Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel good stories! Share yours!

I enjoyed every moment of actually losing weight.. Every half pound, (almost) every exercise session, every calorie counted... But mostly every size down! That first year was expensive!!! But going from a size 22 to a size 8 and then a size 6, I reveled in shopping like I never had before! I used to HATE HATE HATE/CRY CRY CRY while shopping. Worst feeling in the world until I was banded... I have never felt so healthy and so complete and so in LOVE with life! I have never felt so SEXY. And it amazes me still to this day. I don't take a single moment for granted and my bonus... I fell in love with the most amazing man. We met 3 months before my surgery day... And fell in love shortly there after... And he helped me with my journey. He joined a boot camp exercise program, we ran together and participated in 5k's together. He even got me on a bike for the first time in 16 years... And we rode 16 miles that day. What an amazing feeling!

Awesome job! I have lost 34 lbs since my lap band surgery in February 2013. I feel like a totally different person now. I feel downright sexy compared to how I use to feel about myself. I just went shopping this past weekend and I could fit into a 14, I started at a 20. Talking about feeling great trying those dresses on! I can't wait for more experiences. Thanks for sharing!

I love working on my farm, being able to physically do things like pulling weeds, pushing the lawn mower, helping my husband build a storage building. I could never of done any of that without the band.

I agree about clothes, expensive but so very worth it! :)

I had my first softball game of the season last Tuesday. Afterward I receive a txt from one of my guy friends who runs the team that said:

"Just so ya know.....you looked amazing tonight! Don't know what you did in the off season but it fits you. Seriously!!!!! Very adorable! Sorry if that offended you. Just saying"

I have received a lot of compliments lately from people who have noticed my weight loss, but that one was by far the one that made me feel the best. Keep in mind we were playing softball... I'm in my jersey from last season which is about 2 sizes to big now so I'm feeling like a hot mess. It's not like I had my 'get a man' outfit on my any means, lol

I enjoyed every moment of actually losing weight.. Every half pound, (almost) every exercise session, every calorie counted... But mostly every size down! That first year was expensive!!! But going from a size 22 to a size 8 and then a size 6, I reveled in shopping like I never had before! I used to HATE HATE HATE/CRY CRY CRY while shopping. Worst feeling in the world until I was banded... I have never felt so healthy and so complete and so in LOVE with life! I have never felt so SEXY. And it amazes me still to this day. I don't take a single moment for granted and my bonus... I fell in love with the most amazing man. We met 3 months before my surgery day... And fell in love shortly there after... And he helped me with my journey. He joined a boot camp exercise program, we ran together and participated in 5k's together. He even got me on a bike for the first time in 16 years... And we rode 16 miles that day. What an amazing feeling!

That's great! Nothing like a good love story. :)

December 21, 2012 345, January 15 Preop app 337, jan 21 surgery 326, today 299

Under 300 makes me very happy!

I was a size 22 the day of my surgery 11/01/12. Last night my very petite 11yrs old daughter ran up to me and gave me a hug. She realized her arms could wrap around me. I'm now between a size 16 and 14. It was a very endearing moment and a very pleasurable NSV. I love my LapBand and everyday there is a new reward.

My labs from the DR, look amazing, my blood pressure meds are down to the minimal dose and I am no longer Pre-diabetic. I am very excited about these things. Working on "want power" so far. Had a fill again today 5cc's total in my 14cc band.

For me being a normal BMI is amazing...

No matter what I do be it working out....walking...just relaxing....

everything feels so much better....I didnt even know how my fat made me feel till now that its gone !!!

I so love my banded life !

That's great! Nothing like a good love story. :)

In his eloquence, he loves to tell people "I fell in love with her when she was fat!" Lmao!