Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5DPT - worked!!!

Hi everyone.... On my last thread I had asked if anyone tried the 5 Day Pouch Test? Well... I did. It works... I'm back on track now. No more carb cravings and taught me to measure foods again. Even though I was following my doctors plan I must have just been missing that one step. I even lost 2.8 lbs. That alone finally gave me the confidence and push that I need to not give up to keep moving forward!!!! I even tried Zumba for the first time and it felt great!!!!

I highly recommend the 5DPT for anyone that is struggling or just needs a reset!!! Big shout out to the author Kaye Bailey..thank you!!!!

Did u feel a renewed sense of restriction?

I am relatively new (almost 3 months PO) but recently i had a few bad days where i overate and i want to make sure i don't do any damage so early on in my journey so i just started 5DPT today.

Here goes....

So happy to hear you are back on track!!!

Also, thank you for the heads up on this pouch test!

GOOD LUCK!

A little embarrassing, but what's the ouch test? Lol.

What is the 5 day pouch test???? I have no clue. Plz tell me :)

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Thanks everyone.... Yes, I feel like I'm back at the beginning and it feels great!!! The 5DPT is a condensed version of what you would do the weeks after surgery. Below is a link to the website. If you feel like you need to get balanced again, got a little side tracked and want to see if your band is still working I highly recommend trying this for a week.

http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

I am on day 3. Just finished dinner. It was great to chew again. Looking forward to turkey chili tomorrow. :-)

That's great!!!! How are you feeling? I couldn't believe how I felt on day 3. Turkey chili... Hmm, believe you just answered my question about what to fix tomorrow night.. Thanks!!! LOL

That's great!!!! How are you feeling? I couldn't believe how I felt on day 3. Turkey chili... Hmm' date=' believe you just answered my question about what to fix tomorrow night.. Thanks!!! LOL[/quote']

I made it a couple of week ago and froze it. Soooo glad I did. And the weather we are having here in the Northeast says chili is a must! :-)

I didn't think I was going to get through the night last night. All I could think about was what I was going to eat today. No lie. My stomach was growling so bad that I couldn't even get comfortable. But I survived!

I just started this today. I am a little nauseous...a little tired, but hopeful. :) glad to hear that others are doing it too!?!?!!