Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you feel restriction prior to your first fill?

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if any of you had trouble eating certain foods before your first fill? Did you get stuck, PB, etc? Did you have any food restrictions besides the post op diet that your doctor recommend you follow?

Also, side question, did anyone burp/hiccup a lot during your recovery phase with the lap band? E.g. while you were on liquids?

Thank you :)

i had no restrictions either.. and i burp alot

I am finding that I do not have any restriction at the moment. I have zero Fluid in my band right now as I had been overfilled during surgery and had to get 4cc taken out two days later. I am a little over two weeks post-op and just starting to feel hunger - and I am being very careful as I think I could easily overeat with no ill effects.

I just got banded Tuesday and I feel full when I drink I think it is just from swelling and gas. As far as burbs, yes I have been doing that a lot on liquids.

~~~Stephanie

unfortunately i have NO RESTRICTION :( I'm 2 weeks post op and I know I just over ate - I'm absolutely disgusted with myself and angry and disappointed right now!! I came home and I was STARVING, so I ate, then had some more and then even some more!! OMG - this is so damn hard!! I want my first fill NOW before I really mess things up!

side note - I was told PB would be out the the question once banded....I know everyone is different, but honestly PB doesn't sound like a good idea....

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if any of you had trouble eating certain foods before your first fill? Did you get stuck, PB, etc? Did you have any food restrictions besides the post op diet that your doctor recommend you follow?

Also, side question, did anyone burp/hiccup a lot during your recovery phase with the lap band? E.g. while you were on liquids?

Thank you :)

I was banded in January and have not had any fills. So far, I can eat anything though I'm sure when you get fills, that is not necessarily the case. I burp alot more since being banded and I use that as a soft stop sometimes because after the burp, I tend to feel a little full and know that I'm done. Sometimes, there's no soft stop signal and the only way I know I'm done is that I weigh and measure all my food and when the plate is clean, I'm finished. No seconds, no more food period.

Just curious 'gowalking' why haven't you had any fills yet? Good for you for showing will

power!!

I was banded 3/26 and I have not had any fills yet. and I've lost 33 so far.

Keep in mind that everyone is different. I never wanted a fill, but was talked in to one and only one since being banded 15 months ago. It is a lot of self discipline, measuring and listening to your body.

Some of the burping is from the air they pumped in you if you are newly banded, it is also from eating and drinking too fast, also can be a sign you are full. Measure what you are eating, listen to your body and remember that your mind takes 20 minutes to realize what you have eaten. If you wait the 20 minutes after eating your cup of food, then and only then think about eating more. You should never feel full, you should be satisfied. Eat what you love and what is good for you. It makes all the difference in the world. The more carbs you eat the more you will want.

Just curious 'gowalking' why haven't you had any fills yet? Good for you for showing will

power!!

I'm just one of those lucky few who are in the green zone without fills. Now..that doesn't mean I don't get hungry. I do. But I can usually go from meal to meal without getting ravenous and I track everything I eat. I stay at around 1,000 calories a day and so far, it's worked for me. I have alot to lose so even down 63 lbs. so far, I need to lose at least 100 lbs total. So...I went from morbidly obese to a regular fat person. But, at least this regular fat person can fit into seats that were tough to get into before, and I don't see the panic in people's eyes that I used to see when I got on the bus or subway. I knew they were hoping I wouldn't try to sit next to them...and I didn't blame them. I'm starting to feel normal again and that's a wonderful feeling.

WOW!! Way to go ladies!! I DEFINATELY lack in the self discipline area!

WOW!! Way to go ladies!! I DEFINATELY lack in the self discipline area!

As you continue to see success, you will find it easier to stick to a food plan. Especially when you start to shop and find yourself in smaller sizes. For an old gal like me, it's also about health. I have high blood pressure and want to get off the meds. I also want to avoid diabetes, high cholesterol, all that fun stuff...

OK... maybe I am going to sound incredibly stupid here, but I keep seeing the acronym "PB" used on the forums - what does it mean? I gather it is vomiting??