Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from a Lurker...

I've been lurking here for awhile and I've decided you all are wonderful. I'm scheduled to be banded September 11, 2013. I'm so excited...and terrified at the same time. It's been so helpful seeing people on here talk about all the issues that scare me. How you support each other is so awesome.

I've struggled with weight issues since I was a kid. I've done all the diets with temporary successes. It's frustrating. I've struggled with the decision to have a bariatric surgery. "It's cheating. I can do it on my own. blah blah blah...." But, somewhere deep in my mind, it clicked. And, I started reading. It's not the easy way out. It's not cheating...and clearly I cannot do it on my own. So, to the complete shock of my primary care provider...I started the process. She's thrilled. I'm thrilled. My friends who know what's going on are thrilled! I'm surrounded by supportive people. I'm ready.

So, here's to a new "banded" life. Here's to no blood pressure meds, lower doses of pain meds for my arthritis, better sleep, more energy, and happier days! Let the fun begin.

Thanks for being here to answer questions the past few weeks...even if you didn't know you were doing it. I hope you'll continue to be around...I will :)

Have a great day!

Hi Aunt Di,

Thanks for reaching out and congrats on your decision to be banded. I know the decision and the process to move forward doesn't come easily.

I love this board, it has been a great source of insipration, motivation and support for me as well. I wish I had found it long ago, I had so many questions as we (the hubby and I) were making our decision and going through the process, I would have loved to ask people on this board who are so awesome, honest and supportive in their responses I have just had to step up and do the same.

Hope to hear from you more as you move forward.

Congrats on your decision, Lurker! And congrats on your first post! I'm getting banded on Saturday.

hello there! Congrats on your decision and surgery date! :P

Im hoping for a september date very very soon. :rolleyes:

this is a WONDERFUL place...i haven't been here long but Ive found some wonderful people here who are very supportive and have great advice.... :wub:

I stay away from the naysayers---seems as though there are quite a few of them who creep around here! :ph34r:

wishing you all the best...look forward to following your success!

Best of luck and success in your journey! Yes....you can!

You and other newbies are one of the main reasons I participate here. I've had my band for 7 years and for a long time took it for granted. When I read posts by people like you who have just made the decision or someone who just got their band, I am reminded of just how badly I wanted this and how excited I was. I need to maintain that motivation level, so you are helping me. It also helps me to read those really bitter, angry posts by folks who did not get the results they wanted. I am reminded by them that I have to do my part and this is not a magic wand to turn me into a Barbie doll. And I have to follow the rules, respect the band and take care of it. It can be damaged and that damage can have serious consequences. So, as I Celebrate my success and the success of others, I get a little dose of excitement, caution, and motivation, as well.

Welcome! Learn as much as you can so you can find the success you have sought all your life!

Shelly

How exciting. :D I'm glad you made the decision to make you healthier. Believe me, it will be worth it in the end. I have osteo and I'm happy to say that I haven't taken any medication for it in right about a year now. Do I still hurt? Heck yes but not the endless amounts of pain I had when I was a lot bigger. I just take the pain and keep going. I do however keep a bottle of Equate Arthritis Pain Relief in my purse the equivalent of Tylenol. I have had that bottle for like two years and probably need to throw it away because well I don't use them any more. It is so amazing. I am so happy for you and welcome to the board. Thanks for coming out of the closet lol hahahaha :lol:.

:) You've said it all. Have a happy healthy future and hoping you LOVE your band as I LOVE mine! :wub: