Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My fiancée always puts everything ahead if my so i asked 3 weeks ago, u promise you'll be there in recovery waiting and he promised he would... As many other promises he broke, and now 2 days b4 surgery guess what...he can't make it...his excuse is he had no ride there... I told him d pick him up wendsday he could stay over and then Thursday was my appointment...he canceled his pt today becuz he was hung our and now Thursday at 630 is pt again... He can cancel it becuz he's hungover but not because his fiancée is in majors surgery...his answer was well u chose to do this...I just want him there with me... He's Gona be my husband but can't come... In sad mad wanting to kill him I hate him that he puts everything first...- and he promised he'd come n now won't... Wtf...

hugs.....but you might want to think through a few things! If this person is going to be your spouse you need their full support on this journey!

I agree,... and really think it through.. i know i wouldn't want to be second to anything in my hubbys life... when that happens

​Good luck with your surgery. As Ann Landers says, are you better off with him or without him. Will he be there if you have children, need help after the surgery? This is no joke. Do what is right for you and your future not for anyone else.

Hugs Hun. Good luck Thursday.

I'm sorry to read this my heart feels for you. He is showing you what to look forward to when you are married and if you choose to have kids-not trying to be Harsh by any means. He sounds like my ex

I would delay a wedding to this guy and give him the option to change, if he doesn't take that option then the decision is yours, I think losing weight and feeling good about yourself will help u make that decision in the future but my head says dump the selfish git, but my heart says just postpone till u are in a better place to decide if he warrants a place in your life :) good luck and remember this journey is about you, for you and the person to rely on is you, can a family member go with you or friend if u cant face alone ?

Look I don't want to sound harsh but you need to really think things thru, do you want to be married to that for the rest of your life? I am almost 2 yrs divorced next month from my high school sweetheart, I was married for 25 yrs and for the last 3 yrs of our marriage I litterally watched him become an alcoholic due to a high pressure job. Not making excuses for him but he is who he is and what he is and it ruined his life, he's nothing now. He eventually lost his career, me and still drinks like a fish and tries to work. I have no tolerance for alcohol, sorry. If this man can't put you first and treat you like a queen and treat you like he can't live without you or live another second without you then he doesn't deserve you! Yes, you chose this surgery to better yourself and your health and he should be there for you first and foremost. Will he be there when your first born is comes into this world? I hate to think that you will go thru this journey alone but you have us to lean on for support. Good luck Thurs. Big hugs.

I have to agree with the above posters, especially Cazzy. Maybe postpone the wedding till you now for sure he is right for you, and you have time to lose some weight, you may feel differently about yourself. Losing weight can change a person a lot,you never know how you may feel down the road. Does he do this all the time, that could be a pattern for the future? Sorry. Good luck with your surgery, I just had mine yesterday.

~~~Stephanie

Good Luck with your surgery and remember you are doing this for you, not him. You are important!

Like others have said maybe you need to think twice before walking down the aisle. I know you don't want to hear that, but you are better off leaving him now then it ending in a nasty divorce later. Have an honest heart to heart with him. Tell him that you feel like if he really loved you he'd be there for this important event. See what he has to say. A man who really loves you would move heaven and earth to be there when you need him.

This journey is all about you! This is your time for real change. I suspect your weight is not the only thing that will be changing in this situation. His loss......

Thank you guys for putting it into perspective for me... He has his priorities all wrong, and for the 5 years we've been together they always have been wrong, before he proposed to me I broke up with him n we didn't see each other for 6 months... I guess realizing how good I was to him how'd I'd do anything for him n the grass isn't greener on the other side he told me he changed.... Promised me he'd start working promised me partying didnt mean anything to him anymore, his friends that were all shitty friends ment nothing, it was suppose to be just about me and him.. N then he proposed.... And was great for a few months... Then everything went to back to being all about him again... And I keep giving him chances n chances and I guess he really doesn't care... He just puts me down... I guess your all right if he really loved me he'd be there for me... I guess I was that stupid to believe him... But I kno I have u guys and my moms Gona come with me and of course she's Gona say oh why isn't Danny here???? And then I'll get the I told u so... I'm just sad becuz someone I love so much maybe just doesn't love me as much