Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am being banded on Wednesday and plan to go back to work the following Monday. I have a desk job no lifting or any thing physical. I would like to know if you folks think this will be ok. You've been throughout it already!???Š Thank you!

You may find that you tire more easily. I would have given it at least a week, more to learning the after band eating programs, but I wish you good luck.

I would definitely say at least one week. Everyone responds differently to the pain and despite pain thresholds, previous surgery experience etc you'll find the discomfort inevitable. Some residual pains such as entrapped gas peak 4-6 days after surgery and that in of itself can make working super difficult (even at a desk). Others discover their bodies are ultra sensitive initially to the band and feel nauseated, acid reflux symptoms, prolonged pain etc. Waiting it out a week to learn how you are going to tolerate and recover from the procedure is better than going to work prematurely and exasperating the pain.

I thought I would be able to go back to work before a week too, but I was wrong (desk job). I went back after a week and I was very tired by the end of the day. If it's possible to leave the option to go back later open that would be the best.

I am being banded on Wednesday and plan to go back to work the following Monday. I have a desk job no lifting or any thing physical. I would like to know if you folks think this will be ok. You've been throughout it already!😊 Thank you!

You can try to plan to go back in five days but know that it might not be enough time for you. I had a pretty good recovery....not lots of pain or gas but no way was I ready to go back to work that soon. I was fortunate in that I was able to work from home. I didn't go back into the office for two weeks.

Thank you for our feedback! Sounds like I may be pushing it to go back that soon.

I definetly wasn't ready after a week , but everyones different :)

My surgery was on a Monday, and thought that surely the following Monday I'd be ready to go back to work. I also have a desk job. Before I went out I told everyone, no lifting, no getting on my knees to to fix the copier or hook up anyone's computer. On Saturday I drove to the grocery alone, to test myself, plus I was tired of asking for help. By Monday I was still having back pain and very weak, so I worked half days (on boss's orders) through Wednesday. By Thursday I bit the bullet and stayed all day.

Pay attention to your body. Do what you feel you can, but don't set yourself back. It took a good month to get my strength back, but now I feel great.

Best wishes. I'm sure you'll do fine.

I had my surgery on Friday , July 5 and I'm going to be off for 10 days going back on July 15 th...

Thank you for your responses. I am rethinkg how soon I go back to work.

I am being banded on Wednesday and plan to go back to work the following Monday. I have a desk job no lifting or any thing physical. I would like to know if you folks think this will be ok. You've been throughout it already!ðŠ Thank you!

was banded June 14th and even though im a teacher and off summers I drove the 2 days later and shopped in Wal mart. I didn't get tired but if you are sitting all day I don't see the problem

i was banded on a wed and also planned on going back to work the next monday...i ended taking the whole next week off (and boy i was sure glad i did for #2 and left shoulder and being tired)..i am also like the others, working at a desk and use a pc/phone all day...but i think some can go back to work sooner than some and way to go if you can...just judge your body and go back when ready

Go with how you feel. I was banded on a Thursday and went back to work training teachers the following Monday. I was a little tired and the gas pains still snuck up on me, but overall I felt fine. It felt even better to get out of the house and feel like a real person again. I would say if you're still taking pain meds and are really still uncomfortable then don't push it, but know that it's not unheard of.

Listen to your body. I was banded on the first but I'm still tired. I have a conference in NYC tomorrow but I'm rescheduling, no way can I get on a bus and walk ny streets.

I was banded on the first also and could never have hone back today. Way too tired plus I had an infection. I go back to the drs tomorrow for my post op appt but I don't anticipate being back at work before the 15th. Listen to your body.