Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What foods are mostly/always off limits now??

I wanted to see what foods everyone can not eat after green zone?

I have so much trouble with a lot of food!

My list is: pancakes, bananas ( no idea why- I chew those suckers with a vengeance), peanut butter( sometimes), stuffing, and fruit skins unless it's just about pulverized....I'll keep thinking....meanwhile tell me yours!

3 1/2 yrs post op for me, and I can only NOT eat 3 things (all p's): pancakes, pizza crust and pineapple chunks (my fav). I can do everything else

Marci

I have trouble with Pasta and rice but I eat almost everything else without trouble, including salads and fresh fruits and vegetables.

In my case, it all comes down to taking time to chew, chew, chew.

omg I can't eat those either! Sometimes i think I'm too tight, cause i have trouble eating while sitting or in the car and in the morning until about 2 1/2 hrs after I've woken up

I meant i cant eat the pineapple, Pizza Crust either

I can't eat lettuce! I'm to scared to eat anything white.

So far, the only thing that causes me a problem are pancakes. Tried them for the first time Sunday morning when my girls cooked Breakfast, took two small bites and as soon as they finally made it past my band, I fixed myself a Protein Shake instead.

Some fruit skins like peaches, apples and sometimes grapes. I chew the pulp out and spit out the skins when they're too thick.

Doughy breads can cause problems too.

I'm flirting with the green zone and having a little bit of trouble with rice and Pasta. It just amazes me that those two things you think of as soft food, but there is no way to chew them down to "mush"!

I can eat pizza as long as it is a really super thin crust (which was my preference even pre-band). I call it pizza on a cracker!

I can't eat broccoli unless it is overcooked, and I don't like overcooked broccoli. I also cannot tolerate asparagus, green Beans, celery, fresh apples or fresh pineapple.

Soft breads of any description, rolls, pizza, unless is super thin and crispy, which is totally ok with me, because I'm not supposed to eat those things anyway.

There are only a few vegetables which I enjoyed pre-band which I have had to place on my avoid list. A very small sacrifice for improved health!

I can eat whatever I want, in small quantities. My biggest problem is lettuce. I can eat all the rest of the salad stuff though. Believe me, if you ask them they will serve your favorite salad without lettuce!

I just joined tonight...I am having problems with my diet and my lapband...it's been about 3 years, lost 50 pounds right away but have not been able to get past this point since. I go about a week when I can eat my regular food, then nothing will stay down for about two days, then my stomach has of course loosened enough that I am back to being able to eat...for about a week, then it goes on and on.

Even when I am able to eat ok, I have not been able to eat most chicken, beef, pork, rice, anything doughy though sometimes I can eat a slice of pizza, most vegetables (raw or cooked) except mushrooms. I am getting pretty tired of this roller coaster ride I'm on. I'm considering joining WW online...the nearest lapband support group is about 30 miles away and I don't have a car so that's out.

Thanks for listening.

Peggy