Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op band. So many questions

I had lap band on 6/3 with hostel hernia repair. I have no appetite at all which I love but trying to stay hydrated. I feel more bloated then I did before surgery. Sorry to be gross but my Farts are watery and the my belly is sore as well as shoulder and neck area. I on liquid only and have hard time drinking cause I feel so full. What should I expect this week?

I also can't burp. How much weight are people losing in first few weeks?

I had my surgery the 28th of May and I just today felt the weight lifted off my chest, I also had a hernia repair. I also don't feel gassy today. But I do still have some pain in my belly, in the muscle area. As far as weight loss I've loss none since surgery they say it is from Water retention and not to worry about weight loss right now, just to focus on healing. Other than that I'm doing good it got a little better each day, but I can say I feel a lot better today. Good luck

~~~Stephanie

Shoulder and neck pain are most likely from gas - Gas X works great and you can also use a heating pad. For me my appetite didn't really come back until the 2nd week but important to stay hydrated and get your Protein in. I used my leftover medifast shakes during the first week. I lost 14 pounds in the first week. Good luck!

Are you walking? I here the walking REALLY helps move the gas....

Shoulder and neck pain are most likely from gas - Gas X works great and you can also use a heating pad. For me my appetite didn't really come back until the 2nd week but important to stay hydrated and get your Protein in. I used my leftover medifast shakes during the first week. I lost 14 pounds in the first week. Good luck!

Thank you! 14 lbs. that's great. I feel like I have to lose since I'm not eating yet but too bloated to notice. I don't think I had a fill during surgery but maybe gas keeping me full. Do u know how I fill out profile? Did u have loose farts? Everyte I fart, it's like Water. Yuk. Will that make me dehydrated?

Walking do help after I walked the mall one day the next morning I felt much better

I'm trying a little each day and I'm moving around the house. I have a 1 yr old and it hurts when I pick him up but don't have a choice. Thanks for ur answers

The gas will dissipate. It's really not in your intestines, just flosting around in your abdomen. It was put there to allow the surgeon to get to your organs during surgery. The pain in your shoulder and neck are from that. It can take quite a while to go away, or it could be gone tomorrow. Everyone is diferent. Just keep taking sips of fluids constantly and you'll stay hydrated. I didn't concern myself with anything by staying hydrated for the first several days. You REALLY should not be lifting anything heavy, including your one year old. Try and find an alternative to lifting him/her. You've had major surgery. You'll feel better each day unless you overdo things.

Thank you everyone. I had help with the baby but not much anymore but I'm trying not to pick him up a lot. He's 25lbs and it hurts. I just drank a cup of broth and feel way to full. Too much maybe

what about pain under left breast. has anyone had this. when I walk or move I have to press my hand against this area.

what about pain under left breast. has anyone had this. when I walk or move I have to press my hand against this area.

Use a hearing pad, works good???„