Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushies Stage Recipes

HI,

Sounds like you all have some great ideas. Thanks

My question if anyone knows, What is the deal with popcorn?

Can we not eat it because of the kernals or the hard shell that you get?

It is really the only thing I love and it is on every no-no list.

Thanks, Randa

HI berry, on the Pasta question, not there myself yet, but got a hint from someone in a support group meeting, anglehair was best, but also it has to do with how long you cook it. same deal with rice. They say it continues to expand in the stomach, so....it you cook it longer till really soft it will expand less and cause less problems. some could eat it , etc, etc...... let me know, can't wait to try it!!! (banded 4/26/07)

Ha, I had surgery on 5/16/2007 and I am still on the liquids phase for about a week. I am totally salivating reading these recipies. I can't wait.

hello!!:D

i went to my dr today for a barium swallow and it looks like my pouch is dilated, so they took out my 1 cc. i've been picking up my bad habits again...which includes eating too much and it looks like the food is just sitting in the pouch and expanding it. so, ive been told to go back to my post-op diet for 2 weeks & absolutely no meat like chxn or pork chops or beef & to start eating Breakfast. so, today is liquids (i had one of those microwavable "italian wedding" Soups & a popsicle so far). my dr said i could start on soft/mushy foods tomorrow. so, my question is... does this pertain to salad,fish,pudding,veggies (like squash casserole) and fruit (what fruit?)?

you think i would have this down by now...geez!!:(

Instant Potato Soup Mix

Makes 7 servings

• 1 3/4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk
  • 1 tablespoon granulated chicken bouillon
  • 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

• In a bowl, mix all ingredients together. Store dry Soup mix in an airtight container.

To make one serving, combine 1/2 cup dry soup mix with 1 cup hot Water.

WasabubbleButt

Could you add unflavored uninjury Protein powder to this??

I am being banded 7/17 and am trying to find liquid & Puree receipts.. I can't drink these shakes all day along with crystal lite - I like Savory foods not all these sweets..

Thanks!!!!

My favorite was fish "chowder". very simple to make fresh.

one pot, very little "mess"

Saute 1/2 chopped onion in a little olive oil

Add 2C. Water

1 fish bouillon cube (Knorr's)

Add and cook till almost soft:

1 med. peeled potato cut in 1/2" cube

Add on top of the potatos and broth to steam:

1 cod fish filet, aprox 1Lb.

cover cook till done about 10 min or less, till flakes appart.

Add a splash of evaporated milk to taste (1/4 C.?)

eat as is in later stage,or puree with a hand blender for

a very nice cream of fish Soup.

this got me by a lot and is good Protein

During this stage of the diet what portion size can you eat for each meal? 2 oz, 4 oz? 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup?

During this stage of the diet what portion size can you eat for each meal? 2 oz, 4 oz? 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup?

That's a question for your group's nutritionist. My surgeon's nut says 2-4 oz Protein and 1/2 cup of each of a mushy vegetable side is what I should aim for, but that puts me at 1-1 & a 1/2 cups of food. Many people on here say that their nut only wants them to eat 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup at a time. The best thing to do is to call your nut.

I just ordered a lap band cookbook. i'll be sharing my favorite recipes here. Can't wait!

Can you tell me where you got the lap band cook book? I have been looking for one also. I will be banded on July 23 and would really like a cook book. Thanks

I was banded 7/17 and i can eat 1/2 to 1 full cup of Soup..

I'm newly banded 7/16/07 and new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone is starving? I drink 3 Protein shakes but I even tried Tums to stop hunger pangs. I will eat SF Jello but still too hungry.

Anewstart

Did your Dr put you on a full liquid diet?? This is what I am on (banded 7/17). I am allowed broth, cream Soups made with milk, thin pudding, V8 juice, yogurt. I am suppose to have minimum 60 gram of protien daily

I made cream of chicken Soup (heathly request) (2 grms) added 1 scp unflavored protien, (20 grms) skim milk (9 grms) for a totalof 31 grams of protien - i can't eat a whole can at once - I eat about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup at one time (i do have restriction). So I am getting about 15.5 grms each portion and a protien shake (20 grms) to this and you have 51 - add a yogurt 5 grms you have 56 grams and i have some jucie protien drinks for 15 grm and I am at 66 grams - add a pudding 3 grms 9. That's a lot of food for the day. (remember when using unflavor protien you can't heat above 130 degree)

I get full on my soup - but am dealing with head hunger alot too. This is something that we have to work on - eating has become a habit for us.

Last night i made soupy mash potatos made with skim milk - they were great... I am going to add the unflavor protien to it tonite cuz yesterday i fell a little short on my Protein quota - i wasn't that hungry.

Hopefully when i go to the doctors on Thursday, I will get to move on to pureed food. I want meat & veggie and eggs

As you will find out all doctors have different order - some let you eat right away - some not (you need to let your stomach heal).

I am very lucky i think since i do have restriction and am full after i eat - might not be satistfied but am full. (diff between real hunger and head hunger-gotta learn the diff)

Good Luck...

IndioGirl55- I had my surgery 07/17/07 and I can only have maybe a couple ounces every hour at a sitting then I feel very bloated and uncomfortable. That includes eating only clears and/or full liquids. No way am I getting even 100 cals a day, I don't think. I know I am not eating enough but I physically can't. I can't even drink a whole 4oz gerber apple prune juice in one sitting I can only get down maybe half. I am 5 days post-op I wonder if this is normal.