Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to know why a site like LBT would accept banner advertising from a company like Grub Hub with a bubble stating "you look hungry..." with a huge carb and fat loaded sandwich prominently featured. This is in very poor taste and does not take into consideration that many of us have a daily battle with making proper food choices.

Love this site, but poor judgement on advertising spots!!

I want to know why a site like LBT would accept banner advertising from a company like Grub Hub with a bubble stating "you look hungry..." with a huge carb and fat loaded sandwich prominently featured. This is in very poor taste and does not take into consideration that many of us have a daily battle with making proper food choices.

Love this site' date=' but poor judgement on advertising spots!![/quote']

This is not meant to come across harshly (but it will). Banner ads often use "cookies" (or data collected from your browsing activities/habits) to customize your ad experience. Basically, what you see on those banner ads likely show up because of the type of internet surfing YOU do. Try it for a while. Do several searches for voodoo temples and you will likely start seeing ads for travel agencies trying to book you a trip to New Orleans.

I think the ads are served automatically by Google based on browsing history.

For example I am seeing and ad for Mule ESB (Infrastructure software) which I visited last week. I am sure LBT is probably not even aware of that software.

You do make a great point though, Google should allow sites to exclude specific ads or types of businesses that should not be served up on their site. Context is very important.

I have never seen ads like that on this site... perhaps they are popping up on your computer due to the type of searches you have made... Regardless, lapbandtalk cannot control everything that might tempt us.. TV ads are way more full of food ads .. but we can't stop watching TV or living because we have a eating problem.. Our society is surrounded by food and things pertaining to food.. We also have the most lucrative diet industry in the world.. it's our responsibility to act on our impulses or not...

if you download ad blocker for free,

it will remove all the ads

if you download ad blocker for free,

it will remove all the ads

Well we would like LBT to make some money so it can stay in business :-)

Its true that you internet browsing determines the ads , I always have shopping sites on mine, lol

I asked this same question a couple weeks ago! I saw an ad for pizza Hut and couldn't figure out why. Then I had to confess that I had ordered pizza online the week before. It's based on your search history.

Marci

I use an ad blocker and I don't see ads on any websites I visit. If you are interested, and you use Firefox, go to their add-ons/extensions page and search for Ad Blocker. I'm sure there is also one for other browsers. I can't stand ads on websites no matter what they are (especially pop-ups - yuck), and this takes care of the problem nicely ;)

I didn't even realize this site had ads. You can get software that keeps your browsing history private and blocks ads.

I see mostly shoes in the ads......and wouldn't you know it, I'm a shoe addict :D

I better be careful what I search! :P

I don't see ads but if I did they would all be for jelly rolls,honey Buns etc. Not food - FABRIC. I'm a quilting addict