Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Morning, wish I could say TGIF! Been a hectic week, packing and moving, but almost done. Nothing new here same ole boring life, day to day routine getting to be pretty regular. Consistency is the key, two weeks without Aricept, less agitated but pleasantly confused. I guess you have to weigh all options. Who do we give them the meds for us or them. My motto stands, it is what it is! I think I become more cynical daily. Maybe age, maybe just the cards I am playing at the minute. Drawing up plans to add on two bedrooms and expand kitchen. What am I crazy but need about 1000 more Sqft so we can all tolerate each other.

Janet glad your doing well post op and you look amazing.

Terri, I sometime feel and do eat like a horse and than I have day where I throw up more than I take in, so goes the life of a bandster.

Carole, glad your back and band intact. I hate these fall mornings, I want my summer back, I missed it some where this year.

Dee, how is hubby?

Dawn I love the new pooch on FB. Such a cutie!

Mini, you are doing so well. Are you on FB?

Gotta go morning starts! Gotta stop her before she plays in traffic !!!

Love you all!

Thoughts and prayers with Janet this morning! Hope all is going well!

I got home from the hospital at 5pm today, yay.

I need a long winters nap.

Everyone (nurses, aides and PT ppl) were all very impressed by my therapy. They're happy just to have you stand and then sit in a chair. I took a walk down to the nurse station and back. Also walked everyday to the PT room.

The only problem I had, my room was right across from stair well and all I know is that a lot of ppl take the stairs, with the door slamming every time.

Good to be home!!!! Nurse coming tomorrow.

Dawn, cute dog.

Terri, sorry about the a/c

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers, they definitely worked.

Quick fly by! Cmom how are u? So cute in your hospital gown and smile!

Work and school are so crazy busy this week I have no time left for me!

Negotiations are at a stand still until managing partners get back from vacation. Only 10 days left of school! A crazy 10 days filled will online live presentations etc!

Miss hanging with u guys!

Bye for now!

Good Morning Everyone....~hugs~ all around...

Funny only seem to get ral quie time on Saturday mornings right now...but I couldn't wait to see what all you all shared here that we ont on FB !!! and I seen 3 pages....I was excited t read each post !!!!

Carole and Michele than you for your thoughts it really makes sence...and Terrie I hope relaons with yours gets better also...Im at peace with it all...I know I have dne my best..and I have my grand daughter who is soon to be 15 on FB O yea and my son....lol

Janet !!! I am sooo impressed with you....you are wonder woman....and Terri is so righ you look tiny in that BIG bed...but so happy ....I love it...looking at the pic makes me smile...O Terri so sorry about the A/C unit...I couldn't even imagine a bill like that...WOW

Dawn....the empty nest...that's wen I started my fostering journey and I smiled whn I seen your new foster doggie !!! He is a beautiful dog...do you think you ill keep him...??

Diane happy your back and still o busy...keeps us on track

My week has bee ....wild...went back to class Monday and left it bawling...sign u for the test was that night and math wise im no where close for it...and then the teacher was doing a problem o the board...and a few of the others were rattling the answers and to me t was like...WTH...I have NO idea....so the tears started...just a lil to much on my plate right now...so I will keep going to classes and take the test the next time....

I did get the boys school shopping done that was a fun day !!!

Got lots of fitbit steps in too...

Charlie came down with a stomach bug...went to see his cardio dr and he wants him starting cardio rehab for 2 weeks before he will allow him back to work..~sighs~ I did get him to take another small walk with me last night...key word there is small...LOL

Today Im going to a wedding with my sister Im so excited to be getting dressed up for a change an spending us time with NO KIDS !!! School starts here Thursday so I have been busy with last mins things...

One more thing...would some one print m out the list of ddys again for this group...I cant rint off this piece of junk computer..and I cant even find it on here....love ya all !!!

Janet..Michele...Terri..Carole..Dawn...Diane...please tell me I got ya all !

quick fly by as well, happy Saturday everyone of you fabulous ladies!

Janet, so happy for your recovery and progress coming along so well. Glad you are home!!!

Terri, how's the scrapbooking (sorry, if my memory fails me) coming along? I got a bug to do that a few years ago and for every holiday or anniversary, etc. I would give Brad a couple more pages... I stopped and need to get back at that. :) So much for me giving you my quilt colors, heehee.

Carole, I will be so happy when your kitchen is done. It is so stressful whilst under construction and without having a fully functioning kitchen. However, I imagine it will be beautiful once it's done. How's your band treating you.

Michelle, how exciting that school is winding down (even if it darn near kills you in the process). Your family must be so proud of their very driven mom!!! :)

Dee, I hope Charlie's recovery is coming along. Try not to fret over where you are at with Math. I have been out of high school for 24 years and cannot remember hardly anything of what I used to know. Kind of like not beating ourselves up over our (former) weight. We can only work on improving and move forward. Think how long you have been out of school and give yourself more credit. Regardless of what level you are at, you are doing it and that's what's important. And btw, NOOOOO WAY, not adopting "Symba" my foster doggy. He is very sweet but has ISSUES. He is very protective of his crate so, thankfully, the weather is ideal (70's) so I have his crate in the garage as he seems less stressed in it away from my dogs, he also is dog aggressive so I have to rotate the dogs around my little house to keep them separate. Definitely will have to go to an only dog home. Other than that he is very sweet and affectionate and the former owners were not forth coming about his aggressive issues! :(

Have a great day, doggy is whining.

Good Morning all...

Janet, so happy you are home now. A hospital is no place to get well...IMO. Both times in 2011 when I was inpatient I pleaded and begged to be allowed to go home. We know what our bodies need, and for me it was peace, quiet, and home cooked meals which looked, smelled, and tasted like they were fresh and not out of a can somewhere.

Because you have lost so much weight to date, your recovery will be easier. I could not mention that on FB, but my other friend did not go into her surgeries at a healthy weight, and she did experience some complications post op. You are on your way now! Please continue to keep us posted on your progress!

Terri, sorry to read about the boat repairs...as with a house, it does always seem to be something to repair! Hence the first part of our trip to Madeira Beach to complete adjustments and reinforcements to the brand new boat lift...I also know that my hunger has returned, but I don't see myself opting for any fills. I don't want to make another emergency trip to Ashville to get my band emptied again. I'm still watching my portions, and drinking a lot of water...

My last appointment with my PCP was an eye opener, in that he shared that he had a patient who chose to have her band removed as she lost all her desired weight, but the port was visible. She wanted to wear bikini's, chose to have her band removed, and then ended up regaining her weight and then some. Not the situation I want to find myself in...

Dee, so glad that you made it back to your classes. Is there any way that you could join a study group with other students in the class? I know that concept was popular with my sons as they went through school. It was extra help and training for all the members in the group. Keep after Charlie to do the correct things and follow his doctor's instructions. Take a day at a time...you are a strong woman, and you will prevail!

Dawn, cute little foster dog you have now! I did not realize that you fostered dogs. What a great community contribution that is! Seriously, when is moving day for you? I would be scared of going home to the " hood"...not a place to feel safe in your own home. How is Audry's move coming along?

Diane, so glad that you checked in with us...you are adding on to your current home? That would be a great solution, and the extra space will help all of you. I know you know how important it is to take a day or a minute at a time...take good care of you, too!

Michelle...you are on your glide path to completing your studies now. That has to make you feel a huge sense of accomplishment! What will you do with all your spare time when you no longer have to spend time with your books? I'm certain you will have no difficulties with the adjustment!

So, the weather has been glorious to say the very least...it is August and I have been driving with my sunroof open every trip. Unheard of in Florida unless it is during the Winter months...

The kitchen is definitely making progress. The stone fabricators are coming next week for final measurements. All of the bottom cabinets are in, and now we are working on the top ones. Jack is enjoying doing the instillation. He will need a couple of strong young men who want to earn some extra money to help and get the double wall oven mounted into the cabinet, and to get the former range and pantry cabinets downstairs, but other than that it has been just us. Happily, there is a small college in Banner Elk at the base of the mountain, and friends of ours have directed us to the community liaison to get the assistance of a couple of students when we need it.

I know I will appreciate it all when the work is completed, and have a working sink, microwave, and pantry all in the same room again...it's the little things which mean so much!

I hope all have a great Saturday and weekend...big hugs and love to all...

Hello all!

So glad you ask about my spare time. Im not quite out of the woods Yet.

I'm taking a week off then I study for the CPA exam. After I sit for the exam in October and November then I am off. IF I pass the exam first time out them I will be done for good. If I DON'T pass then I have to back to school for 4 months to get an extra 24 credits and re-sit for the exam. So as you can see I NEED to pass the exam. California law changes in Jan 2014 so that is why I have to pass this time.

I get a stomach ache just thinking about it.

Today is deep cleaning day. Tomorrow I'm hosting our annual company BBQ. And I have a huge amount of homework to do.

Dee I know what you mean about crying for the school work. When I first started back at school 3 years ago I felt so dumb! Everything came so easy to me in high school but my return to college was a shocker. Stick to it, those muscles will start working again.

Well, off to my crazy weekend.

Have fun everyone!

Happy weekend to all!

Carole, Kitchen remodels are trying times. It is amazing how much of our life centers around a kitchen... could that be why we all had weight issues?

Doreen, will send you my address file. Charlie needs a kick in the butt to get with the program! We don't want him ending up back in the hospital!

Janet, glad to hear you are making such good progress. I know you cannot wait to be pain free.

Dawn... an aggressive boarder eh? Maybe you should turn him lose to scare off the neighbors! I alternate between quilting and scrap booking but only have one big work surface. I will cycle back, but I don't remember your colors!

Michele... best wishes on the CPA exam. You have worked hard and you are a focused lady. I feel you will do great!

Diane... keep us posted on the remodel... that is stressful too... so take good care of yourself!

Quick fly by! Cmom how are u? So cute in your hospital gown and smile!

Work and school are so crazy busy this week I have no time left for me!

Negotiations are at a stand still until managing partners get back from vacation. Only 10 days left of school! A crazy 10 days filled will online live presentations etc!

Miss hanging with u guys!

Bye for now!

So proud of you girl! wife, mother, student, all while working .

You rock! Counting down the days with you.

HUGS

So, the weather has been glorious to say the very least...it is August and I have been driving with my sunroof open every trip. Unheard of in Florida unless it is during the Winter months...

The kitchen is definitely making progress. The stone fabricators are coming next week for final measurements. All of the bottom cabinets are in, and now we are working on the top ones. Jack is enjoying doing the instillation. He will need a couple of strong young men who want to earn some extra money to help and get the double wall oven mounted into the cabinet, and to get the former range and pantry cabinets downstairs, but other than that it has been just us. Happily, there is a small college in Banner Elk at the base of the mountain, and friends of ours have directed us to the community liaison to get the assistance of a couple of students when we need it.

I know I will appreciate it all when the work is completed, and have a working sink, microwave, and pantry all in the same room again...it's the little things which mean so much!

I hope all have a great Saturday and weekend...big hugs and love to all...

So excited about you getting the kitchen done. I need pictures, lol. I'm sure Jack is enjoying his hands on work, men love power tools.

That's great you can hire some strong young men to help out.

I can't imagine not having a working kitchen. Are you eating out alot?

Thank you so much for your beautiful card. I am so blessed to have met you!!!!!

My knee feels pretty good. Matter of fact, I don't think I need a walker, but I will continue to use it until I'm told to give it up.

My main problem is my sciatic, it is killing me, much more than my knee. Hopefully this too will pass. Thank goodness for pain meds.

I tend to fall asleep in the middle of typing and wake up and start again, it can happen 3-4 times in one post. Thats why I may not address all of you, I confused, lol.

Just know I love you all and wish you all the very best this world has to offer.

BTW, I met my home health nurse today and even though she is very nice, I would like to fire her. She washes her hands to takemy dressing off and then proceeds to go through her paper work using her pen, touching everything. Also put gauze out on the seat of my hubs recliner, where he eats, drinks and snores, with nothing between gauze and chair.Gross!!!! She didn't know how to put my circulation stockings on, which I have to say are quite a fashion statement, I had to show her.

Three times she insisted I needed to sign Medicare release, do I look 65yo??? I DO NOT HAVE MEDICARE!!!!

She has got to go.

ok, enough of my bitching.

Off to Pinterest........

ttyl ♥