Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yep - NO carbonation. Not worth the potential havoc it can wreak with the band.

AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SODA OR SLURPEES OR ICEE"S I did try aSlurpee it was not good like a rollercoaster in my body and it took all day for me to feel normal again ,so I guess it does do a number on our bodies and the band even diet so no carbonation drinks also there have other bandsters that have had trouble from what I have read. so please don't u have came to far to mess up ur body again well I just thought I would let u know, but u r the one to make the choice as I am the one who makes my choices nd I am in no way perfect as my son bakes cookie's and pies and it smels so good that I want 1 or 3 lol but I don't and op for a Protein kind bar or something that is sweet like oranges, cantelope or watermelon & it satisfies me for the sweet juicy something sometimes I even blend them then drink up so hoped this helped.

i drink about one diet soda a week, if that. i don't have a problem with the carbonation. my doctor said i would have an issue drinking from straws, i don't but i don't use them. they have a drink called SWITCH if you want a little carbonation, it is an all natural carbonated fruit drink.

This has been a heavly debated topic, at true results we were told soda is ok, within moderation. Some will tell you no. But I do drink no more than 2 a week. No damage to my band yet. But then its a personal preferance, check with your doctor. Good luck

i was told no soda also! and even tho some doctors say its ok in moderation,i'd be afraid if i started again,i wouldnt be able to stop!!

Lucky for me I have never been a big soda drinker.. but my Dr. says no soda, ever , no straws and no gum... (don't start with me about gum) it's if you ACCIDENTALY SWALLOW IT..it requires surgery to remove it from your stoma... so I drink crystal light, Water and that's about it.. Like I told someone before if my Dr. said stand on your head and spit wooden nickels.. I'm in.. I have lost 40 lbs following his orders and that is what I paid for was his expertise..

i was told no carbonation by true results and my doctor but ifi do only have a sip--much later into being banded i'm still new to this lol

Soda is the worst for me. Every once in a while I will try and take sip but the side effect are too great. I even tried adding cranberry juice to 7UP and ginger ale. The gas and bloating makes me feel horrible.

I've been ok with the occasional soda/soft drink. I pour it into a cup to let it go a rather flat before drinking.

I would say no because of all of the sugar in 7up. That being said, I went about a year with no soda but I have been drinking them fine for the last three years with no adverse effects. Just remember, your mileage may vary. Just because one person hasn't had trouble that doesn't mean they won't or you won't if you start.

Haven't had any yet and this is an issue for me - I have 17 Sonic Drive-ins!

At my pre-op meetings they told me to limit soda (diet only obviously) but to pour it over ice - never straight from can or bottle - and let fizz subside. We'll see.

Haven't had any yet and this is an issue for me - I have 17 Sonic Drive-ins!

At my pre-op meetings they told me to limit soda (diet only obviously) but to pour it over ice - never straight from can or bottle - and let fizz subside. We'll see.

Growing up in Texas, Sonic was always my all time favorite place to eat and hang out with friends. Foot long chili cheese dog with fries every Friday night! :) Good times.