Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just need to vent. I feel like I'm just starting to lose motivation. I'm eating correctly and I exercise daily and the scale isn't budging. I am 1-month post op and the scale didn't move for me this week and it's making me wonder why I'm putting in all of this effort and not losing weight. I understand this time is for healing still, but I can't help but be discouraged and bummed out... I mean, I am human. I track all of my food on MFP so I'm aware of what I'm eating, but I just don't get it. :(

You've lost 23 lbs? What are you expecting? I know it's been said before but the band is not a magic wand. There's no genie here?

Maybe you should attempt to lower your expectations?

tmf

I understand what you're saying and I'm happy with my loss for the month- I'm discouraged that I didn't lose this week especially since I worked harder this week is what I'm saying

I am lucky- for the most part my body responds really well to doing the right things, eating wise and working out. However, in my journey I had a week where I did everything right and gained a pound. Boy was I surprised. However, I told myself, weight flucuats naturally. It was probably some kind of false high (water retention, hormones et..) I kept on keeping on and the weight came off. Please don't be discouraged- just keep doing what your doing and it will happen. How often do you weigh yourself? I have found it really helpfull to stick to once a week and record it. More than that, natural flucuations will drive you crazy. I know it's hard, but be proud of yourself for working so hard, and know that damn scale will reward you. By the way, are your clothes looser? That's a great indication your shrinking! Best wishes!

I can tell you my success is tied to drinking enough Water. I hit a plateau last month and then noticed I wasn't drinking the amount of Water I was previously.

I wasn't eating Breakfast because I wasn't hungry. I started eating a Protein Bar for Breakfast and drinking more water and I'm losing again.

Be patient and just follow the rules. I have lost 70 pounds since early September. I'm half way to my goal! Good luck. Be strong. I know this works. My sister lost 120 in a year and a half this way. Just takes time and your determination to follow the rules.

You've only been banded a month and you've been on this site long enough to know that it's not going to fly off. Just be patient. (I know, patience is not one of my virtues either)

I believe you posted something like this just yesterday and the replies were good. You cannot expect to lose weight every day or every week no matter what you do. It's just a fact we all have to deal with. Having the band does not mean a steady reliable decline every week in weight loss.

Our bodies are unique and can retain Water for many reasons. TOM, sodium intake, stress, medications, weather and so on. Just because you don't lose on the scale does not mean you did not lose fat and losing fat is the goal. It won't always jump up and say it out loud.

tmf

Hey!!

You are doing really well!! Don't give up and get pass this hurdle because you CAN DO IT. It is worth if not only for weight loss but for your future health!! I haven't lost recently either and it is frustrating but my doc only told me 6-8 pounds a month.......

I see you on MFP and you are doing great with your working out also! It is nice your smiling face coming up with your boyfriend on the feed!

Keep working hard it WILL PAY OFF!!!!!!

I just need to vent. I feel like I'm just starting to lose motivation. I'm eating correctly and I exercise daily and the scale isn't budging. I am 1-month post op and the scale didn't move for me this week and it's making me wonder why I'm putting in all of this effort and not losing weight. I understand this time is for healing still, but I can't help but be discouraged and bummed out... I mean, I am human. I track all of my food on MFP so I'm aware of what I'm eating, but I just don't get it. :(

i told myself i would not respond

but for about a week now you have posted how upset you are at (not losing) when in fact you have lost about 30 pounds and are doing 10000% superb. everyone on here has told you this time and time again......myself at least 5 or 6 times.

this being bummed and upset and discouraged is only hurting YOU...and franking its getting old.. how about writing how great losing 6 bags of 5 pounds of sugar is...or how much better you are feeling and eating...

my last note to you is this, and believe it or not, its true

the scale goes up and down all day long......its not really accurate. losing inches is......if your pants are loose, by gosh you are losing. if they are tight, could be Water weight or gaining......

so again, you questioning why put in all this effort and not getting results is just silly......nearly 30 pounds lost by you is something to be writing positive about because its freeking awesome.

i told myself i would not respond

but for about a week now you have posted how upset you are at (not losing) when in fact you have lost about 30 pounds and are doing 10000% superb. everyone on here has told you this time and time again......myself at least 5 or 6 times.

this being bummed and upset and discouraged is only hurting YOU...and franking its getting old.. how about writing how great losing 6 bags of 5 pounds of sugar is...or how much better you are feeling and eating...

my last note to you is this' date=' and believe it or not, its true

the scale goes up and down all day long......its not really accurate. losing inches is......if your pants are loose, by gosh you are losing. if they are tight, could be Water weight or gaining......

so again, you questioning why put in all this effort and not getting results is just silly......nearly 30 pounds lost by you is something to be writing positive about because its freeking awesome.[/quote']

Ok well not to sound rude, unlike your post, but no, I have not posted about this for a week now- this is my second post since my weigh in was yesterday. I thought this was a place to vent and my get ridiculed and told my feeling are wrong. I am COMPLETELY new to this and thought I would come here and vent so people could help me out. I did not post this to get told by you that my posts are getting old. I'm sorry but who so you think you are? I would never say that to someone on here, let alone someone this new to the banded life. If you didn't want to respond to this, then why did you? I'd rather you keep your rude comments to yourself rather than talk to me like that.

Jen - I have worked out over 8 hours at the gym so far this week spinning, running, pump etc etc and eaten my cup of food three times a day and I have not lost either. Sometimes sh*t happens. No way I am giving up. NO WAY! Keep smiling :)

I am lucky- for the most part my body responds really well to doing the right things' date=' eating wise and working out. However, in my journey I had a week where I did everything right and gained a pound. Boy was I surprised. However, I told myself, weight flucuats naturally. It was probably some kind of false high (water retention, hormones et..) I kept on keeping on and the weight came off. Please don't be discouraged- just keep doing what your doing and it will happen. How often do you weigh yourself? I have found it really helpfull to stick to once a week and record it. More than that, natural flucuations will drive you crazy. I know it's hard, but be proud of yourself for working so hard, and know that damn scale will reward you. By the way, are your clothes looser? That's a great indication your shrinking! Best wishes![/quote']

I weigh myself once a week for the most part and only take my official weigh in on Wednesdays. I know weight fluctuates daily based on so many factors. Thanks for your encouragement- I am so proud I've lost this much weight already! Just bummed the scale didn't move this week :(

i am someone merely who thinks you are doing fantastic and want you to believe it..i wont respond to your posts again. all the best, you will be at goal in no time.

Oh I didn't take CG post rude at all. In fact it seemed like she was giving you kudos and letting you know not to be so hard on yourself....

CG is on of the more positive successful weight loss person on here.

Cheer up it will get better!