Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is walking enough???!!!

Hi all for the last 10 days i have been going out for 1 hour walks everyday and keeping track of my food on mfp.. I weighed myself this morning and i have not lost anything! Im really disapointed.... Has this hsppened to anyone else?? Am i doing something wrong??

Sometimes weight doesn't come off but the inches do. I have noticed that with me and others have said it, too. Good for you walking 1 hour a day. I wish I did, but I like destinations, I am weird like that.

Yeah i have friends telling ive shrunk a bit but i was shattered when the numbers didnt go down! I walk to my brothers house.. Or to my parents..or to my grans and back theyre all nice walks.. I cant do the machines..i find them veery boring!!

Hi. Without any information in your profile it is very difficult for members to offer anything other than generic, supportive advice. Are you banded yet? How long? Have you lost a good deal of weight already and simply hit a plateau? Are you walking briskly or strolling?

There are lots of factors that could be affecting your results. The great thing is that you are out there exercising every day and monitoring your calories. Keep it up, vary your exercise, and success is sure to follow.

Walking Builds Muscle Tone!! If You Keep Doing it The Weight will come off!!

Im happy that i motivated you! Thanks for the advice.. I have been banded 2 months and i have lost 20kg..i still have a loong way to go though! I wear a heart monitor and it keeps me motivated to reach my optimum heart rate so i walk briskly up and down hills.. I was just put off abit..i even did zumba lol it was veery funny but def an awesom workout! Lets hope its muscle and hopefully next week ill see a difference...?

as eye candy said, if you are losing (inches aka clothes getting too big) then you are losing regardless of what the scale says or doesnt say....when i started, all i could do was walk.....and in 10 months, surpassed even what my dr thought i would.....heck even what i thought.....and i would have to say, in my opinion, walking is enough.....(now that i can walk farther, i walk up hills...can feel it in my thighs)...good job on the loss so far.

I think that is why folks like to take weekly pictures because sometimes it shows the results that the scale may not show.

I walk every day and it's working for me, keep at it and the weight will come off :)

It is very difficult to generalise what works and what wont work, some people do great just walking, some walk fast some walk slow but for longer, others like me walking makes absolutely not one ounce of difference to me, i have to get my heart rate up and burn some energy with cardio work or strength work. I have tried just walking and it does help keep you fit and healthy and will help the muscle tone, but to burn a lot of calories you may need to do something more, i cycle and do dumbells and that has worked for me, we are all different, swimming is a good exercise too, you dont have to go to the gym, but maybe try jogging !

good luck with it ..

Walking doesn't do anything for me (other than be a cool down tool at the gym). I need the intensity of cardio either in the form of a machine (stair climber, ellipitcal, arc trainer etc..) or something like a TRX class/cross training. My HR is up to 150/160 at those activities, I can never seem to get above 130 with walking.

Jogging on the other hand does work for me, I just am not very good at it (darn flat feet).

I went from 20 minutes on the stair master in the weeks following my banding to an hour a day now, I do each machine for 15 or 20 minutes each. I often watch something on my iPad while I am working out to pass the time.

In wearing a heart rate monitor when i walk and i have reached a rate of 160-170 brcause i choose all the hills on my area so i do het a good calprie burn but the kgs werent dropping..i have a weigh in tomorrow so i will see how ive gone.. If im the same i will have to shake things up abit!!! Thanks for the advice guys!

No exercise here :( just house chores. I would say any activity is good :)