Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I aim for and "accidentally"run someone over is it murder?

Alright' date=' I admit I am not know for being the most mild mannered person. I have a bit of a temper but have always taken steps to ensure my temper remains in control (breathe in, breathe out). I do not normally lose the plot. Then there was the incident today....

I went into the office today (been working from home for the last two weeks). Three of the women I work with stopped by my office together to tell me how great I was looking. Was enjoying the ego stroking immensely!!! I have been very open about the fact that I have had band surgery. No reason to hide it. While we were chatting another female colleague walked in.... lets give her a name to protect her privacy... Broomhilda.

Broomhilda ( the _itch that she is) listened to the gals feed my ego a bit and then decided to give her unsolicited two cents worth. And I quote "Amber I can see you lost some weight. You were so huge before. I mean it was time that you did something about it right? I just would have expected you to have lost more by now. I mean bigger people are supposed to lose weight faster right? What exactly are you eating? Are you getting out from behind your desk at all? You know diet only wont move those pounds. You have to exercise to. I don't understand why it took you so long to do something about it. I have been tempted to say something to you about your weight for awhile. I guess even a little weight loss is better than nothing right?"

The other 3 gals got quiet and waited..... The old self conscious me with the dented self esteem might have nodded and smiled and ignored her. Possibly taken her to the side later to tell her she hurt my feelers. The new me..... not so much. Watch out world the Amazon princess is in the house. If she felt it was okay to be rude to me in front of others why should I be the one to restrain myself?

My response:

"Broomhilda I appreciate your candour. Your right I am overweight and am taking steps to ensure that I healthier and happier. Since we are being honest here I just wanted to mention that no one has ever been so rude as to approach me in the way that you have and give such demeaning feedback. Did you have a horrible childhood? Was your dog run over on your way to work today? Honestly the only reason I am asking is that I am trying to come up with a reason as to why someone feels the need to make others feel bad in order to feel better about themselves. Did your parents teach you manners and you just chose to ignore them or were you raised by wolves? Yes I am fat and in time I will lose the weight while my friends support and encourage me. You on the other hand have allot to learn and I only hope that people choose not to be as honest with you about your faults as you are with them. Now get the hell out of my office I want to have a donut!!" (I of course did not have a donut was just pissed off) Needless to say she scurried out of my office. One of the three gals that were still there just looked at me and said good on you!!

What did I learn from this?

1. My anger management skills suck

2. I am no longer willing to allow others to demean me simply because I am fat

3. True friends will encourage and call you out when your getting off base - the secret is understanding true friends will do it out of a place of love whereas _itches are doing it for their own benefit

4. I have value and worth regardless of whether I am fat or thin. Allowing someone to take potshots in order to avoid conflict does not help the situation. It simply makes them feel that their comments are acceptable.

5. Maybe I am a bit of a _itch myself

I saw her in the car park as I was leaving. I did not run her over. All of you are my witnesses/alibi. If anyone asks I was writing this post. The red stains and bad blonde hair dye on my bumper are from a poor unfortunate cat........ Lets stick to the story people.

Thanks for letting me vent.[/quote']

Lol this is awesome good for you !!!!!

This is the best post i have read in a while. You are awesome.

Who is to know if you hit the gas while looking for the break. It happens all the time.

Oops. I think that should be brake.

They say that sneezing is an acceptable defence for losing control of your car for a split second....

....just sayin'.....

---This is my all time favorite post !---

Ahem... I take offense to that!!! LoL, but I forgive you ;)

God bless you for standing up for yourself, and all big people everywhere.

Bravo baby. Nice comeback.