Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

iv been suggested this site from a friend of a friend and im so greatful as im the only person i know who has had weight loss surgery, meaning im feeling pretty alone when it comes to my emotions and wondering if im going a little crazy but also the practical side of things and having tips ftom people who have been there. My biggest issues at the moment are the pain in my shoulder, i know that im only 2 days post op but please tell me this goes away some time soon!!! Im also having problems sleeping, any suggestions please??

Best thing to do is walk, the night of my surgery I was in a lot of pain and discomfort and I went for a walk around the block 3 times and got a massage the next day (gentle and only on the showlder) and that really helped me; the best think to do is walk as much as you can. My first few days I was walking 3 to 4 times a day.

iv been suggested this site from a friend of a friend and im so greatful as im the only person i know who has had weight loss surgery' date=' meaning im feeling pretty alone when it comes to my emotions and wondering if im going a little crazy but also the practical side of things and having tips ftom people who have been there. My biggest issues at the moment are the pain in my shoulder, i know that im only 2 days post op but please tell me this goes away some time soon!!! Im also having problems sleeping, any suggestions please??[/quote']

The shoulder pain will go away within a few days. Mine started the third day post op and seemed to last the rest of the week. Make sure to do a lot of walking :)

As for sleeping, what is the problem?

Never had the shoulder pain, but as for pain at night I took the pain medication especially at night, then only at night.

I think iv found the solution for sleep in the form of my sofa. I think as my beds very flat ut was putting pressure on my stomach but being propped up on the sofa is the most comfortable so il stick with that in these early days. Im taking my pain meds at the times iv been told so guess i need to just get in a good routine with them.

Hi Sam! Congratulations ! I am 4 days post op and the gas/ shoulder pain is subsiding!!!! Walk walk walk and small sips of fluids. I feel a lot better today than I have so far. Hang in there!!!

I'm 2 wks post op and my pain issues really went away around day 4-5. It was then that I could prop a pillow behind me and sleep in my side, which was heaven. Good luck & know that you only have a couple more days before it gets SO much better!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I must admit not beibg able to sleep on my side is hell!!! I was worried in my sleepless state at about 3am this morning that i would never again have a goid nites sleep and it would always feel that im carrying a rock in chest, but great to hear others who have been there and come through the other side!!! Im also glad to report the shoulder pain has gone, yay!!!! Its just the constant feeling of being full on a very small amount of Water that is bothering me but im guessing thats just swelling as iv not actually had any fills yet. Anyway all iv managed since my op is water, was anyone else the same as this?

Post op day 3 here, banded 7/11/13. The shoulder and neck pain is just the gas from when they blow up your abdomen during surgery starting to escape your body. I have very little pain from that today. Other replies are right the more you walk the better it feels, am down to one pain pill and one anti-nasuea about every 6 or 7 hours or so. The Protein Shakes is hardest for me to get down, dr wants me to drink at least 48 oz of Water a day plus 3 4oz Protein shakes a day. I have yet to get to 3 protein shakes a day just because it gets to be too much, water I get between 20-30 oz or so... have helped to sip low sodium chicken broth just as something different to keep hydrated with