Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling discouraged

I've had my 2nd fill & no real restriction yet :( & only have lost 5pds since my surgery June 28th. Does it take several fills to get to what they call the green zone??? I now have 6.5 cc in my band right now & was told I have a 10cc band, I guess I need the full 10 lol

It took me 18 fills but my stomach kept getting leaner as I was loosing weight. 18 fills is not the norm but some people definitely need lots of Fluid in their band for good restriction. Don't get discouraged, just keep going to the doc and getting more fills! You'll get there.

I didn't have any restriction till fill #3. I lost 12 lbs the first 2 weeks post surgery and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. It's a long journey so keep bugging your doctor for fills till you feel something. It's not necessarily restriction you should look for, it's a feeling of satiety so you feel comfortable eating less food. It's just a diet till the band works it's magic.

tmf

I have had eleven fills and I have lost sixty pounds in twelve months, I'm still not in the green zone but I'm losing consistently with very little difficulty . I have learnt that I can't drink alcohol as it loosens my band and it takes me at least a week to get it back. I'm happy with my loss and the time it s taking.

I have had eleven fills and I have lost sixty pounds in twelve months' date=' I'm still not in the green zone but I'm losing consistently with very little difficulty . I have learnt that I can't drink alcohol as it loosens my band and it takes me at least a week to get it back. I'm happy with my loss and the time it s taking.[/quote']

Alcohol loosens the band? How? I have not heard that. Has anyone else ?

I think it makes me relax and the next day I feel hungry and for some reason I can eat more. I found in the beginning I was able to have a glass a wine with food and eat more. I stopped drinking completely two months ago and my weight started going once more. We went away the weekend had some wine in the evening and I found I could eat more again. I've stopped again and it's taken a week to notice a difference in the scale. I'm nowhere near goal weight only half way there so it's not about weight loss slowing down.

I think it makes me relax and the next day I feel hungry and for some reason I can eat more. I found in the beginning I was able to have a glass a wine with food and eat more. I stopped drinking completely two months ago and my weight started going once more. We went away the weekend had some wine in the evening and I found I could eat more again. I've stopped again and it's taken a week to notice a difference in the scale. I'm nowhere near goal weight only half way there so it's not about weight loss slowing down.

Well, I don't know but alcohol does not increase my appetite at all. I haven't had any problems with my band either so I would say everybody's body is different. I don't drink often but I include it in my calorie count and I don't get hungry.

I have begun to have a glass of wine sometimes. I didn't notice that it made me hungry, but it did make the meal flow more smoothly! I'll have to watch it in the future, I guess. None of this ever occurred to me. Yikes.

It took me till my 3rd fill to feel any restriction I have 7.8 cc's in a 10 cc band. I had very slow weight loss until my 3rd fill. I have lost five pounds this week since having my fill. I have to admit I also added some extra exercise but not a lot. I can feel the restriction and I am eating less now without being hungry. So I know the band is doing it's job now. It will happen for you too just hang in there.

~~~Stephanie

It took me 18 fills but my stomach kept getting leaner as I was loosing weight. 18 fills is not the norm but some people definitely need lots of Fluid in their band for good restriction. Don't get discouraged' date=' just keep going to the doc and getting more fills! You'll get there.[/quote']

18 fills how big of a band do you have?!?!

& thanks everyone for your reply, it means alot.

It starts out slow, or so it seems. Just wait and just do what your dr has taught you. Stay off the scale and just ease in to your new life. Take it slow and you will do great.

Tamie

I've had my 2nd fill & no real restriction yet :( & only have lost 5pds since my surgery June 28th. Does it take several fills to get to what they call the green zone??? I now have 6.5 cc in my band right now & was told I have a 10cc band' date=' I guess I need the full 10 lol[/quote']

It does take time. The key to it working is having the right surgeon place it right. I had mine put in 8 years ago August 24, 2013. I have lot a total of 90 lbs., with in two years. It came off slow, and I haven't gained any back.... One of my friends had her done about 9 months after me. She used a different surgeon, I begged her to use mine. But she didn't. She has only lost 15 lbs total.....

Ladyanne2323 I was banded on June 29th. I had my second fill on Saturday. Like you I still have no restriction. I am losing however it is slow. I count my calories and track everything on myfitnesspal. Bandster hell is a bit rough. Five pounds is great!!! Think of it like this... would you have lost the five pounds if you did not have the band and been conscious of your food? Next time you go shopping buy 5 1 lb bags of sugar. Put these next to your scale. The next time you weigh you will have a visual of what you are no longer carrying on your body. Those 5 1lb bags were on you and now they are not!! I call that amazing progress!!! Be proud and Celebrate the small steps. Enough of them result in giant leaps. Sometimes the visuals help me when I start to get down about the pounds moving to slow. Best wishes. We both have the green zone to look forward to!!!