comments and judging you for your tone and countering you on your expertise.

Last I checked you were not registered as a Lapband Surgeon, Doctor, PA, or spokesman. It's really all just your opinions that would be better served minus the judgmental tone.

Thank you.

My apologies to Wanna-Be-Healthy for hijacking your post to speak my mind.

A bit cocky are we? Let's see how cocky you are in about 5 more years....

Sure let the surgeons figure out the EXTREMELY HIGH complication rate of the lap band, and some newbies will think ...Oh...that will not happen to me, I can use my band as I please...and nothing will happen..... :rolleyes:

Or oh..she had the old band and outdated technology, or her surgeon did not install it correctly and I can vomit and keep my band as tight as I want it....this makes me laugh as I type it.

FYI...here are some lap band complication stats..if you think that I am just pretending to be doctor..lMAO...

http://www.ncbi.nlm....

And by the way...no more preaching and help from me on this subject...I will let the newbies dig their own ditch...SURGEONS don't care if your band slip, they will get paid just as much to remove it...they work for you, if you say filler up...and vomit daily, they don't care, you will be the one paying for another band or getting it removed...please remember that....

Peace out...no more warnings from me.... :)

I love it NaNa you prove my point 100%.

It is not your job to be judge and jury to ANYONE on this site or else where. Share your OPINIONS and your ADVICE but DO NOT think that you stand above or are better learned then ANYONE ELSE.

You can throw out a million links I know how to use Google very well thank you very much.

People are going to do what they choose to do with our with out your comments.

I'm not cocky darling, I'm just truthful.

Thanks for calling yourself out and giving attention to YOUR own inadequacy. I'm sure in 5 years 10 years or 20 we will all be better off for not enduring your condescending tone.

Thank God! If I need an expert. ..

I'll go to my Surgeon. All you do. ... every post is tell people how they must do this or can't do that or else the sky will surely fall. I've been posting on here quite a while. .... and never said this about anyone. ... even people I don't agree with. But you are something else. And I'm talking about you NaNa.

I love it NaNa you prove my point 100%.

It is not your job to be judge and jury to ANYONE on this site or else where. Share your OPINIONS and your ADVICE but DO NOT think that you stand above or are better learned then ANYONE ELSE.

You can throw out a million links I know how to use Google very well thank you very much.

People are going to do what they choose to do with our with out your comments.

I'm not cocky darling, I'm just truthful.

Thanks for calling yourself out and giving attention to YOUR own inadequacy. I'm sure in 5 years 10 years or 20 we will all be better off for not enduring your condescending tone.

You don't have to be an expert to know that if you vomit your food daily with the lap band eventually something bad will happen...just saying...you can google the consequences of that...please don't be in a lap band bubble pretending you don't know..I've just seen and heard it all for over 8 years.. :D

Be grateful...you won't hear it from me anymore.....I hope not to see you in a few more years as a band basher...remember I warned you.....

Thank God! If I need an expert. ..

I'll go to my Surgeon. All you do. ... every post is tell people how they must do this or can't do that or else the sky will surely fall. I've been posting on here quite a while. .... and never said this about anyone. ... even people I don't agree with. But you are something else. And I'm taking about you NaNa.

I only speak the truth......and I guess you can call me a lap band expert...I've been there done that and seen it all, researched every possible complication ...I've even educated my surgeon at times :o ...they just install the band and don't live with it....we do..LOL

I don't eat white rice but last night I made some forbidden rice (black rice). I soaked it for about six hours and cooked it in my rice cooker with some light coconut milk, garlic and yellow curry powder....add some tofu and this dish is loaded with Protein.< /p>

ok, my friend AJ just said a crab is not a fish.

so i still wont eat it...no matter what..now that

i embarrassed myself i will go blog about sammy hagar or something.

This rice is also yummy when cooked with lite coconut milk and a little bit of maple Syrup. It's a nice treat that also gives you Protein. :-)

If you're throwing up all the time, have acid reflux, and aren't losing weight, then you're probably too tight. If you just have difficulty eating some foods then you may be fine. It's kind of up to you. Everyone keeps themselves at different levels of restriction. Personally, I like to stay on the loose side because when my band tightens up...WHOA BUDDY!

ok, my friend AJ just said a crab is not a fish.

so i still wont eat it...no matter what..now that

i embarrassed myself i will go blog about sammy hagar or something.

They call it "Shell Fish", does that help?

They call it "Shell Fish", does that help?

ignoring you......T :huh:

I have 5cc in a 10cc band and I can eat Soups, oysters, some meats, and veggies.

I CANNOT eat breads, rice, some granola bars or chicken breast otherwise I get stuck and have to vomit because the pain in my chest won't go away.

I know some people can't eat breads or rice and dry meats. Is this normal? Am I too tight? Or are these things I just have to give up.

I'm ok either way.

It's normal, you aren't supposed to eat bread, rice, Pasta or anything like that because it gets Gummy. I am able to eat them on occasion, but I have to be VERY careful, take tiny bites and chew well - I also take a sip of something while it's in my mouth before I swallow it. I can't eat chicken breast, it's too dry. If you want white meat, you have to add some kind of sauce to it. I usually just opt for a skinless thigh instead. Every time you get a fill, something will change and it will be the trial and error process all over again. That's the case for me anyway.