Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will i feel normal again?

I am 11 days post op, did find with recovery no unbearable gas or incision pain, but the last 4 days off and on I am getting headaches and nausea, I don't start mushers till wed, been on liquids two wks prior to surgery and 2 wks after. I am miserable ! Feels like this is my new norm and I sure hope not - getting depressed, any similar experiences out there?

OH HON- post surgery is miserable and anyone who says it is not a challenge, is fibbing. I just try to remember what all the veterans say- that this is the time when your body is healing. I know it is hard but this stage sets you up for the future. I cannot imagine that the rest of my life will be eating yogurt and Popsicles. This is just a phase that I have to go thru and that as time goes by, I will learn how and what to eat again. We are all here to support and encourage along the way! stay strong - this phase will end!!

Thanks Red Bird! Just feel so miserable I thought by day 7 I'd be good to go. Just hoping that being on mushies will help. I feel like some of these symptom ( headaches, nausea, weakness) is because of this liquid diet.< /p>

Tomorrow is Monday. How about giving the doctor a call and letting them know what's up? Regarding depression, so many of us have used food for a coping mechanism -- it's how I got where I am, for sure! Your body has been through stress - surgery and healing up - and now no comfort foods to tamp things down again. What can you do that is just for you -- like go buy a new journal or get your toenails painted, maybe a walk where you let yourself notice nature around you, sipping a favorite tea in a new place. I know I need to find new ways to soothe and comfort myself amidst the chaos and ups and downs of life. I'm hoping to switch up food addiction for walking and stretching. Just know that you are on the right track, you've made this decision to change your health and it's all happening one day at a time. Best wishes!

Thanks Red Bird! Just feel so miserable I thought by day 7 I'd be good to go. Just hoping that being on mushies will help. I feel like some of these symptom ( headaches' date=' nausea, weakness) is because of this liquid diet.[/quote']

Around the week mark after surgery I felt like I went backwards. Started feeling so tired and achy some nausea which I hadn't had. Starting to feel better a few days after that def more like myself. Feel better soon!!

Thanks Bandista, I go in to get my staples out tomorrow and i will ask the nurses (my doc is on vacation)

amk2012, Glad to know I am not alone. Just hoping it gets better soon, it's just so hard feeling this way day in and day out.

On the last day of my post op liquid diet, I had a little nervous breakdown because I was so hungry. But, when I was able to have yogurts and sugar free puddings, I felt like a brand new woman!! I'm a month and a half post op and have lost 40 pounds since my pre op liquid diet. Feeling good! Hang in there. It gets better!!! ???Š

Thanks Shelley, you give me hope ... Guess that's what I really need right now . #1 to know I am not alone #2 to know that this too shall pass. Very happy to have lost 20 lbs since my initial doc visit, but this moment in time makes me wonder if it was worth it. Guess I am just having one of those days... Bear with me folks! I know it will be worth it in the end-- just want to feel normal again !!

I didn't have much pain from my incisions and the gas pains were manageable. What I found so hard to deal with post-surgery was the weakness and total lack of energy.

This quickly went away once I started eating normally (for a bandster anyway) again!

You definitely will improve though!

Thanks Toddy, my experience was the same except now I have headaches on top of it! I start mushy on Wed and I am counting down! Thanks for the reply!

I had a rough morning as well. I was in pain and feeling nauseous, I decide to take the nausea medicine instead of the pain Meds.... Wrong choice!!! I was throwing up slime and was unable to breathe because I panicked.... I called the dr on call and told me if I get scared like that again to go to the ER. I had me lapband on aug 21at with a hernia repair but I think I was trying toove too fast. This website has truly helped me and I am grateful for all of you guys sharing your experiences! The good and the bad (-;

I had my lap band surgery on the 19th and it was pretty rough for me the first few days but I am feeling almost normal now..except for the food intake. I found that drinking lots of Water and Protein Shakes is really helping. sleep too. I couldn't sleep the first few night because I couldn't get comfortable and we all know when u don't sleep, it makes everything worse. Luckily I had some sleep aids I got oked with my surgeon and this have helped a lot. Hope u feel better soon and u wi b in my thoughts :)

Thanks Red Bird! Just feel so miserable I thought by day 7 I'd be good to go. Just hoping that being on mushies will help. I feel like some of these symptom ( headaches, nausea, weakness) is because of this liquid diet.< /p>

Have you tried blending some thicker Soup with a little bit of milk. I do this and even though you are still drinking it feels like you are taking in more substance.