Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

My knee feels pretty good. Matter of fact' date=' I don't think I need a walker, but I will continue to use it until I'm told to give it up.

My main problem is my sciatic, it is killing me, much more than my knee. Hopefully this too will pass. Thank goodness for pain meds.

I tend to fall asleep in the middle of typing and wake up and start again, it can happen 3-4 times in one post. Thats why I may not address all of you, I confused, lol.

Just know I love you all and wish you all the very best this world has to offer.

BTW, I met my home health nurse today and even though she is very nice, I would like to fire her. She washes her hands to takemy dressing off and then proceeds to go through her paper work using her pen, touching everything. Also put gauze out on the seat of my hubs recliner, where he eats, drinks and snores, with nothing between gauze and chair.Gross!!!! She didn't know how to put my circulation stockings on, which I have to say are quite a fashion statement, I had to show her.

Three times she insisted I needed to sign Medicare release, do I look 65yo??? I DO NOT HAVE MEDICARE!!!!

She has got to go.

ok, enough of my bitching.

Off to Pinterest........

ttyl ♥[/quote']

Oh no she didn't! Want me to come set things straight? #mafiadoesitbest

Oh no she didn't! Want me to come set things straight? #mafiadoesitbest

LMAO

PT was just here, can I say owwwwwiiiiee.

No pain, no gain. Therapy every day for 3 wks.

I hated to like your post Janet. Sorry PT is so rough! Hang in there my friend!

Good Evening All...

Just a fast catch up...

Janet, sad I did not receive any under the influence texts...but so happy you are home and making progress with your recovery.

Yes, PT can be painful, but you get back your mobility a day at a time. I had 2 hours of PT 4 days a week for 25 weeks, and went from a wheelchair to a cane. It is so worth it...

Perhaps it would help to consult with a pain management doctor to look for ways to calm the nerves which are now inflamed and acting up? That is not pain meds, but alternatives...

Anyway, just sooo happy you are home!

Terri, I am about at the end of my rope...with the kitchen. Trying my best to stay calm and sane...who are you making the scrap books for? Yourself and/ or other family members? I wish I had the artistic talents to do that!

Michelle, the power of positive thinking...look to your past performances to predict future success. You will pass if you prepare. Based on your posts over the past year, you will be prepared for success. Keep us posted on your progress!

Dawn, yes, sic the new warrior dog on the misbehaving neighbors, if you think it is safe for both of you. I can't wait for you to be moved away from that war zone. Stay safe! BTW, how is your back feeling?

Dee, sometimes you have to be appropriately assertive with husbands to help them stay diet compliant with a heart healthy regimen. I know I did...and it helped that I was already well educated to the nutrition labels. If it is not on his diet, it should not be in the house...not even for the kids. There is an opportunity for them to grow up eating better, too. That is what I had to do with Jack...and praise God...so far so good.

Diane, I hope that all is well in your world....

Trying to get over to the rec center to exercise now. Amazing last evening to see a doe and her 2 fawns along side the path around the center. They were eating the apples which had fallen off the tree. I got 20 f as I walked at a fast pace

#%^+ iPad again...

That is, I got to within 20 ft of the deer before they went back into the forest.

I wished I had a camera...

And Janet, don't be shy about educating the nurse. The absolute last thing you need to contend with now is an infection of any sort. Just because they are an RN or LPN does not make them experts on preventing infections. J/s...I once had open wounds on my ankle and had to go for bone scans at the hospital. The tech removed the dressings from my wounds to conduct the scans, and then made no effort to replace them. I told him he was insane if he thought I would take a single step without the dressing being changed and replaced. He was very unhappy, and ask me if I cared?

Have a great evening...and a better Monday!

Good Monday morning ladies,

I hope everyone has a great start to their week.

Today will be my first day home alone, yeah.

RN coming to change dressings and yes Carole, I will stand up for my own health.

I also will check into pain management, ice is great on knee, its the sciatic that is driving me nuts.All & all I am pleased with my new knee.

Everyone have a great day!

I hated to like your post Janet. Sorry PT is so rough! Hang in there my friend!

Keeping our eyes on the prize!!!

I'll be able to stow away in your steamer trunk, lol.

I'll have to buy a steamer trunk in that case! Up early like me. We got a hang up call from Duke Hospital at 7:00 am and I have been wide awake ever since. I wish people would dial more carefully!

Scrapbooks are for me and my descendants should they be interested. I have tons, just a bit behind at present.

Have a good week everyone!

I'll have to buy a steamer trunk in that case! Up early like me. We got a hang up call from Duke Hospital at 7:00 am and I have been wide awake ever since. I wish people would dial more carefully!

Scrapbooks are for me and my descendants should they be interested. I have tons, just a bit behind at present.

Have a good week everyone!

I'd never fit in a regular suitcase.j/s

Oh my! So adorable! How can you stand it? BTW, how is Ange doing?

We need a new picture of you at -100!

Good Morning all...

Janet, Delaney Rose is beyond adorable! I hope she enjoys her school year...and very good to read that you will be appropriately assertive with the so called nurse.

I remember my first day home alone post surgery with my feet...it was almost a relief after so many days of constant care. You will do fine...and if you get bored, text away!

Terri, I guess you realize as I do that the differences between the generations are growing wider. My sons are on a mission to make their lives as paperless as possible. They will never own a set of encyclopedias...but I refuse to give mine up, as when I was a child one of my favorite pastimes was to read them. Yet we must do things to make us happy as well. So, scrap book away!

A cloudy and rainy morning here...but I am not complaining. Reminds me of our years in Seattle...good times!

Have a great Monday...BBL...hugs!

Hi, Ladies,

C Mom, you are doing amazing. I am in awe of your strength and determination. So happy recovery is going well. It does sound like that nurse needs to GO!!! No one treats my C Mom that way!!! :D Btw, Delaney is a DOLL! What a pretty name too. How is Ange feeling? My vinyl creations I ordered from Paula were a big hit with Audrey and my bf, Patricia. :)

Skinny Mini Mouse... you will definitely be in my thoughts as you prepare for the next huge step in your journey. You are so smart and so driven I have faith you will do well. I know it is difficult but you seem to flourish in being challenged. :)

Terri, sounds like things are going well for you. (except the rain). I am glad you are doing well. Scrapbooking is a good source of fun and escape too. :) I will have to consider letting "killer" out to protect me in this neighborhood o' mine. ha! He has a very deep bark and can be very intimidating.

Dee, how's everyone doing? I hope the Dee household is healthy and doing well. Are the kids back to school this week? Hang in there with school, my friend. :) You got this!

Diane, I hope the move is going well and everyone will be settling in soon. How are YOU doing these days?

Carole, thanks for your concern. I hope to be moving in a couple months. It's all dependent on whether my job will allow me to work 5 days remotely. I am just starting to train in a new area and I need to get through that before considering that. As it is, I will be working remotely 2 days per week. I am off this week for moving the kids off, Audrey's 18th bday today, and Ericka coming home late Thurs. Today she is exploring Machu Pichu in Peru. :) She is having the time of her life.

My ex was going to help move Audrey in Wed and that's not happening, nor is he helping Sunday with Ericka. Doing it alone, yet again. :( He was supposed to come see Audrey yesterday to Celebrate her bday but was "too tired" from work so she spent a good part of yesterday and the day before in tears. Ugh.

Anyway, I am excited the kids are starting another great year and sooooo excited to see Ericka in a few days. :) Have a great day!!!

Oooh Dawn, Franc and I will see Machu Picchu in January. I will be interested in how Ericka liked it!

Sorry about the ex.... they do that and have no idea how much it hurts the girls!

Janet, how was PT today.. still oowiee?

Carole, I do realize that the kids will likely not be interested in the family pictures, but I do it anyhow. I have over 25 albums and counting. Back to quilting soon, I feel it coming on!

Doreen, be mean if you have to to get Charlie's attention. You guys need him healthy!

Minimi is off studying so she can ace that CPA exam! You can do it girlfriend.

Finally seems to have stopped raining here... at least temporarily! I hope tomorrow is better. The granddaughters are coming to swim on Sunday so the pool needs to warm back up from the overnight 60's we have been having... yes in August. Weird summer.

TTYL ladies!