Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick of tuna kits for lunch!

I have been taking tuna kits to work since I was banded at the end of April, and well, I am tired of them! I am in a rut. Can you please give me some ideas that you bring for lunch or you run out to get during your lunch break. I need some fresh ideas.

Thanks in advance.

I carry a cooler with me every day because I'm a sales rep who spends most of the day in the car. For the most part, I pack the same thing every day-a sandwich (made with whole wheat flat "thins", Everoast chicken breast deli meat, a slice of the new extra thin cheese, olive oil mayo), thin sliced cucumber, a cheese stick, a Doctor Cracker crisp bread, small cup of natural applesauce and a 90 calorie Fiber One Brownie.

I know when the cooler is empty, I've had an appropriate amount of food for the day. The cooler has my lunch and Snacks so I don't stop anywhere to eat anything else.

I may start on the sandwich and get too full and finish it later in the day, and some days when the band feels tighter, I may bring some of the food home.

You could do Greek Yogurt, deli meat ( just remember, small bites and chew well!!! I can tell you from several bad stuck episodes!), string cheese and wheat crackers.

Good luck!

I have the option of cooking at work as we're there for 12 hours, so you may not be able to cook at work. But here are some things I eat at work.

Corned beef cooked in a crockpot, Sauteed shrimp over spaghetti squash, Avocado's, cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, oatmeal, Clif bars, Fresh fruit (grapes, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, apples )

If you like fish and have access to a Long John Silvers, they have a "hold the batter" cod plate thats really good and healthy.

Wendy's chili is pretty good. Thats about the extent of fast food for me.

Wednesday at home I made a big pot of Lentils with some onions/smoked jowl pieces and seasoning and had it all day. ( and still have some :) )

Thursday I took some Flounder filets, and we steamed them with some veggies at work.

Lloyd's pulled pork in individual serving sizes. Quick and easy.

I also make a package of ground turkey in to burgers that last a few days. I make a lettuce wrapped turkey burger with lite mayo and any other trimming. When I get to work I nook the burger for a few seconds and then enjoy!

Since you were just banded in April, I'm sure you are scared to venture out to some old foods like I was. Especially, since reheated food bothered me for a long time. Good snack/lunches for me were:

• cheese sticks
  • yogurt
  • soups
  • applesauce
  • chicken salad
  • frozen lean cuisines in sauce
  • sweet potato, mashed potatoes
  • tilapia
  • smoothies/protein shakes

Pretty much anything soft and not too dry was ok for the first year (for me).

I pretty much gave up meat because of health issues and because it was so hard for me to eat; especially red meat. Now, I just eat seafood & veggies.

Meals in the crockpot or casseroles were pretty good since its usually saucy.

i prepare my meals for the work week (measured/in fridge in single cups ready to grab and go..

chicken salad, fruit, veggies, baby meatloaf, beef patties, boiled eggs, Protein bars/apple sauce, sf puddings...

Weight Watchers Smart Ones

Progresso Light Soups

Turkey Pepperoni Slices

String cheese

chicken salad

Protein Shakes

Turkey Burgers

Salad

I usually have Soup, chili, egg salad, tuna salad, sometimes sushi. Yesterday I had a chopped salad with chicken, avocado, corn, mozzarella and balsamic vinaigrette...

I made some meatloaf balls made with turkey- they are perfect because I put them in the freezer and just take out one at a time.

I have been taking tuna kits to work since I was banded at the end of April, and well, I am tired of them! I am in a rut. Can you please give me some ideas that you bring for lunch or you run out to get during your lunch break. I need some fresh ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Oh dear! Why are you depriving yourself with such a limited diet? You've got to get creative, there are LOTS of things you can have for lunch! My doctor gave me a "cook book", just start preparing meals and freezing them since it's so hard to prepare small portions. I live on Lean Cuisine (I leave the Pasta, rice and other carb-rich items in the tray) the Protein included is the perfect amount for us. For example yesterday, I had the Lemon Pepper fish meal - I scraped off the coating on the fish, left the rice pilaf and ate the broccoli - it went down easy and kept me full for 4 hours. Today I am having the BBQ chicken, I will leave the potatoes and only eat the chicken and carrots. I also buy already prepared Tyson chicken breasts and keep them at work. The portion sizes are exactly what is required for a serving of Protein for us. Girl, you better start finding new things or you're not going to be as successful as you otherwise would. Even worse, it could cause you to make poor food choices before long. Get out there and make it happen!!!

I usually have Soup, chili, egg salad, tuna salad, sometimes sushi. Yesterday I had a chopped salad with chicken, avocado, corn, mozzarella and balsamic vinaigrette...

YUMMY!!!!

i prepare my meals for the work week (measured/in fridge in single cups ready to grab and go..

chicken salad, fruit, veggies, baby meatloaf, beef patties, boiled eggs, Protein bars/apple sauce, sf puddings...

You're lucky...my band will not tolerate boiled eggs. Epic fail!

Hi there. There isn't much else for me to add. Seems like you are pretty covered with food choices. Good luck to happy eating.

You're lucky...my band will not tolerate boiled eggs. Epic fail!

eggs are tricky for me too. I can eat eggs any way one day, and then can't the next. Its annoying! lol