Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

medicare approval

Hi Jason,

Well, found out that my doctor's office withdrew my referral from doctor to insurance co. I was waiting a month to hear something. I have the medicare advantage plan if you recall and they follow medicare guidelines and now the doctor's office said I need to diet for 6 months, I am really upset because of the way it was done. I didn't sleep last night, really stressed. Six months seems so long.

Thanks for listening. My excitement level went so far down.

ttyl

Hi Jason,

Well, found out that my doctor's office withdrew my referral from doctor to insurance co. I was waiting a month to hear something. I have the medicare advantage plan if you recall and they follow medicare guidelines and now the doctor's office said I need to diet for 6 months, I am really upset because of the way it was done. I didn't sleep last night, really stressed. Six months seems so long.

Thanks for listening. My excitement level went so far down.

ttyl

ok well look there is always plain b and thats wait untill you get that packett in the mail ok then go to another doctor and tell them you have been dieting for 6 or 7 months or you can call and tell your insurance that you want to switch to regular medicare i had that advantage plan my wife said and now i remember since she told me and it sucks i went back to regular medicare they say its the same but its not so if i was you i would wait untill you get that packett and call the doctors thats on that packett and tell them a diferent story tell them that you have dieted for 6 or 7 months or so or you can call medicare and switch back to regular medicare i know its lieing but sometimes you got to, to get your insurance to do anything well keep me posted on everything we all love ya and good bless ya if you want to talk to me by phone you can privite message me and i will give you my phone number or i can call you i hope and pray everything works out for ya

Jason, thanks for answering. I like the medicare advantage. I'm too young to get a medicare supplement to help with prescriptions so this really helps me, I take 6 prescriptions and costs me no more than $5.60 each one. No copays for doctors or surgery center, so I really like it. I guess I will have to wait the 6 months. Medicare does the 6 month wait they said too. I really can't afford to switch to regular Medicare. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I slept last night thank goodness. I just have to think everything happens for a reasion, right?

ttyl

Karen

Hi, where did you get the guidelines from? I have a medicare advantage plan but they are supposed to use medicare guidelines and I sure would like to see them. Thanks.

Karen

Jason, did you get banded yet?

Listen to this. You know I have a medicare advantage plan which follows the paying guidelines of medicare. Well I need to follow a 6 month program. Today, the girl at my doctor's office said I should start by going to a seminar and that the surgeon sets you up with a nutrionist and it costs $500 up front ?????? She said they have to get approval for you and that is what costs. I am so confused and sick of this. Any ideas? Did you have to pay $500? Did you go to the seminar? Thanks Jason

Karen

Jason, did you get banded yet?

Listen to this. You know I have a medicare advantage plan which follows the paying guidelines of medicare. Well I need to follow a 6 month program. Today, the girl at my doctor's office said I should start by going to a seminar and that the surgeon sets you up with a nutrionist and it costs $500 up front ?????? She said they have to get approval for you and that is what costs. I am so confused and sick of this. Any ideas? Did you have to pay $500? Did you go to the seminar? Thanks Jason

Karen

No i didnt get banded yet im still waiting on the phys doctor.to give the paper work back to the nurses he done told me i was a good canidate for it. well as to your question about a seminar yea i went to one but they didnt charge me it was free after listening to the seminar they told us that the doctors office will charge us 500 dollars to have it done 250 for the first visit and 250 on our pre opp visit maybe thats what there talking about for you. have you gotten that packett yet from lapband ??? CAUSE ONCE YOU GET IT YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED WHEN YOU GET IT YOU CAN CALL AROUND AND SEE WHAT OTHER WILL SAY WELL LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET IT

I know that any of the hospitals that are approve by the ABSB will accept medicare but can anyone give the name of a physician that actually accepts a medicare assignment?

Thanks

I know that any of the hospitals that are approve by the ABSB will accept medicare but can anyone give the name of a physician that actually accepts a medicare assignment?

Thanks

call 1800 lapband and they will give you a list of all doctors in your area the packett will take a couple of weeks to get to you in the mail

I have medicare and am in process of getting requirements together...doctor said they don't care how much you lose...it's a delay tactic...hoping you'll change your mind. some states require the six month diet and some don't. must have diabetes,sleep apnea, or hypertension. good luck!

this is one of the reasons i went to detroit mi to get banded, south dakato had too many requiements to me. i went to harper hospital had sugery date in less than 2 weeks. medicare paid everything except 1,024.00, that my supplemental insurance picked up. if u have anymore questions just e-mail me. i'll be happy to help u...................sue

about medicare paying all for lapband don't you still pay a deductable and what if u have medicare advantage ppo plan , any info on what u pay with that???

Grannyky,

I have Quality Health Plan, medicare advantage and I am trying to find a surgeon who will accept it, no luck at all. I have been waiting so long for this, did the 6 month diet and it must be 6 months later still waiting. If I switched to Medicare, will cost more, so I need to stick with this one. Hope they can find me a surgeon.

Grannyky,

Yes, there will be a Medicare deductible and coinsurance for both the hospital and the doctor's charges. If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, you will have to pay whatever your plan documents say is your copayment for hospital and doctor's charges. Check your Evidence of Coverage or call the customer service phone number on your ID card. They can tell you what your payment responsibility will be.

Good luck,