Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks since surgery and I have stop losing weight

Okay I am still on soft foods but I dont seem to be losing weight, I am walking and I only eat 3 times a days and I barley eat what can I do? I hired a personal trainer to start working with me. When I can eat veggie? I need veggies and I drink plenty of water..I want to be successful please help me.

hi and i was banded 2 weeks ago. i wasnt losing either and was eating like you small amounts and healthy stuff well.I got my first fill which i really cant even tell. anyway i hadnt bgeen walking a lot or getting on the scales everyday so i started walking my treadmill yesterday.i split the walk equaling 45 minuites and tried to stay a little busier and i lost 2 lbs yesterday.i also quit putting those sugarfree sweetners in my water.and from now on i will get on my scales daily so i will know whats going on with my body.whatch out for the mushy stuff and soup.i think it also makes it hard to lose.keep me imformed.goodluck from allie

well don't get on the scales everyday...Only once a week and just keep working at it and will eventually come off...if your not losing weight it might be inches...Just be patient and it will work...Do get discouraged because you don't see any results... Good Luck to all...

Definitely take your inches. It took until after I hit the green zone that I started loosing much quicker. I work out doing all kinds of exercise, I get bored easily. This takes time, it will really be worth it!!

Hi and congrats on your decision to jangle your life : )

Three Questions:

1- How many calories are you consuming each day and is this exact (weigh measure etc...) or a Ballpark number ?

2- How much sleep are you getting each night?

3- What time of day are you exercising?

Lee

280lbs Lost All diseases reversed

hi and i was banded 2 weeks ago. i wasnt losing either and was eating like you small amounts and healthy stuff well.I got my first fill which i really cant even tell. anyway i hadnt bgeen walking a lot or getting on the scales everyday so i started walking my treadmill yesterday.i split the walk equaling 45 minuites and tried to stay a little busier and i lost 2 lbs yesterday.i also quit putting those sugarfree sweetners in my water.and from now on i will get on my scales daily so i will know whats going on with my body.whatch out for the mushy stuff and soup.i think it also makes it hard to lose.ke,ep me imformed.goodluck from allie

Hi Allie,

Do you find that sugar-free sweeteners get in the way of weight loss? I always drink decaffeinated tea with splenda in it, I was wondering if that good hinder my weight loss being that you mentioned it above. Thanks

The time right after surgery is for healing and many people stop losing and some even gain. I agree that this is not a time to be weighing your self every day. Also veggies will not make you lose. You should be eating high Protein and eating your protein before veggies or fruits. If you do not have your doctor's guidelines for eating you might want to get that and/or see a nutritionist that works with your doctor.

are you talking to the doctor office? take this time to heal

You've still got about 4 more weeks of healing before you can start your journey. So relax, follow the doctors orders, drink Protein shakes, don't worry be happy.

Until you get some fills and you feel some restriction this is just like any other diet. If you want to lose weight during this phase, you must consume enough Protein to feel satisfied and you will have to keep your calorie consumption to under 1200-1000. And the amount of fat you lose may only be 1-2 lbs a week if you follow a strict diet plan.

tmf