Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

:) I felt having a band today. Don't know if it was the heat or lack of calories or combination I foolishly decided to go shopping with a preteen and teen age girl. Prior to the surgery I could shop for hours without taking a break to sit. Today I was looking to sit at every bench and so hot it felt like the mall had no ac. Granted I'm 1 week post op And we walked for over 2.5 hrs I was wiped out so not like me.

I was the same way until I got onto mushies and then my energy came back. I went to Ikea after 1 week and I had to sit several times. Now 2 weeks post-op I have no energy blocks. I can walk anywhere no problem. It will get easier.

well tomorrow morning i will wake up unusually early (assuming I can fall asleep) and walk over to the hospital (it's just a few blocks from my house) to check in at 6:30am. excited/nervous for sure, but those words hardly capture what i'm feeling.

i was hoping I'd have lost 20lbs before surgery - it seemed for a while like that was in reach but the scale hasn't moved in 3 days, so it looks like I'll be 17lbs down pre-surgery (12 of that on the 2 week pre op diet). the last couple of nights i've been having terrible headaches - not sure what that's about or if it's related. i know i'm not dehydrated, that's for sure.

whatever lies ahead - if i'm not back on later in the day, i'll catch y'all on the flipside! good luck to my fellow 7/11 banders!

Good Luck, Aviva!! You will be fine. 17 or 20 it is very close. It will not matter!

My surgery date is July 24th, just 2 weeks away!

I go back for my follow up on Tuesday,July 16 th. I think they will take my bandages off and check my port area. Making my appt for my 3 wk fill this week .

They just called and gave me my appointment for my fill. Im still waiting on the pre-op nurse to call me.

I was banded yesterday and I'm in more pain then I expected. Mostly when I'm up moving around. I just went for my UGI and everything looks good so I can finally start on Clear Liquids for lunch. I'm still really tired and can't wait to go home to my bed lol.

Congrats on being banded! I was in more pain than expected too :( I'm sorry to hear it's the same for you. Your bed will feel wonderful! Hang in!

Ok so today I went to see my pcp doctor for my pre-op appt. she was so rude!! She was mad about the pre-op orders from another doctor. I think mostly because she didnt refer me' date=' but I've been asking her for 3 years. I did my homework on my bariatric doc. She said I've had too many patients who were unsuccessful and it's not a quick. That lap band was the most unsuccessful of all the bariatric surgeries. She didnt think I would be disciplined enough to stick with the life change. She went on and on with such negativity about it.

All I could think was I'm not going to let her deter me and that when this is all over I'll be switching pcp doctors.[/quote']

I'm so sorry to hear that! The negativity I ran into during my process was disgusting. But, it did motivate me to show them how wrong they were! People in the healthcare field just have no filter and I swear the term bedside manner is nonexistent anymore. Can you do your diet docs at your surgeons office? Find a PCP who supports you! You can do this and lapbands ARE successful. It's not the "type" of surgery that is successful vs. unsuccessful. It's how much work the patient behind that surgery puts into it. We aren't a surgeries. We are people.

well tomorrow morning i will wake up unusually early (assuming I can fall asleep) and walk over to the hospital (it's just a few blocks from my house) to check in at 6:30am. excited/nervous for sure' date=' but those words hardly capture what i'm feeling.

i was hoping I'd have lost 20lbs before surgery - it seemed for a while like that was in reach but the scale hasn't moved in 3 days, so it looks like I'll be 17lbs down pre-surgery (12 of that on the 2 week pre op diet). the last couple of nights i've been having terrible headaches - not sure what that's about or if it's related. i know i'm not dehydrated, that's for sure.

whatever lies ahead - if i'm not back on later in the day, i'll catch y'all on the flipside! good luck to my fellow 7/11 banders![/quote']

I'm thinkin of you!!!! Please keep us posted!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about your next step in this journey. You're going to do wonderfully. Keep focusing on you!

Tomato Soup, anyone?

Does anyone or is anyone permitted to have Tomato Soup on their pre-op and/or post op diet? I progressed to my "full liquids" phase yesterday, I am a week post op. I'm allowed: Protein Shakes, broth, sf pudding, yogurt, tomato soup, and ff cream Soups.

I've always LOVED tomato soup. So I was very excited about being able to have it. Today while having my daily serving, I kept thinking "this stuff is like crack!" Then I began thinking...something is wrong here, it shouldn't taste this good...I know that sounds so screwed up but hear me out.

Then I looked at the nutrition label. Per half cup, there are TWELVE grams of sugar! I'm a sugar addict. This can't be right. I know my surgeon's office wouldn't steer me wrong, but I'm just baffled/really really bummed now. I feel like I'm just not allowed to enjoy food anymore.

Thoughts?

Maggie

I actually just had some Tomato soup!!! I read on here someone had it so I just bought it today!! I wasn't on just liquids I was high Protein and low carb and I just figured since it was liquid I was okay.. Surgery is tomorrow. I did good on my pre op diet every now and then I munched on some trail mix and one day I had some Peanut Butter on crackers because I was so light headed. Overall I lost weight and I can see I lost weight so I'm not worried. I am so excited though for tomorrow it's insane I have no idea how I will sleep with all this excitement

Tomato Soup, anyone?

Does anyone or is anyone permitted to have Tomato Soup on their pre-op and/or post op diet? I progressed to my "full liquids" phase yesterday, I am a week post op. I'm allowed: Protein Shakes, broth, sf pudding, yogurt, tomato soup, and ff cream Soups.< /p>

I've always LOVED tomato soup. So I was very excited about being able to have it. Today while having my daily serving, I kept thinking "this stuff is like crack!" Then I began thinking...something is wrong here, it shouldn't taste this good...I know that sounds so screwed up but hear me out.

Then I looked at the nutrition label. Per half cup, there are TWELVE grams of sugar! I'm a sugar addict. This can't be right. I know my surgeon's office wouldn't steer me wrong, but I'm just baffled/really really bummed now. I feel like I'm just not allowed to enjoy food anymore.

Thoughts?

Maggie

i'm sure this falls into the bucket of "varies by person/their doc&nutri team" but my nutri to just be on the lookout for no more than 12-14g of sugar in one meal. so if it was 12g in 1/2 a cup and that was the full meal i'd be ok. that said, i don't like tomato soup :)

Guess I can be glad I don't like Tomato soup! Was forced to eat it as a kid, now it's on my no way list! Either way enjoy!

I wonder if they have a lower sugar or organic Tomato Soup that I just haven't paid more attention to? Hmmm. Thanks for the input everyone! I will definitely be consulting my nutritionist.

My surgery almost got cancelled tomorrow by the cardiologist. She felt my resting heart rate was a few % lower than it should be for my age. I started crying on the phone. I begged not cancel and the cardio said I had to follow up with her......whew crisis avoided!!!

Lol if they had postponed it I would've ran to the quickest burger joint!!

On another note I'm not understanding the need for 2 bottles of laxatives and 2 enemas that I have to do tonight. The first bottle I almost threw up.