Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question for everyone...

Is it unethical for a Moderator to retrieve info from a deleted thread for someone other than the thread-starter?

It was brought up, in a way, earlier, and I have been thinking of it since. Just wondering what's everyone else's thoughts are? Here are the 2 scenarios that come to mind. Christina's pics on the Scar Stages thread (yes, I know it's back and thank you to whichever mods had a hand in that...very nice) and Mandy's measurements on the Challenge thread. Neither of these ladies started the threads, the threads were deleted, is it unethical for a mod to go in, find the info they want from their own posts, and PM the info to them?

I don't have a problem with this at all, just wondering what you all think.

And one other thought...Paula offered a very humble apology here...

Regarding thread topic: I had an outting earlier and really starting thinking about my "stoking the fire" on this thread.

I just felt the need to apoligize to all of you for even adding something - anything.

:( sorry to Mandy.

:) sorry to everyone else.

that I think speaks volumes for her character. Paula, I think you are way cool! ;)

I think its the recent newbies (2?) that thought it WAS a big deal (regards to Vines thread) and started inquiring about it. Now these changes have to happen??

wow how can someone who is new here NOT take this personally. I was one of those who thought it was a big deal on the other thread.

you need to step back and look at both threads with messages directed toward us "newbies".

I am not the one who apologized for my last post, Paula was and I was agreeing that it was making it seem like us "newbies" are the scapegoat's for ALLL of this boards problems - the ones of us who asked questions.

If she didn't see anything wrong with her post then she would not have apologized for the tone of it, but then I don't know her, Ive only read what she had written.

If you are going to let your emotions rule what you have to say and write things like that directed towards ONE group of a certain people i.e. "newbies" then back it up.

Read both threads and see yourself in one our shoes - not knowing alot of people here.

We are trying to ask questions about something valuable, get beat down for it and then get blamed so to speak for this problem that has gone on for alot longer than we "newbies" have been here.

I do not have a problem with Paula, she did not attack me personally - I just told her I took offense at her post, end of story.

I have been reading everything regrading this topic and not ONCE did I take offense.
Snide and rude comments were directed towards me, not Paula's last post but previous post in VQ thread and another thread. You need to read my post directed at Paula
Paula I do have to tell you, I was really upset at the tone of your last post you are referring to

You are the one reading too much into this, I only posted ONE LINE to Paula.. Paula seems like a dear person, but like Pnut said, someone took something she said as snotty and I do not think that of her.

I even made a new post asking what happened. Did I expect this topic to go on like it has? No. Did I cause it or was I responsible? No. This is going on b/c it affects each member on this board. Not just you or just newbies.

Refer to the above post BLAMING us "newbies" who questioned things in the other thread by VQ.

You are putting too much emphasis on yourself. I think it's a little self-serving on your part

explain this - I asked questions, gave other options about threads etc, got trampled because I asked questions, then got blamed for asking questions - if Not ask Paula what "newbies" she was referring to? hmm Kat and I were the ones who asked questions and after tha

She is the LAST person that would try to make anyone feel hurt or offended. Then again, she doesn't need me to defend her.

Again see her last 2 posts in this thread.

Next time, please take a step back and look at the big picture b4 attacking an individual.

I would call this a misinterpretations of the words that were written, show me where I "attacked" Paula, she posted blaming the (2) "newbies" who made a "big deal out of the threads being gone and then apologized for adding fuel to this thread. Hmmm how is that me attacking HER? lol
It's OK to have different opinions, but I don't think it's OK to address an person in the way you have b/c you took it out of context.....this is MY opinion of course
. Maybe you need to take your own advise?
I have never felt this way and never will. This place is for all of us and if it wasn't, your posts could be deleted. I think a little of respect is in order.
Refer to TBM (thebestme) post in the VQ thread of deleting big threads.
Please don't try to tear down someone's character by misunderstandinggive
I in no way misunderstood what Paula had to say - it is there in plain english for all of us to read and see and not delete LOL LBT humor here.

I in no way attacked or tore her character down by telling her that her last post upset me because she specifically blames "newbies" (her words not mine) for the demise of the edit/delete button.

It's called integrity!!!

The courage of Integrity

The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity.

Choosing right over wrong, ethics over convenience, and truth over popularity...these are the choices that measure your life.

Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

On the other hand, there are others who let emotions rule their thoughts and decisions as well as posts.

It is very easy to sit behind a computer, write what you want to say without thought and reason and then 3 hours or 3 days later be over it and have to apologize or be embarrassed about what you have said (refer to 3 or 4 other posts in these 3 lines of threads)

I spoke what I had to say and did not and will not apologize for what I have said.

I have a question for everyone...

Is it unethical for a Moderator to retrieve info from a deleted thread for someone other than the thread-starter?

Speaking for myself, I do think it's treading on thin ice to retrieve and re-post information--when said information was deleted in the first place by someone who had full rights to do so. That's why it doesn't seem like a good idea to allow those rights to extend indefinitely.

To everyone: There's been no attacking and there's no reason for ANYONE to take anything said on these threads personally. Let's keep the discussion on the points at hand, and not whip it up into a "war." Thanks!!

Alex, if you reread what they were asking, it was to retrieve the information and PM it to the original poster, not repost it. If that is possible I would love to get my starting measurements for Nana's Holiday thread. I have my email address as well as PM active here. I'm not trying to be nasty, but that is the problem with the quote feature, you only quoted part of what was said and that changed the meaning of the statement. ~Mandy

I posted 3 times on this thread.

My apology was for ANY participation in this discussion.

((hugs)) to all those my "newbie" comment may have hurt. I honestly didnt mean it to cause this.

Alex, if you reread what they were asking, it was to retrieve the information and PM it to the original poster, not repost it. If that is possible I would love to get my starting measurements for Nana's Holiday thread. I have my email address as well as PM active here. I'm not trying to be nasty, but that is the problem with the quote feature, you only quoted part of what was said and that changed the meaning of the statement. ~Mandy

I sort of thought she was asking two different questions, which is why I only answered the first part. You're right; I read it too quickly.

I don't at all think there's anything wrong with what you requested. Please contact me privately if you still need it done.

Could we PLEASE have our Edit rights back??? I am getting behind on the GFG Club updates and I don't want to make 15 duplicate pages!

PLEASE???

I second that!

I need to update the Houston potluck page. Please don't blame the rest of us for (what you think is) the mistake of a few.

No war here....I stand by my words 100%. No newbies are personally or individually responsible for the current/upcoming changes. Emotional? Yes, I am sometimes, but I don't feel it's necessary to apologize for it. My heart is bigger than my emotions and it is my desire for everyone to feel loved and welcome here as well as to share different opinions in a mature manner.

Families kiss and make-up. I won't be kissing anyone ;) , but let's go forward from here and accept the changes as a positive thing to benefit all of us.

Im having a very hard time shaking this thread... sorry guys.

Lisa - WHY are you taking everything SO out of context? Not just with me, but with SO many others as well? Now you have brought in 4 other members - PLUS added things fom another thread just to prove your point?? The time that you spent on your above post by copying and pasting is impressive, but is it worth it?

Do we really want to spend SO much time reading into other peoples intentions?

I dont. This is a message board. We have NO idea what is pivately going on around those of us that post on here. Everything I read on this board is taken loosely... with that thought in mind.

I am extremely *EXTREMELY* extremely extremely offended by the past postings on this thread by you. I have now taken this as a personal attack - which is against LBT board rules! And I have contacted a moderator regarding this. Ive had *7* (new and old) members send me PM's ALSO seeing this as a personal attack on me.

Like I said above, I gave an apology covering ANYTHING I posted on this thread BEFORE any of your comments were added.

The friends that I have (new and old/real and cyber) seem to take value in those words. Why dont you?

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I third the right to be able to edit so I can update my Gifts received thread for Delarla's challenge.

I think that Alex and the Mods were being very clever when they took out the Edit option. It's the old, "Let's take more away and then they won't think the original bit we took is so bad after all" ploy. Now we all just want the Edit button back, so screw the delete thing!

Susan, you are so right! Look at us groveling like children over here for the damn edit!

I thought I was finished being disciplined when I moved out of my mom's house. This feels like crap.

Lisa, I'm going to have to jump back into this one. Please stop attacking Paula. If you go back and reread both controversial threads, YOU are the only poster reading between the lines of other people's words and trying to be confrontational. You misread something I said to you, and I chose to ignore you in the other thread because I could see that you just wanted to fight. I know that when you passive-aggressively talk about all the other posters who have been making you feel unwelcome, you are talking about me, too.

Seriously, you are over-reacting and assigning meanings to our words that we didn't intend. If you're going to pick a fight with someone, do it with me. I'm a bitch, I probably deserve it, and I probably DID secretly mean something nasty with my words. But Paula is none of those things. Please leave her alone.

I must be special, cause I went back and checked several threads and I do have an edit button :party: .

I don't mean to pull favors, but Paula's one of my bestest pals too and I know she meant it from the heart when she apologized for anything she said that might have offended anyone.

Lisa, I usually stay out of these, but darlin, I think you're fightin a losing battle here. We are truly a strong and supportive group here. We've been through a lot, we even lost one of our LB sisters to a horrible accident, which has nothing to do with this, but my point is, we not only support each other, we share good times and bad. We come here to have fun, share our stories, and make wonderful friends, so accept the apologies and let it go, (please).

xxxx:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: