Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1400 Calorie a day

Hey everyone.

I wanted to know what is everyone's daily caloric intake. 4 weeks ago my PA put me on a 1,000 calorie diet. And lets say I didnt do great on it towards the end once my appetite came back. Then when I saw my surgeon two weeks later he put me on a 1400-1500 calorie diet because he said my metabolism rate is higher and I needed to consume more calories and "kick" my body out of starvation mode. So on here I've seen people who eat around 900 cal - 1200 cal. And some who don't count calories at all. Now I don't know how I will consume this much once I've gotten a fill but I guess my body will adjust. I just wanted to see if anyone is eating this many calories AFTER being banded.

(Having your metabolism rate check is awesome btw, if you haven't had it done its pretty cool. I found out my body burns 2,174 calories resting, which as explained to me means my body would burn 2,174 calories if I never got of out bed. The you add calories for daily activity level and exercise. My metabolism is very high they said, which is a surprise to me! I always thought my metabolism was awful.)

I shoot for 1500 a day, but I am 6" and male.

I eat around 1,600 a day, but I'm male and exercise 6 days a week.

How do you check your metabolism

How do you check your metabolism

Im not exactly sure how the math is calculated but they hooked me up to a machine that measures your heart rate (?) and breathing. The machine measures oxygen intake and carbon dioxide out. Then based on that the machine calculates it comes up with your metabolism rate. I had to get that, as well as an iDXA scan in order to be approved for surgery.

I'm three years out from surgery and I eat about 1200 calories a day. I log everything on MFP and I do eat a few extra calories on hard workout days.

I had the resting metabolic testing done as part of my pre-op work up. My resting metabolic rate is only 1734 calories so you are one lucky woman!

I know I've got to cut my calories although to maintain my weight and not gain I could eat 2100 calories with moderate activity. I eat between 1500-1600 calories. I know as I lose weight my caloric intake should probably be less. I'm 5'8" tall so I'm tall considering.

I ate 600-700 and burned 500 each day while losing. Now that I am at goal, I eat 800-900 a day and still exercise each day. If I lose a little, I up my calorie intake a little. I am still trying to figure out the maintain thing.

I'll have to ask my doctor is he wants me to stay at 1400 calories once I get a fill. It seems like people are significantly lower than my calorie intake ( expect the 6ft males lol) If I go lower wont my body go back into starvation mode? Its all so confusing : /

Stay between 600-900 calories a day with exercise. I physically cannot eat anymore than that. I'm very satisfied and never feel hungry . Banded may 29th and down 43 pounds. Keep track of my calories and log food on "calorie counter".

Stay between 600-900 calories a day with exercise. I physically cannot eat anymore than that. I'm very satisfied and never feel hungry . Banded may 29th and down 43 pounds. Keep track of my calories and log food on "calorie counter".

Lori I'm like you! I'm 1 month post op and I take in 1000 with exercise. I'm down 35 lbs so far. Working on taking in more Water . I can't eat any more than that anyway . My tummy would be stuffed !!!

Lori I'm like you! I'm 1 month post op and I take in 1000 with exercise. I'm down 35 lbs so far. Working on taking in more Water . I can't eat any more than that anyway . My tummy would be stuffed !!!

Have you guys had fills yet?

Have you guys had fills yet?

I had my first fill already. Going for my second on aug 27 .