Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushies Stage Recipes

Peach Crisp

1 20 oz can sliced peaches

2 or 3 packets instant oatmeal in a flavor like brown sugar/cinnamon

2 or 3 tablespoons butter

Drain peaches. Put in a loaf dish or something similar. In a bowl cut butter into instant oatmeal until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches and bake at 325* about 30 minutes or until topping is crisp (or well done).

Instant Potato Soup Mix

Makes 7 servings

• 1 3/4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk
  • 1 tablespoon granulated chicken bouillon
  • 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

• In a bowl, mix all ingredients together. Store dry Soup mix in an airtight container.

To make one serving, combine 1/2 cup dry soup mix with 1 cup hot Water.

:help: :hungry: Hello, I am on a soft food diet since I had my lapband surgery and have been eating mashed potatoes, pudding and stuff like that as long as it is soft.

Now I am going to have a big family dinner...and I need to find out what I should eat during easter? What should I make that I can have and enjoy?

Any recipes would be great too!

Thanks

Nate

Quick and Easy Butternut Squash Soup

Makes approx 7 x 280ml portions (or 2 ladles-full

:P

Cost per portion: 45p

Calories per portion: 160

Ingredients:

10 squirts of ‘Fry-Light’

4 Large – medium red onions

1 Medium Butternut Squash (approx 700g)

2 Large Parsnips

1 can of Campbell's Condensed Beef Consume

¼ teaspoon of ‘Lazy Chilli’

Salt and Pepper to taste

1 – 1½ pints of Water (depending on desired consistency)

1oz of butter

Method:

* Preheat oven to 220°

* Peel butternut squash and parsnips

* Chop into medium sized chunks

* Grease a non-stick baking tray with 5 squirts of Fry-Light

* Place squash / sweet potatoes on tray

* Give them 5 squirts of Fry-Light

* Place in oven for ½ an hour – 40 minutes

* Meanwhile, heat the butter, gently in a non-stick pan

* Chop onions finely and add to the pan, cover and ‘sweat’ them on a medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often as they don’t need to brown.

*When ready add all of the ingredients and beef consume, lazy chilli and Water to a bowl / blender and whiz up until a smooth, creamy consistency. Add more water as needed.

Return to stove and heat thoroughly to serve.

"Yummy"

BUTTERNUT AND SWEET POTATO SOUP

Makes approx 9 x 280ml portions (or 2 ladles-full :mad:

Cost per portion: 55p – 60p

Calories per portion: 140-150 cals

Ingredients:

5ml teaspoon Olive Oil

5 small – medium onions

1 Medium Butternut Squash

3 Medium Sweet Potatoes

1 Pint of Vegetable Stock – Either fresh in a carton or made up from cubes

70mls ( ½ of the smallest carton) of single cream

Grated whole nutmeg

15ml tablespoon Maple Syrup

¼ teaspoon of ‘Lazy Chilli’

Salt and Pepper to taste

1 – 1½ pints of water (depending on desired consistency)

1 clove of garlic and sprig of fresh corriander (optional – I used garlic today but wish I’d have left it out, the butternut flavour was a little over-powered - oooooh, get me, Master Chef :mad:

Method:

* Preheat oven to 220°

* Peel butternut squash and sweet potatoes

* Chop into medium sized chunks

* Using a little drop of the olive oil, grease a non-stick baking tray

* Place squash / sweet potatoes on tray

* ‘Paint’ them with a little olive oil (remembering to save some to cook the onions)

* Place in oven for ½ an hour

* Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a non-stick pan

* Chop onions finely and add to the pan, cover and ‘sweat’ them on a medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often as they don’t need to brown.

* When ready add all of the ingredients + stock and water to a bowl / blender and whiz up until a smooth, creamy consistency. Add more water as needed.

* Return to stove and heat thoroughly to serve.

PARSNIP AND LEEK SOUP

Makes approx 9 x 280ml portions (or 2 ladles-full :mad:

Cost per portion: 45p-50p

Calories per portion: 160 cals

Ingredients:

4 Large Parsnips

1 Medium Sweet Potato

3 Large Leeks

1oz butter

2.5mls (½ teaspoon) of olive oil

1 Bay Leaf

70mls Single Cream

1 Pint chicken Stock – fresh or cubes

3 Pints Water

Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:

* Preheat oven to 210°

* Peel Parsnips and sweet potato, chop into medium chunks (don’t leave ends long and thin or they’ll burn :o Place on non-stick tray and brush with olive oil. Pop in middle of oven for 30 minutes.

* Wash and trim leeks (about two thirds of the length). Slice finely.

* Heat remaining olive oil and butter gently on low heat in non-stick pan (olive oil should stop butter from burning).

* Add leeks and 1 bay leaf to pan. Cover and sweat them over a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. (Add a little chicken stock if too dry)

* When leeks and parsnips are ready transfer them to either a mixing bowl or blender.

***REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE BAY LEAF BEFORE YOU BLEND!***

* Add stock, water, cream, salt and pepper.

* Whiz up until a smooth consistency.

* Return to pan and heat thoroughly before serving.

:clap2: :hungry: :welldoneclap: sounds great!!!!!! i will definately be eating these over easter!:hungry: :biggrin1: sorry i got carried away with the smilies!:)

yesterday i went to my moms and she made for dinner for the family - chicken cooked in garbanzo paste with squash- it was soooo good- chewed a piece of chicken i must admit but the paste in itself was soooo good!

I am on mushy foods now. Did anyone consider very very soft meatballs as mushy food. I ate one last night and one this morning and it hit the spot and seemed to be just fine if I ate slowly.

Also I had parmesan chicken salad that was the same consistancy as tuna fish for lunch today. Very rich but delicious. I highly recommend.

Sweetheart,

I've been dying for meatballs!! I have one more week until I can go on full mushies. I have been eating mashed potato and squash. But I'm ready for more of a variety. I could go for the meatballs, chicken salad and tuna!! Did you make your own meatballs or did you buy them? I need a real good recipe for very moist meatballs.

Me too! I want something more solid! I go to the doctor on Thursday and I'm hoping he says I can start on more solid mushie stuff. Meatballs sounds really good! I'm so tired of creamy Soups and mashed potatoes.

I have to admit that I had some spaghetti sauce with meat out of a jar tonight! Ohhh, it was gooood!!! I love the extra thick meaty Ragu!

I know many people can't tolerate Pasta. Would it make a difference if it was an angel hair pasta instead of a regular spaghetti or ziti??