Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Got my new battery.

They think mom might be having trouble with Gallbladder, if thats the case since she has a strong heart, they will do surgery. I'm waiting until tonight and see how things go.

Dawn, I thought exactly the same way about mini's son. Music has been a big part of Maddy's joy,since her earliest days in the nicu.

I was just asking her when she was going to pick up and instrument and start playing. She thought that was funny.

I have come to the conclusion that everyone of us has shown great strength and in turn has used their strength to bolster those of us in need. I am so proud of all of you!

Now I need to hear from Carole.....

Yeah we're moving out of Neuro ICU and I got a hotel room! Woo Hoo! BAby steps but happy, CT scan today showed no blood in the brain! Echo showed no abnormalities. So progress, now to the next step, healing!

Janet... I agree... where's Carole's report?

Diane such wonderful news! Prayers continue for healing...

Janet, an amazing woman I feel blessed to know and call my friend. You definitely shared wonderful words of encouragement today, and I have to say, again, "ditto what Janet said"!

I am blessed to know all the strong and exceptional women of this group, and second Dawn's sentiments about Janet taking the initiative to keep this bond intact...

This will be a shortened version of today, as I am fighting a Migraine. I have not had one this bad in years...

So, blessed again...as I suspected from my seeing the images left up on the screen post GI eval, there is a very small dilation in my esophagus, and the band is still in the proper position. The surgeon said that the band is still working, and advised strongly that I never have another fill. He wants the same GI study repeated in 6 months to monitor for any changes in my condition. I had the stude results forwarded to my physician in FL, and will discuss them with him next month.

I can live with what I found out today...I essentially have green zone level restriction at present. If my life ever returns to some semblance of normal, perhaps I will be able to consider my fill options.

The surgeon today also told me that one big positive is my being able to get the night time reflux under control...so he is ok with leaving the band in, yet he did offer again to remove it.

More about today when I feel better...

Thank you all so much for all of the encouraging words of love and support. I believe each of you know how much of a difference it can make when the picture looks dark.

I love your words Janet, darkness is the time to have faith.

Off to find my pillow...

Love you all, and thank you again...

Notes to self:

You amazing ladies never cease to amaze me with your strength' date=' encouragement, and determination

Don't read our forum, whilst at desk at work.... chances are you will either LOL or get choked up and teary eyed! Well, Janet you got me today as I was overcome reading the story of your brother.

Janet - I hope it is nothing serious with your mother and that Dave is on the mend soon. Thanks for being such a strong woman to bring and keep us all together. I am so glad you restarted our group so we could continue our friendships.

Di - definitely continuing my prayers for your brother, had he had any prior health issues or symptoms? I am so glad he has you there supporting him and advocating on his behalf.

Terri and Dee, I cannot wait for you two to meet. One day will be my turn too! :)

Michelle - I am glad you have an answer to your concerns and can move forward. Not to sound corny, but I have seen so many shows on tv lately where people have amazing talents and it helps them with tourettes. It makes me think of how talented your son is with the piano.

Carole, definitely keeping you in my thoughts today as well and praying for good news.[/quote']

That's what his dr said!

Yeah we're moving out of Neuro ICU and I got a hotel room! Woo Hoo! BAby steps but happy' date=' CT scan today showed no blood in the brain! Echo showed no abnormalities. So progress, now to the next step, healing![/quote']

Wonderful!

I soooo happy! Awesome news Diane and Carole! Wanted to share my favorite song right now. Love these guys, For King & Countryhttp://youtu.be/pr9YVD05x8M

guess your going to have to highlight and open link.http://youtu.be/pr9YVD05x8M

Good Morning...

Today is starting off much better. I still have a mild Headache, but nothing close to last evening. Four hours of sleep and 4 doses of Fiorinal helped. It's been years since something like this...I must need to stay with my routine...,totally by the wayside yesterday.

Terri andmDee, so happy that they two of you're able to meet...like when Terri, Diane and I met, it was not like meeting strangers. We really already knew each other...good times. I hope you enjoy!

Dawn, you will do well, because you are motivated for success. Plus, you have many life changes which you are moving towards...and inherently people do not embrace change. Especially when others precipitate the change. Aka, your daughter's leaving home to attend school.

Diane, I hope you brother continues to improve...and that the crucial time passed uneventfully. I can only imagine how anxious you are to get home and resume your routines. Continuing prayers of healing to you and your family.

Michelle, totally normal for your son to be felling resistant to the the situation facing him and your family. He will come around...it may take years, in our case 24 years for me to be vindicated and forgiven for having Seth placed in a low intervention level of SLD classes. The military confirmed his disgraphia and ADHD diagnoses, which let me off the hook for forgiveness. For all of his school years Seth was angry with me for insisting he be evaluated for learning disabilities, and then when they were found to take the recommended interventions for his academic success. That was a difficult journey for years, but again his maturity helped. All good things in time!

Janet, thank you for your concern and inspiring words...I hope and pray that your mom is feeling better today, and that no surgery will be necessary. I thought Dawn's idea about renting a beach outfitted wheelchair was a great idea. Maddy would definitely the sand. I hope you all come up with a solution...

So, speaking of change, yesterday when we were in the "big city" of Asheville, we discovered that the TJMaxx store had a Home Goods there, something we had not seen since leaving Florida. We were able to get some of the necessary items for a king size bed, and Jack experienced a form of sticker shock. I will only sleep on cotton, and in king size, they are quite a bit more expensive than they were a few,years back, but at least we have the basic things we need. I will need another set of sheets and a quilt, but not just yet.

I also got a new phone yesterday, which I was not expecting to do until next month. I wanted to keep my same cell number I have had for years,,and had been told that I would only be allowed to,do this while in the same area code as the number. Not true, so I now have a new phone with better coverage areas off of the mountain. But, again, another learning curve for to navigate through. I don't do especially well with change...and here we go again.

Jack has an appointment with a surgeon here for his outpatient surgery this Friday, and on Monday we take our road trip to Charlotte with the kitchen designer to select the kitchen countertops. Trying to pace ourselves...

I hope every one will have a great day...today is a day of rest for me up until the headache is gone. I really need to get focused on losing the last 25 pounds I need to. Difficult to do with a sore foot, but I am determined!

Big hugs to each of you...

Jeez Carole... you never stop! I am very happy that your band can stay for now. Hopefully when you get get your life ordered you will be able to keep it!

Janet... St. Janet you are our savior. I was hopefully optimistic about our new page and I can't be happier to be together with all you fine ladies.

Diane, I hope you brother continues to improve and you can get back to you own life soon. God knows it is time you got a break!

Dawn, keep hanging in there. We know you are a strong lady. You raised two fine young women and they will always be a credit to you. The band stuff will come. I have faith in you!

Doreen... Can't wait to meet your whole family in two weeks. I know we will be like old friends even though we are meeting for the first time.

Michele, prayers for you and your son. As Carole says, sometime they have to get older before we get smart again! Your day will come! And... despite it all you are looking great! I am so proud of you!

I hope that Cawa/Nicole is well and loving her band as well.

Off to lunch with work friends later today, and then I should finish my new quilt for Tyler (lymphoma) who starts his chemo next week. I hope they will let him bring it along for treatments since they last for 5 hours! We will be hosting his family to a swim party this weekend.

God is good and I am sure he will hear all of our prayers, especially with Janet as our cheerleader! Have a great day everyone!

Michele...so sorry to read your son has Ts....but yes thank goodness its controllable.....~hugs~ to you...Carole sooo happy you have seen the sun again !!!